I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

My friends and I were discussing something related to Islam, and we were trying to think up a verse that may be in the Quran, or a statement made in a hadith. Regardless, its written down somewhere.

The statement/verse is that molten rock or something really hot will be poured down our ears if we do something or hear something.

Can anyone tell me what that hadith or quranic verse is? Please post it up, if its possible. Thanks sooo much.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

ive heard tht if u listen to songs wen u die glass will b melted and poured into ur ears,i dont no if its true or not

------------------
    luv is not blind-it sees more and not less,but coz it sees more its willing 2 see less!!!!
    ..walking on eggshells..

Comment

That is what I thought it was about.

Next questions -- is this from a Quranic ayah or a hadith?

Can someone post up the Quranic excerpt or the whole hadith?

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:
        That is what I thought it was about.

Next questions -- is this from a Quranic ayah or a hadith?

Can someone post up the Quranic excerpt or the whole hadith?
        How can you even have a doubt?? Since when did Qur'an give such frightening punishments for acts that aren't even a crime!??

It is definitely in the realm of stories you'll find compiled under Hadith..
        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

I read somewhere a long time ago, that one of the punishments proscribed in an ancient text of India for outcastes was pouring of molten stuff in their ears if they were caught listening to the chanting of Vedas by Bhramins. It might even have been in the famous Laws of Manu text. I hope this helps.

Comment

Thus far, I have seen only this hadith which particularly says that use of musical instruments is "haram" / "illegal".

What I have been told by scholars/books is that punishment of listening to songs with music is ear being poured with melting lead. I'll try to find an authentic source. I have not seen this in Quran yet, so its most likely in Hadith/Sunnah.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

------------------
            May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:

It is definitely in the realm of stories you'll find compiled under Hadith..
              Maybe you can stop being so disrespectful to those who do believe in ahadiths? Since you're a follower of the Quran alone, maybe this is something you would've learnt! But that would certainly be too much to expect from someone who has studied the Quran and is yet not able to understand the importance of Sunnah.

Comment

Mahiwal, there is a difference between hadith and sunnah.

Also, sunnah is optional , not mandatory. You're encouraged to follow it, and much of it is wise advice and good to follow.

Hadith's are different, and its impossible to tell the authenticity of some. Doubt not the word of God, but do doubt the word of man.

Comment

I know this is a tangent, but speaking of transforming into monkeys and pigs ---

I heard that there was a race of humans who were cursed or punished by God, and they were transformed into monkeys, chimpanzees, or Gorillas-- well, one of those.

Does anyone know what i'm talking about? I only heard this, so I have no idea if its true or not.

Comment

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith Hadith 9.165 Narrated byIbn Abbas

The Prophet said, "Whoever claims to have seen a dream which he did not see, will be ordered to make a knot between two barley grains which he will not be able to do; and if somebody listens to the talk of some people who do not like him (to listen) or they run away from him, then molten lead will be poured into his ears on the Day of Resurrection; and whoever makes a picture, will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be ordered to put a soul in that picture, which he will not be able to do."

Comment

Yes, the Bani Israel who transgressed beyond bounds were turned in to monkeys:

007.163 Ask them concerning the town standing close by the sea. Behold! they transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath. For on the day of their Sabbath their fish did come to them, openly holding up their heads, but on the day they had no Sabbath, they came not: thus did We make a trial of them, for they were given to transgression.

007.164 When some of them said: "Why do ye preach to a people whom God will destroy or visit with a terrible punishment?"- said the preachers:" To discharge our duty to your Lord, and perchance they may fear Him."
                      007.165 When they disregarded the warnings that had been given them, We rescued those who forbade Evil; but We visited the wrong-doers with a grievous punishment because they were given to transgression.
                      007.166 When in their insolence they transgressed (all) prohibitions, We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected."

"When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Thankyou Ibrahim and Sallu.

I wanted clarification if the molten lead thing was a punishment for listening to music and if that was in the Quran.

I'm glad its not. Thus, I continue to listen to my Junaid Jamshed and Najam

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:

Thus, I continue to listen to my Junaid Jamshed and Najam
                          But do make sure that it is not pirated music (such as music available free of cost online or through software like Napster, Kazaa etc). We are not supposed to wrong people with respect to their goods (11:85).

[This message has been edited by sallu123 (edited July 04, 2002).]
                          "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

oh sallu, dont worry.

I buy all my music to support the Pakistani artists.

Comment

Working...
                            X