X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking God- - Is Christ your son?

Ibrahim says: Greetings of peace to one and all

Dear all,

Lets continue “Asking God” continued after Who is Mary (pbuh)? was answered by God.

And after asking, How did Mary (pbuh) conceive her son? was answered by God.

My Lord , I have more questions, thou art the most Merciful and knower of all, I have more questions, can I know....

So Mary was the mother of Eesa ( fabricated to Jesus by Christians in the Bible) but I could not understand from the story in the Final Book as to who the father was.

1) Is it you God? (Please forgive me for asking)

2) Is Eesa the Christ (Jesus) really Your son as the Christians say?

The Creator said:

19: 34 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth about which they (vainly) dispute.

35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter He only says to it "Be" and it is.

4:171 O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Apostle of Allah and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him: (for Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

5:73 They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy) verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.
    O Lord! thank you, may you protect those who submit to you, from those who blaspheme your Name by claiming you had a son through one of your favored creations .

Indeed thou have no need for a son and misguided are those who will make such a claim.

Disclaimer : Actual word used by the Creator as his true and proper name is Allah in all original scriptures , ( not God as is refer to in this post for convenience ) Eesa (or spelt Esa , Isa, Issa) is the true name of Christ and Mariam is the true name of the Mother of Christ.

Ibrahim says : If you have questions with this regards, you are welcome.

Perhaps the purpose would be best served by trying to disprove Trinity using the christians own scriptures ?

Us muslims know and have always known that Jesus is just an Apostle of Allah, and not his son...but the reason why we are muslims and the others non muslims is because they donot believe in the word of Allah.

Anyways keep up the good work brother.

Jazakallah Khair

Comment

I think this may shed some light on the subject from a christian point of view no offense to anyone.
      http://www.bible.com/jesus/mercy.html

Comment

Perhaps the purpose would be best served by trying to disprove Trinity using the christians own scriptures ?
        Ibrahim says: Salaams to all

Dear Manic, indeed Jazak Allahu khair for the advice. I think maybe after this “Asking God” series is over on this topic, Insha Allah I will have to start “Asking the Bible” series, which could look solely at the Bible and what it says and cross link it to “Asking God” series .

Only problem I feel guilty making too many posts on this forum and wish others will post instead of me.

On the other hand I was hoping some of our Christian brothers and sisters on this forum will try to refute the above message from God, which seems difficult for Christians to do directly. Even the Pope seems to play hide and seek when it comes to open direct discussions based on scripture.
        The problem here is without discussion, each can claim you go your way and I will go mine , which is the approved way . Yet one must be willing to look at both sides and I welcome discussions based on facts.

Well, thanks for the suggestion.

Was salaam
        Ibrahim

The debt we have to pay for the gift of life is for us to recognize the purpose of our existence

Comment

I think this may shed some light on the subject from a christian point of view no offense to anyone. http://www.bible.com/jesus/mercy.html

Dear Just2much,

Thank you for the link and offence why would there be?, when the forum is meant for exploring religions and its beliefs, right? I think everyone knows what the Christian point of view is concerning Christ, but are they willing to discuss it?

Maybe you can email the author and ask him/her to visit this thread for a friendly discussion based on facts ?

Regards
          Ibrahim

we have billions of brain cells they ask only for directions

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim:
            Disclaimer : Actual word used by the Creator as his true and proper name is Allah in all original scriptures , ( not God as is refer to in this post for convenience )
            What exactly qualifies as "original" scriptures? As far as i know, except for semitic religions, no other religions call their God(s) anything close to "Allah".

Even assuming for a moment that these are people who have forgotten what was revealed to them by prophets in their own part of the world, one would assume that the last thing anyone would mess around with would be God's own name. How do you explain this?

Would appreciate it if you could give a short and clear answer without any name calling.
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Ibrahim said: I think maybe after this “Asking God” series is over on this topic, Insha Allah I will have to start “Asking the Bible” series, which could look solely at the Bible and what it says and cross link it to “Asking God” series.
              You want to start such a series even though it has been proven time and again that you can only do misquoting/misrepresentation from the Bible?

Ibrahim said: On the other hand I was hoping some of our Christian brothers and sisters on this forum will try to refute the above message from God, which seems difficult for Christians to do directly.
              I have too much respect for my Muslim friends on this forum to start "dishing" their religion. Anyway, by just reading all the comments, I continue to learn about your religion.

Keep the series going, dear Ibrahim.

[This message has been edited by The Old Man (edited June 15, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Man:
                You want to start such a series even though it has been proven time and again that you can only do misquoting/misrepresentation from the Bible?
                Ibrahim says : greetings of peace to one and all

Dear Old man. You keep disappearing whenever I refute your claims, yet you say you have proven? O Lord, when will people learn to be honest!

Regards
                Ibrahim

Comment

Dear Queer, even though you claim you are Indian, you seem to be lacking knowledge about Hinduism . if you want to talk about Hinduism, kindly go here http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/003320.html and try to deny them. So that you will understand what is original scripture

Regards
                  Ibrahim

Comment

Originally posted by queer:
                    What exactly qualifies as "original" scriptures? As far as i know, except for semitic religions, no other religions call their God(s) anything close to "Allah".

The Arabic word for God is ILLAH. The word Allah means the only God.

Comment

I believe the word Allah is pure Arabic and not Semitic.

Comment

Ibrahim,

i'm sorry, but you might want to take a look at what exactly i had asked here. your post couldnt sound more out of place. here is a hint that might help: i asked for a clear answer.

google,

what i meant was, arabic itself belongs to the semitic family of languages, and other semitic languages have words similar to "Allah" for God.
                        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Ibrahim,

i'm sorry, but you might want to take a look at what exactly i had asked here. your post couldnt sound more out of place. here is a hint that might help: i asked for a clear answer.

google,

what i meant was, arabic itself belongs to the semitic family of languages, and other semitic languages have words similar to "Allah" for God.
                          Queer brother sorry to butt in, but it is more likely that the Sun will rise in the West tomorrow than that Ibrahim will post something that makes sense.
                          In that sense it is immaterial what trhe alleged 'topic' of the thread is!!
                          So you wasted your time typing that message.

Comment

i asked for a clear answer.
                            Ibrahim says: Go here for CLEAR answer http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/003320.html

Comment

Ibrahim,

google,

queer
                              If you are asking about other Semitic language (eg Hebrew), I believe they use a different word for Allah.
                              And there is no reason to believe otherwise.

------------------
                              Sooner or later we all stand before God in judgment -- are you going to be in "smoking" or "nonsmoking"?

Comment

Working...
                              X