Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Love' in Islam

Salaam Brothers and Sisters

I'm not talking about love for the Prophet(pbuh) or for your Mother or Father. I'm talking about the other kind of love. Excuse me if my post is in the wrong section.

I know that, to some, the word 'love' implies confused feelings mixed with shallow ideas and Western philosophies.

But to others, it is something much more serious and profound to the extent that some would 'sacrifice' their lives (or the greater good) in the name of 'love'.

I'm slightly confused because such 'love' i ca'nt find refered to in any hadith or translations of the Qur'an.

Is this because it really is a Western idea-'falling in love'...? Is it a brainwashing philosophy to draw people away from the right path? It seems that the word is used so casually nowadays.

maybe i haven't looked hard enough...? I would appreciate if anyone had any sources.

I apologize if my post is a little confusing magr i am confused

Jazak'Allah Khair

Note from Moderator: In future, when you make reference to the Qur'aan, please do not paraphrase unless it is supported by the actual verse.

Sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited June 21, 2002).]

Comment

A wife is regarded as a source of love, peace and compassion, as stated in the Quran:

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them , and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect." (Ar-Rum 30:21)

Comment

Working...
      X