Intercession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intercession

The possibility of intercession for the sinner on the day of judgement is quite obvious from the repeated declaration from the Holy Qur’an. Declarations are so clearly worded that no one can misinterpret them otherwise.

Who is that who can intercede with Him but with His permission (Q. 2 -255)

O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful. (5-35)

It means intercession is allowed with God, but only by those who are authorized or who earn the title to it by their unique virtues. Who else could be more entitled to this divine grace and unique privilege than the Apostle of God and his Ahlul-bayt?

The point is that the one who sincerely seeks to know the truth, a straight answer with simplistic logic will certainly suffice. But to one who wants to go on arguing merely for arguments sake, even the Apostle of God could not satisfy.

On that day shall no intercession avail except of him whom the Beneficent Allah allows and whose word He is pleased with. (20-109)

The above verses are too clear to create any doubt against dear ones, to the Lord having authority from Him to intercede.

Similar verses about intercession being allowed to particular ones are there e.g.:
    It is made clear in the following verse:

[Shakir 19:87] They shall not control intercession, save he who has made a covenant with the Beneficent Allah.

Redemption or intercession is a fact but reserved for only those who earned covenant with Lord to do it.

Intercession means to approach Him can be none other than by the Holy Prophet and those God commission to be his successors.

The Prophet declared to liken of “My Household” is like Ark of Noah, whoever gets into it is saved and whoever stayed away from it is drowned.

God himself enjoins man to seek medium unto him:

O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful. (5-35)

Many Sunni Ulama like Hafidh Bu Nu’aim Isfahani in his “Nuzulul Qura’an Fi Ali, Hafidh Abu Baakr Shirazi in his “Maa Nazala Qur’an Fi Ali, Hafidh Abu Tha’labi in his “Tafsir” say that “Wasila” (means of approach) in the above verse means the descendants of the Holy Prophet (saww).

All in all, not knowing the difference between “Mawaddat” (i.e. love or
    Friendship) and “Uboodi-yaaah” (i.e. worship) it has been necessary to seek clarification.

Finally. reading the following verses as a whole sheds light upon what Allah (swt) commands us to do:

[Shakir 42:23] Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

[Shakir 34:47] Say: Whatever reward I have asked of you, that is only for yourselves; my reward is only with Allah, and He is a witness of all things.

[Shakir 25:57] Say: I do not ask you aught in return except that he who will, may take the way to his Lord.

ws

[This message has been edited by Gandalf (edited July 09, 2002).]

i never read Ali's (may Allah be pleased with him) name in the Quran....

i always thought it was revealed on Muhammad (pbuh)....

The Prophet declared to liken of “My Household” is like Ark of Noah, whoever gets into it is saved and whoever stayed away from it is drowned.
    yes exactly, thats what Islam is all about....
    whosoever is from the family of the Prophet, will be saved, and all others burn in hell....

nice joke
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
      i never read Ali's (may Allah be pleased with him) name in the Quran....

i always thought it was revealed on Muhammad (pbuh)....

yes exactly, thats what Islam is all about....
      whosoever is from the family of the Prophet, will be saved, and all others burn in hell....

nice joke

The joke's on you. All I can conclude from your response is that you do not comprehend the english language very well.

Pls re-read what I wrote and then read yr response to it. Then come back and let me know if what you wrote makes sense.

Comment

Working...
      X