Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wearing make-up during Namaz

SALAAM brothers and sisters!
    i have a question which i hope someone can answer for me.
    if read one Namaz and then apply make up and then read another Namaz do you have to take your make up off?
    i heard you have to remove lipstick but nothing else.
    can anyone expand on this?
    thank you
    WASSALAAM

As you know, one of the conditions for prayer is wadoo (ablution).

If the make-up during wadoo prevents water from reaching the skin (e.g. lipstick, nail polish etc.) or other parts of the body that need to be washed, then yes, the make-up must be removed before the ablution.

Sentinel.

Comment

God is not looking at your physical appearance but that of your heart!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Asalamu Alykum Wa rhamatuAllah,

As sentinal said that Wudu( Ablution) is one of the requirements for Salah. However after wudu for example you can put your eyeliner on and nailpolish or whatever, it does no nullify the wudu. However if your wudu breaks than you have wash everthing up.
        When Ali ibn Husain used to perform wudu, his color would change. His family asked him why this happened to him every time he performed ablution, and he said, "Do you know before Whom I am about to stand (in prayer)?"
        SubhanAllah soo deep.

Comment

if read one Namaz and then apply make up and then read another Namaz do you have to take your make up off?

Makeup does not nullify your wuddhu.

Comment

I'm not sure but I think If all the ingredients in the make up are paak and it was applied after wudhu then i don't think there's anything wrong with it...

Allah Ta'ala knows best...

------------------
            ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻝﻮﺳ ﺮﻟﺍ ﺪﻤﺤﻣ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻪﻟﺍ ﻻ
            La Ilaha Illallah Muhammadur Rasoolullah

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel:
                As you know, one of the conditions for prayer is wadoo (ablution).

If the make-up during wadoo prevents water from reaching the skin (e.g. lipstick, nail polish etc.) or other parts of the body that need to be washed, then yes, the make-up must be removed before the ablution.

Sentinel.

Agreed
                Even while you are fasting you should'nt have make-up on. Thats what i know Correct me if i am wrong guys (and give references too )
                Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                  Ibrahim says greetings of peace to one and all

Dear Ahmadjee
                  You keep talking according to your whims and fancies and as always end up misguiding people as you have ended up misguiding yourself. . Now you are an ahmedi, as such for you God exists and he may be only looking at the heart for you, but for Muslims only Allah (swt) exist and God, Gods, Goddesses are all only for the misguided. And in Islam Allah (swt) looks at everything

Now this is what Islam teaches

7:31 O children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: but waste not by excess for Allah loveth not the wasters.

Ibrahim says: so even how you dress when you approach your prayer is considered by Allah (swt)

Read again

5: 6 O ye who believe! when ye prepare for prayer wash your faces and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. If ye are in a state of ceremonial impurity bathe your whole body. But if ye are ill or on a journey or one of you cometh from offices of nature or ye have been in contact with women and ye find no water then take for yourselves clean sand or earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty but to make you clean and to complete His favor to you that ye may be grateful

Ibrahim says: hence even when there is no water, Muslims are taught to use “clean sand” even to ensure that they have cleaned themselves before approaching prayer.

Thus cleanliness is next to Godliness, did not come from the ignorant.

Now lets read:

4:43 O ye who believe! approach not prayers with a mind befogged until ye can understand all that ye say nor in a state of ceremonial impurity (except when travelling on the road) until after washing your whole body if ye are ill or on a journey or one of you cometh from offices of nature or ye have been in contact with women and ye find no water then take for yourselves clean sand or earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again

Ibrahim says: Thus in Islam the place of prayer, your dress, cleanliness of body your cleanliness of mind and heart are all a requirement .

Just so that you will understand things better, find out what cosmetics are made of , these days. They may contain Glycerin form animals , Urea from human Urine , Alcohol, hormones from discarded human placenta and Dead human fetuses ;

Urea. Carbamide.

Excreted from urine and other bodily fluids. In deodorants, ammoniated dentifrices, mouthwashes, hair colorings, hand creams, lotions, shampoos, etc. Used to "brown" baked goods, such as pretzels. Derivatives: Imidazolidinyl Urea, Uric Acid. Alternatives: synthetics.

Placenta. Placenta Polypeptides Protein. Afterbirth.

Contains waste matter eliminated by the fetus. Derived from the uterus of slaughtered animals. Animal placenta is widely used in skin creams, shampoos, masks, etc.Alternatives: kelp. (See alternatives to Animal Fats and Oils.)

Musk (Oil).

Dried secretion painfully obtained from musk deer, beaver, muskrat, civet cat, and otter genitals. Wild cats are kept captive in cages in horrible conditions and are whipped around the genitals to produce the scent; beavers are trapped; deer are shot. In perfumes and in food flavorings. Alternatives: labdanum oil (which comes from various rockrose shrubs) and other plants with a musky scent. Labdanum oil has no known

Glycerin. Glycerol.

A byproduct of soap manufacture (normally uses animal fat). In cosmetics, foods, mouthwashes, chewing gum, toothpastes, soaps, ointments, medicines, lubricants, transmission and brake fluid, and plastics. Derivatives: Glycerides, Glyceryls, Glycreth-26, Polyglycerol. Alternatives: vegetable glycerin—a byproduct of vegetable oil soap. Derivatives of seaweed, petroleum.

Tyrosine.

Amino acid hydrolyzed from casein. Used in cosmetics and creams. Derivative: Glucose Tyrosinase.

Tallow. Tallow Fatty Alcohol. Stearic Acid.

Rendered beef fat. May cause eczema and blackheads. In wax paper, crayons, margarines, paints, rubber, lubricants, etc. In candles, soaps, lipsticks, shaving creams, other cosmetics. Chemicals (e.g., PCB) can be in animal tallow. Derivatives: Sodium Tallowate, Tallow Acid, Tallow Amide, Tallow Amine, Talloweth-6, Tallow Glycerides, Tallow Imidazoline. Alternatives: vegetable tallow, Japan tallow, paraffin and/or ceresin (see alternatives to Beeswax for all three). Paraffin is usually from petroleum, wood, coal, or shale oil.

Steroids. Sterols.

From various animal glands or from plant tissues. Steroids include sterols. Sterols are alcohol from animals or plants (e.g., cholesterol). Used in hormone preparation. In creams, lotions, hair conditioners, fragrances, etc. Alternatives: plant tissues, synthetics.

Lard.

Fat from hog abdomens. In shaving creams, soaps, cosmetics. In baked goods, French fries, refried beans, and many other foods. Alternatives: pure vegetable fats or oils.

Mink Oil.

From minks. In cosmetics, creams, etc. Alternatives: vegetable oils and emollients such as avocado oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil.

Go here for a list of animal products that we consume or use without knowledge. http://www.peta.org/mc/facts/fsm16.html

Hope that helps

Ibrahim

we have billions of brain cells they ask only for directions

Comment

Jazak'Allahu Khaiy'run akhee Ibrahim

------------------
                    'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
                    My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
                    "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
                    [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

SALAAM
                      thank you for your comments.
                      i notices Ibrahim sed Ahmedjee is an Ahmedi, but does this change the teachings?
                      thank Ibrahim for your informative reply, thank!

Comment

Working...
                      X