JazakAllah Khair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JazakAllah Khair

I have a question, I have never heard this word, Jazakal Khair in Pakistan. Not even among Pakistanis here in the U.S. so why is not such a commonly used word here in GS?

------------------
    You can only paint with the colors you're given...
    ...so get what you like and like what you have.

[This message has been edited by pakistan99 (edited June 17, 2002).]

The word Jazakallah is used in pakistan, atleast in my family. I was taught to say it when someone gave me water.

Though when i came to the US i was told that Jazakallah itself doesnt mean much, that you have to put Khair infront of it to make it mean something(im getting may allah have rehmat on you?) or that you could even put Shar if u wish someone bad(ive never said that though )...

Can anyone enlighten me on the meaning of Jazakallah Khair ?

Comment

may Allah give u a good reward....
      (the actual phrase is in Arabic)

------------------
      "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

JazakAllah Khair

Comment

Asalamu Alykum,

Its also used to show you are thankful and only allah(swt) is worthy of rewarding that particular person.
          JazakumAllahu Khair

Comment

Jazak'Allahu Khaiy'run

------------------
            'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
            My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
            "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
            [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Working...
            X