• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear NeSCio ...

Salaam,

You were quoted as saying:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NeSCio:

the Nabi hasn't ordered me to follow Bukhari as a source of information. He has ordered to follow the Quran
    and the Quran doesn't say that I should follow Bukhari [QUOTE]

The obvious question arises, as to how do you know that the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - ordered you to follow the Qur'aan? What is your source, might i enquire?

&peace

--------------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

The obvious question arises, as to how do you know that the Prophet -salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - ordered you to follow the Qur'aan? What is your source, might i enquire?

This question sounds funny. Are you asking why we should follow the word of Allah swt or that you need a proof that Al-Quran is word of God?

I thought it is very obvious to all Muslims why Al-Quran is our source for guidance

Comment

Salaam,
      As a Muslim the basic things I have to believe are (among others): the oneness of Allah, the Books he sent down and his Messengers. Part of this is that I believe that the Quran was sent down by Allah and brought to the people by the Holy Prophet. Purely based on common sense and logical thinking one can conclude that the Messenger would have ordered the people to follow the Book which he brought to the people. (why else would he bring a Book to the people without ordering them to follow the Book? That’s why he’s called a “Messenger”. He brings a message (in the form of the Quran) and orders the people to follow that message)

My source for my statement is common sense and logical thinking.
      Why so serious ... ?

Comment

Surah Al-Imran: verses 31,32

Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Say: "Obey Allah and His Messenger"; but if they turn back Allah loveth not those who reject Faith.

if you love Allah, then follow the Messenger....
        since u were not present at the time of the Messenger, u have to follow his orders that have been recorded in the form of hadith....

Surah Al-Nisaa: verse 61
        "When it is said to them: "Come to what Allah hath revealed and to the Apostle": thou seest the Hypocrites avert their faces from thee in disgust."

Surah Al-Nisaa verses 80,81
        He who obeys the Apostle obeys Allah: but if any turn away We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds)
        They have "Obedience" on their lips; but when they leave thee a section of them meditate all night on things very different from what thou tellest them but Allah records their nightly (plots): so keep clear of them and put thy trust in Allah; and enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

------------------
        "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

This post is going to turn into another "Dear Pyaricgudia" thread.

Why bother raising the same topic when one is going to get the same answer -- I understand the "Dear Pyaricgudia" thread is now locked - why? I dont know - ask Sentinel or Akif.

But why are you revisiting the same question, husnain? I mean seriously. I'm not mocking you or anything. Is your aim to get everyone, including me, nescio and all others who have even slightly acknowledged our arguments to be more logical than yours, to agree with you?

I really see no reason for revisiting this issue of hadith vs. sunnah - its the same topic but just reworded.

If you want the argument to continue, then why not open up the closed thread and continue from where we left off?

Is this possible mods? I think this would only make sense...

I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

You know I thought the "dear so and so" for a post title was very creative --

can you try some other titles - the "dear so and so " is becoming repetitive -- husnain, you seem smart - I think repetition is ruining the effect of the style.

I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Working...
            X