• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lovers to face jail, 80 lashes each in Gulf emirate

This is what comes out of it..hehe

lovers to face jail, 80 lashes each in Gulf emirate
    AFP
    Dubai, June 26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    An Islamic court in the Gulf emirate of Ras Al Khaimah has sentenced an Indian couple to three months in jail and 80 lashes each after they admitted adultery, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.
    Gulf News said they were arrested at a rented love nest and confessed to a lengthy illicit affair.

An official of the Emirate's Sharia or Islamic court identified the man only by his initials L.N. And the woman as A.M.

Sharia courts throughout the United Arab Emirates federation of seven city states hand down severe punishment for couples caught having affairs outside wedlock.

_____________ http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfra...02/dlfor49.asp

The next time an Arab is caught buying Muslim girls in India, he should be...

Comment

Hum, I wonder if the "indian couple" was Muslim or not?
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Yeah I wonder if they were muslim or not, because if they were then so be it, if not then oh well. If you choice to live in a land you must obey the rules of that land, no matter what!

------------------
        "By Allah I long to escape the prison of my ego and lose myself in the mountains and deserts , these sad and lonely people tire me" ---Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell:
          If you choice to live in a land you must obey the rules of that land, no matter what!
          I guess that's why many people choose to live in the west, to enjoy the many personal freedoms, including the freedom of religon. They can do this without fear of being persecuted by someone else's strict interpretation of centuries old dogma that they may consider outdated and restrictive.

I suppose one could argue that a country has the right to impose such a moral code. But would that same person not be a hypocrite if he chose to live the free life America has to offer, while at the same time constantly criticizing it? Would he live in America if he were flogged for not having said his Hail Marys? Now that would be some real fodder for the anti-American posts.

If the world turned into countries each with its own strict implentation of their differing scriptures, not allowing people to live their own personal spiritual lives, then we would truly witness the clash of civilizations. It is a blessing that western countries are secular and democratic. Look at the conflict between the societies already.

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole:

If the world turned into countries each with its own strict implentation of their differing scriptures, not allowing people to live their own personal spiritual lives

What has sexual intercourse to do with "personal spiritual lives"?? Please stop generalizing.

------------------
            "He who lives upon hope only will die fasting."

[This message has been edited by sallu123 (edited June 27, 2002).]
            "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

-

[This message has been edited by sallu123 (edited June 27, 2002).]
              "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by sallu123:
                What has sexual intercourse to do with "personal spiritual lives"?? Please stop generalizing.
                Evidently this government does. What are they trying to do? Forcefully impose a religous and moral code unto its populace. But religion is more than words in a book and man's interpretation of them. It's about spirituality, one's personal relationship with their God. If someone decides that adultery is not against their moral or religous code, who is the government to say differently?

Besides you are in Canada. You enjoy enormous freedoms of thought, speech and religion. That doesn't give you much room to justify these draconian laws. If they are so wonderful, why don't you live there? I'm not sure about Canada, but in US the people would fight to their death to defend against these types of personal restrictions.

Comment

I think its all right for any country to use the sharia, as long as they're not hypocrites about it.

This couple gets punished, but the rich arabs continue to live lives of material granduer while their poor suffer - this isn't Islamic either.

And there is really no muslim country today that can execute the sharia without making a mess of it.
                  I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

These countires never implement islamic sharia completely.

The islamic punishment for fornication is 100 lashes and for aduletry is stoning till death, either way they havent carried out the correct punishment.

Comment

That is the main reason why some rich Arab dude does 'it' outside the sheikdom.

Comment

PCG has a good point... It is a well known fact how 'ayash' these Arab men are... They have harems full of various women... 'But no, the laws are only for the slaves in their opinion!!!'

All this hypocrisy will eventually backfire on them...

Comment

Working...
                        X