Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to Hindu Members

My dear Hindu Brothers/Sisters

I am planning to make a little temple for Puja in my house. I am big fan of Lord Shiva. How do I go about it? I have a small house, with enough rooms just for the family. I do not have any rooms to spare so I am thinking of making a little mantel-top Temple in the corner of my dining room.

Are there any guidelines that must be followed? Like the width/height/location/direction of the temple, and where to place Lord Shiva?

Many thanks.

p.s. Brothers of other faiths who have made similar Temples in their houses can also help with this inquiry if they wish to.

Are you kidding??? Well, you are free to pursue whatever your beliefs are but here's what the Quran says:

3:64 Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to God's Will)."

P.S: No offence meant!!

------------------
    "He who lives upon hope only will die fasting."
    "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Eddy...
      You ridiculing other faiths is just as bad as anyone else ridiculing your own faith. Think twice before posting again in this forum.

Akif

[This message has been edited by Akif (edited June 25, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by sallu123:

Bohaat kHoob

------------------
        Waaizo Aatish-e-DauzakH se JahaN ko tumne
        Yeh Draiyaa hai keh kHud ban gaye Darr ki Soorat

[This message has been edited by Tassneef (edited June 25, 2002).]

Comment

Eddy..man you are so funny.. Man, you are so funny.

Show respect if you want others to show respect to your beliefs.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I will keep that in mind. If nothing else, building a Temple in my house would kinds stop a few morons from visiting me. But primarily I want it for spirituality.

Comment

NYA: Now that we have gotten the formalities with some of the venemous posters out of the way. I don't think anyone cares where you place the temple. God can reached througha shoebox as well as mantle adorned with Natraj. Good for you buddy.

I just erected a little Zoaroastrian Chapel in my Kitchen sink.

[This message has been edited by Chaltahai (edited June 25, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
              My dear Hindu Brothers/Sisters

I am planning to make a little temple for Puja in my house. I am big fan of Lord Shiva. How do I go about it? I have a small house, with enough rooms just for the family. I do not have any rooms to spare so I am thinking of making a little mantel-top Temple in the corner of my dining room.

Are there any guidelines that must be followed? Like the width/height/location/direction of the temple, and where to place Lord Shiva?

Many thanks.

p.s. Brothers of other faiths who have made similar Temples in their houses can also help with this inquiry if they wish to.
              NYAhmadi bhai, so glad to hear you are turning to Lord Shiva.
              No special rules as such. Just put up an idol of Shiva or Shiv Lingam and chant "Om Namah Shivaya"!!

By the way don't believe one word of members quoting 'Al' this 'Illilla' that and claimimg ignorance of idolatory.
              They know perfectly well how to go about "Shiv" puja.
              Because it is the first thing in all 'Raj Kappor' movies which is all they watch in their guily lives!!

You know in the beginning of every Prithvi Films movie, you can see P{rithvi Raj Kapoor doing it.
              SO your brothers and sisters in the Islamic republic of Pakistan are very familiar with it!!

[This message has been edited by Nagarjuna (edited June 25, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
                Eddy..man you are so funny.. Man, you are so funny.

Show respect if you want others to show respect to your beliefs.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I will keep that in mind. If nothing else, building a Temple in my house would kinds stop a few morons from visiting me. But primarily I want it for spirituality.

Beshak DoosroN ke Aqaaid ki respect karni chahiye aur bohaat hi ziaada karni chahyie ..kiouNkeh Nabbi-e-Pak (saw) bhi doosroN ki aqaid ka ehteraam akrte they..lekin hameiN doossre aqaid ko apne aqaid meiN shaamil nahin karna chahyie ya Ibadaat aur maz'habbi Rasoomat se parhez karna chaahye jo isslaami Taleemaat ke kHilaaf aur Tauheed ke mukhaalif hooN.!!

------------------

Comment

sallu123 and Tassneef bhai this guy's a Qadiani, he's already outside the fold of Islam so it doesn't really make any difference if he worships God Almighty or some idol

Comment

NYA, can I just ask what it is about Lord Shiva that makes 'a big fan' of his?

ps) as far as I know the location of the shrine is entirely up to you.

Comment

Dear friends, this question was very serious, and I have very strong convictions about spirituality (not necessarily religiosity). Last night, I was with my Guruji, my Tabla teacher, who happens to be a Khilfa (head) of a very prominent (as well as dominant) musical Gharana (school or style, Gharana literally means “family”) of Northern India. He himself is a Hindu, but he represents a “Muslim Musical Gharana”. In Tabla music, there are 6 Gharana, and with the exception of one (Banaras Gharana), all of them are Muslim. So my Guruji is as familiar with Islamic traditions (not just musically, but also otherwise), as he always says “Salam” to his Muslim disciples (or students) and “Allah Hafiz” when we depart. We, his students, do the same thing, and always greet him with Namaste. But here’s the story that he told us last night.

The previous Khalifa (I am going to withhold his name) of our Gharana was a Muslim, who also practiced Hinduism along with Islam. He would make appearances in Hindu Temples, ring bells, chant hymns. He passed away a few years ago, and the Islamic clergy refused to do a Jinaza (funeral prayers) and did not allow burying of his body in the town’s Muslim cemetery. Some Muslims students of his conducted his Jinaza prayers, and he was buried underneath a Tree outside of Lord Shiva’s Temple. His Hindu students conducted Hindu services for him as well. So he got two funerals for the price of one.

I can understand the passions that differences in religions arise due to many reasons (and they are totally understandable). But if we keep fighting over these rather silly little details, we have no right to call ourselves human beings. If I want to build a Temple in my living room, it does not mean that I am letting my beliefs in God go away. It just means I am adding more beliefs to strengthen my chances at becoming a complete person. I very strongly believe that there is no Right way or Wrong way. All ways are right in their own way, and God is never found by looking outside. I am a very strong believer is Sufi philosophy.

Ram Ram and Asalam O Lakum to you all.

Comment

NYAhemdi: Good mental and emotional excerscise for some of the guppies! As long as you are having a good time!

Comment

NYAhmadi, congratulations on new expansion to your sphere of spirituality. To make the Temple even more beautiful take some tiles away from that kitchen wall and put around the temple. or if you have some extra left overs use those.

I am also sending you a "guTka" that you can read in Gurmukhi. After you read it you can place it in a drawer in the head board or on the table anywhere in the house. or you can can choose easier path like mine and say from your memory "Satnaam Waheguru" few times a day and feel the tranquility it brings to your whole existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Paki Prince:
                            sallu123 and Tassneef bhai this guy's a Qadiani, he's already outside the fold of Islam so it doesn't really make any difference if he worships God Almighty or some idol
                            Paaki Qadiyaani ho ya kissi bhi Firqa se Talluq rakhne waalaa. Hai Musalmaan ..aissi baatoN se par'hez kijyie ..Deen ke mumlaat meiN kissi ko Kaafir Qarar dene ka haque kissi ko nahIn hai aap se raaye hai keh Ta'asubaat ki yeh ainak utaar phainkiye...!!aur Islaami asooloN ki pairwi kijyie kiouNkeh Yeh Mullahism ki banaai hui baatein haiN qadiaani kissi ko kehkar Islaams e kHarij kar diya to kissi ko shiaa ya sunni keh kar kHarij akr diya...!! mujhey bataiye keh Allah aur Russul (SAW) ne kisse kHarij-az-Islaam qaraar diya hai..main to sirf unhiN ko Islaam se kHarij samjhta hooN jinko Ahaadees-e-qudsiaa aur Quraan-e-Paak kHarij qaraar deiN..meri Nazar meiN to baaqi sab Musalmaaan haiN aur Laazmi to nahIn keh aik Musalmaan hi maumin ho?
                            Allah ko MauminoN se piyaar hai wo koi bhi ho sakta hai ....!!!

------------------

Comment

NY AHMADI AAP NIHAYAAT FAZOOL MAZZAAQ AUR HARKAAT KAR RAHE HAIN ALLAH AAPKO HADAIYAAT DEY(ameen).DEEN AUR FIQAAH KI BATEIN KOI MAZZAAQ NAHIN HOTIN :::JUST BE SERIOUSE !!!!
                              AAP SE TO KHER BAAT KARNA HI FUZOOL HAI
                              ALLAH HAFIZ AUR ALLAH AAPKO HADAIYAT ATTA FARMAYE AIK CHEEZ BATAATA JAAOUN KEH AAP APNI HARKAAT SE WESSE HI NA MUSALMAAN LAGTEY HAIN NA HINDU ;::::AAP KE AISSE BEHOODA MAZAAQ AAP KI MUNAFIQAT KA SUBOOT DE RAHE AHIN AUR AAP JAISSE HI LOGON KE MUTALIQ HAI
                              Quraan-e-pak mein keh " WO Goongey behre aur andhey haiN"

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tassneef (edited June 25, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                              X