X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lecture of the Week

Source:YMFN

Hussam al-Seba'i speaks about "Modesty in Islam"

"If you are a strong person, or smart, or successful, and feel you have achieved more than those around you, and feel sometimes that I am good person because I have done all these things, and you say: "I did it!" you have become like Shaytan. Because the first thing that Shaytan said when he was told to be humble was Ana! ('I') because he felt he was better than Adam. Think of Prophet Sulayman when he was given dominion over all of earth and the forces of nature and he said: Hazha min Fadhlih Rabbi ('This is truly from the grace of my Lord!')."

Listen to the entire lecture

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited July 05, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited July 05, 2002).]

Source:YMFN

Imam Khalid Griggs speaks about "Islam: Your Gateway to Freedom"

"When we look at the history of wahy (revelation), when we look at the prophetic history as contained in the Quran we find that Allah has put in the Quran stories that make it clear that the life on this earth as human beings is about freeing ourselves, liberating ourselves from the slavery of worshiping other than Allah."

Listen to the whole lecture

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Working...
    X