Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Youth Day

Assalam Alaikum,

I've been seeing signs all around Toronto about the World Youth Day..also info about the Pope visiting and speaking on the last day of the World Youth Week (July 28th). I really don't know what this festival/religious occasion is all about..so if anyone would like to shed some light on the event..please do so.

------------------
    "O people! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Messenger of Allah and the last in the line of Prophets. And Allah is aware of everything." (33:40)

"The Hour will not come ... until nearly thirty "dajjals" (liars) appear, each one claiming to be a messenger from Allah." (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

World Youth Day's the Christian pilgrimage that'll be held in Toronto this summer.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Wa alaikum as salaam,

I did a search on google, and here's their site.

Here's the link to their FAQ section

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by sallu123 (edited June 26, 2002).]
      "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
        World Youth Day's the Christian pilgrimage that'll be held in Toronto this summer.

Isn't the Pope catholic though?

------------------
        "O people! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Messenger of Allah and the last in the line of Prophets. And Allah is aware of everything." (33:40)

"The Hour will not come ... until nearly thirty "dajjals" (liars) appear, each one claiming to be a messenger from Allah." (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
        22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Originally posted by sallu123:
          Wa alaikum as salaam,

I did a search on google, and here's their site.

Here's the link to their FAQ section

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by sallu123 (edited June 26, 2002).]
          Thanks for the info..it did help

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X