X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Assalamualaikum,
    Need help with refferences please,
    How homosexuality is wrong in Islam when science (so far) says it is a completely genetical problem or disorder in humans. They are helpless, they do not feel comfortable with the opposit gender. All modern and educated people say they "gays and lesbians"are ok. it is ok to be like that if they are really helpless can't stand opposit gender, Are they guilty for their feelings ? where Holy Qur'an says that gays are not acceptable in society? were there any gays and lesbians in the period of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him ? please reply seriously.
    thanks in advance.
    AllahHafiz

when science (so far) says it is a completely genetical problem or disorder in humans.

I'm well acquainted with the genetic and brain disorder theories about gays and lesbians. And we can have an entire discussion on the evidence in science for and against the biological nature of homosexuality.

You are wrong. The bio theory on homosexuality has not been proven yet. If you have a source from where you feel that it is undoubtedly proved, then please share it with us. I doubt you'll be able to find one.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Dear Friend PiyariC,
      I know all religions like Islam,Judism, and christianity reject it but APA American Psychlogical Assosiation and some of the studies show that this is a genetical, social and psychological issue and they use to make changes in their gender after councelling and treatments under their doctors. anyway my main question was...? where Holy Qur'an says that gays are not acceptable in society? were there any gays and lesbians in the period of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him ? if you know about this i shall be greatfull.
      p.s I beileve science is too far from religion but still there are millions who follow science and they have no religion by birth what should they do if they are born in a agnistic or eitheist family?

Comment

I am not sure if there exists any EXPLICIT command to not commit "homosexuality", but if you read Quran Chapter 7, verses 80 and onwards you'll learn why the nation of Lut (AH) was destroyed, because that nation transgressed limits, they practiced lusts on men.

here

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited June 20, 2002).]

Comment

We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" But We saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who lagged behind. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime! (The Holy Quran, 7:80-84)

In Islam punishment is for the act, not the feelings, Allah isn't gonna burn us in hell just for being attracted to other guys.

Allah does not hold us responsible for our bad thoughts as long as we don't act on them.

There is more to life than sex, celibacy is the best option for a gay person untill they become stright...

May Allah spare us from His wrath and Let us be among those to whom He has favored and not among those who have gone astray. Ameen.

Comment

Here's a yahoo group for muslims/muslimahs struggling against homosexual tendencies...

Al-Tawbah

Comment

Originally posted by wax:
              ....when science (so far) says it is a completely genetical problem or disorder in humans. They are helpless, they do not feel comfortable with the opposit gender. All modern and educated people say they "gays and lesbians"are ok. .....
              As already pointed out, this science is a kid, not mature yet. Have they completely discovered "genetic code"? What if something has remained uncovered? Its their opinion.
              Homosexual people are not "helpless".

Who are "modern" and "educated" people? Perhaps you should say 'believers in mostly science', or something along that line. Not "modern", or "educated", because there is a whole other "modern" and "educated" part of society which condemns homosexuality, who think homosexuality is "out of norm", "sick behavior" etc.

------------------
              May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

I have usually read people claim that science supports the homosexual life style, but have yet to see an article which states how?!

If there is one, please let me know.
                I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                X