Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islams views on darwing living things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islams views on darwing living things...

I know Islam forbids any kind of art in which living things are depicted (including photos?), but im not sure why... Can somone explain why, and give refrences?

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited July 14, 2002).]

there is nothing inspiring in desert
    for art. compare that in condtions of flowing rivers and lush green forests.
    people think diffferently and influensed by sorroundings.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited July 14, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:

cud not have not thought of a more ignorant reply....

Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
        cud not have not thought of a more ignorant reply....

eskimos have thousands words to describe
        snow. in some tropical forests there is
        no word for snow.
        a punjabi farmer would better person
        to sing a song about his wheat fields.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited July 14, 2002).]

Comment

As-Salaam 'alaykum wa-Rahmatullaahe wa-Barakaatuhu

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Praise be to Allaah.

Here are some comments I’ve taken from islam-qa.

The basic principle concerning making pictures of any animate being, whether it is a human or any animal, is that it is haraam, whether the pictures are three-dimensional or are drawn on paper, cloth or walls, etc., or are photographs (taken with a camera), because of the reports in the saheeh ahaadeeth which state that that is not allowed, and threaten the one who does that with a painful torment, and because they may lead to shirk in the form of standing respectfully before them, humbling oneself before them, drawing close to them and venerating them in a manner that is only befitting for Allaah.

They are also forbidden because this is a kind of trying to match the creation of Allaah, and because of the temptation inherent in some of them, such as pictures of actresses and naked women, and so-called beauty queens.

Let us not forget that the shirk committed by the people of Nooh (peace be upon him) started because they set up pictures and images of some righteous people who had lived among them

Among the ahaadeeth which state that this is haraam and that it is a major sin is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe the soul into it on the Day of Resurrection, and he will never be able to do that.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

He [Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him)] also narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and every image that he made will be made to appear to him and will torment him in Hell.”

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “If you must do that, then make trees and things that have no soul.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The general meaning of the ahaadeeth is that it is absolutely forbidden to make images of anything that has a soul.
          Other evidences include:

The hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or images.” (Agreed upon).

The hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) returned from a journey and I had covered an alcove with a blanket on which there were images. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it, he tore it down and said, ‘The people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be those who imitate the creation of Allaah.’” (Agreed upon).

The hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Jibreel came to me and said: ‘I came to you yesterday and nothing prevented me from entering except that there was a statue by your door, and there was a curtain in your house with images on it, and there was a dog in the house. So tell someone to cut the head off the statue by your door, so it will look like a tree; tell someone to cut up the curtain and make it into floor-cushions that will be stepped on; and tell someone to put the dog outside.’”

So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did that. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad).

'Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "Shall I not send you on the same mission as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any built-up tomb without levelling it, and do not leave any picture in any house without erasing it." (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa'i; this is the version narrated by al-Nisaa'i

For a specific ruling on photographs, see
          http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...e&QR=365&dgn=3

This link also includes other evidences as well as beneficial comments from Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. Please find time to read it.

May Allaah help us and you to do all that pleases Him and earns His forgiveness.

And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad (saw).

Wa Salaam 'alaykum wa-Rahmatullaahe wa-Barakaatuhu

Comment

Thanks a lot Asif jee, Your a big help

Comment

dear all,

making a picture or takinga picture per se is not WRONG, but is the object which you want to portray or what is the message of a image!! (the same also holds for music, it is not music per se but what are the contants of the lyrics etc.)

asifmaruf:
              such as pictures of actresses and naked women, and so-called beauty queens.

filhaal:
              so its not taking a picture on itself that is wrong but the object/subject you want portray!!!!!!you yourself have defined wrong pictures that should not be made.

these are so-called sahih hadith, but some point which are not logical:

The hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be
              upon him) returned from a journey and I had covered an alcove with a blanket on which there were images. When the
              Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it, he tore it down and said, ‘The people who will be most
              severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be those who imitate the creation of Allaah.’” (Agreed upon).

filhaal:
              nowadays people have invented planes (which in effect are imitations of birds), so this is also imitating GOD's creation!!

The hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
              him) said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or images.” (Agreed upon).

filhaal:
              have you ever wondered why the hadith are anti-dog???????(nothing in the quran!!!)

Comment

i thought music was totally forbidden except in a verrrrry few exceptional cases like beating of drum is allowed at marriage etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:

I think this is a very insightful reply. Islam seems to be derived by people of the desert for people of the desert. All the rules/hadiths etc, seem to be specific for people who lived in the area where Islam originated. Most rules I read about seem to be more cultural than spiritual.

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole:
                    I think this is a very insightful reply. Islam seems to be derived by people of the desert for people of the desert. All the rules/hadiths etc, seem to be specific for people who lived in the area where Islam originated. Most rules I read about seem to be more cultural than spiritual.
                    It will always be hadith rules.. Islam from the Qur'an knows that eskimos can't grow foot long beards even if they didn't shave all their life.

JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Working...
                    X