Combining Prayers at Umrah & Hajj!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining Prayers at Umrah & Hajj!

Hafeez Sahib, in another thread asked the question why Muslim combine Salats to 3 during Umrah & Hajj.

As I haven't been blessed to perform Umrah or Hajj; I did not know that. I would like to know what's the reason behind that. Also:
    • 1. Do they perform 3 salats or do they perfom 5 but actually combine them into 3?

2. Is it mandatory to combine them or can one perform 5 at their appropriate time.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Pardon my limited knowledge, but they are not combined during "Umrah", but only during "Hajj".

Some prayers are combined and the reason they are combined is because the Prophet (Sallah o Alaihay Wassalam) performed Hajj in that same manner (as per historians and scholars). So this is how Hajj is performed for the last 1500 years.

The complete details of hajj can be found at http://islamicards.hypermart.net/ahlan/hajjrites.htm

"Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

I am deleting my comments as they might 'mislead'!

[This message has been edited by hafeez123 (edited July 17, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
      X