• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mullah Omar

heres a biography posted on another board::

[SIZE=3]MULLA MUHAMMAD UMAR[/SIZE]

FAMILY BACKGROUND AND BIRTH

Ameer-ul-Mumineen Mulla Muhammad Umar Mujahid belongs to a respected family of religious scholars. His family is renown for the religious services offered by it for centuries. His full name is Muhammad Umar Mujahid bin Maulwi Ghulam Nabi Akhwand bin Mulla Muhammad Rasool Akhwand bin Mulla Muhammad Ayaz Akhwand. He belongs to a well-known branch of the Hootak tribe, which has been living in Kandahar for about a hundred years. Mulla Muhammad Omar was born in 1960 in the 'Noori' village in Kandahar Province. Kandahar used to be the capital of the Indo-Subcontinent when it was justly ruled by the great Afghan Mujahid conqueror, Ahmad Shah Abdali. Mulla Umar's father, Maulwai Ghulam Nabi, was a religious scholar and the Imam at a mosque in Noori. His predecessors lived in the province of Zabul, in the districts of Shakay and Beirut, where, even today, a water stream is remembered by the name of one of Mulla Umar's respected elders. Mulla Umar's family has produced religious scholars in every generation, who have rendered countless services to Islam for centuries. His family is well known to have a great fervour for Islam. Almost all of his predecessors have been religious scholars, rendering religious services in the southern provinces of Kandahar, Zabul and Uruzgan. The people of Afghanistan have consulted his elders for centuries, seeking guidance on religious, economical and social issues.

ISLAMIC EDUCATION

Mulla Umar received primary education from his benign guardian, loving stepfather and generous uncle, Maulwi Muhammad Anwar, who was a religious scholar and Imam at a mosque in the Beirut district of the Uruzgan province where he taught a mass of religious students. Other than his under his uncle, he studied the Quran, Hadith and Fiqh from many accomplished scholars whose names are not available. For a period he also remained a student of his other uncle, Mulla Muhammad Jumma Akhwand.

FAMILY HOUSE, LAND AND ESTATE

Mulla Muhammad Umar's family, a family of tribal scholars, never went after the attractions of this world. Instead they chose to devout their lives for the propagation of Islam and the imparting of religious knowledge. Their lives are a living symbol of patience and gratefulness towards Allah (SWT). Upholding the name of Islam and following its laws staunchly were goals superior to all worldly gains. Wealth and material possessions were never able to weaken their resolve. It was due to this disregard for the luxuries and life of this world that neither Mulla Umar nor any of his uncles own any houses, land or estates.

INJURIES SUSTAINED IN URUZGAN DURING JIHAD

At the onset of the Jihad against the Communists and the Russians, he was fighting the enemies of Allah (SWT) in the Beirut district of Uruzgan Province. It was whilst he was wrecking the ranks of the disbelieving invaders that he sustained serious injuries on two occasions. The first time was when his leg was badly inured by rocket shrapnel and the second time was when he came under intense machinegun fire, which left his body riddled with bullets. He received medical treatment for the extreme wounds inflicted on his body, which, though they wounded his body, never scratched his incessant will to wage Jihad against the forces of Satan. Soon, by the grace of Allah (SWT), he regained his health and was back in the battlefield to devastate the enemies of Allah (SWT).
    His valour and gallantry filled the enemies with terror and his ceaseless attacks on the Communists raised alarm. His experienced and perceptive uncle anticipated the designs and conspiracies of the Communists and advised him to move the centre of his guerrilla operations to the South-Western district of Panjwai. Another reason for selecting this area was that the Kandahar-Herat highway passed through this district, which was a crucial supply line for the Communists. This busy road was an excellent target for guerrilla activities, so Mulla Umar moved his unit of Mujahideen to Panjwai. His excellence as a leader, competence as a tactician and unmatched fearlessness made him emerge as an exemplary guerrilla commander. His fellow Mujahideen admired him for his humble ways, good manners and virtuosity, whereas the oppressed Afghans adored him for being an honest and generous man. On the other hand, his presence was a nightmare for the Communists and the Russians. He paid occasional visits to his parents in Uruzgan during this period of Jihad.

POST-COMMUNIST ERA

With the passage of time, the post Communist era in Afghanistan saw even more destruction and oppression perpetrated by the so-called Mujahideen leaders. As the situation of law and order deteriorated, and the honour and property of the common man became even more insecure, the Afghans became dismayed with the power hungry commanders. Most of these commanders were Communists who had infiltrated the ranks of the Mujahideen to take advantage of their success. It was the survival of the fittest and the weak had no one to turn to for justice. The honour and chastity of women was neither safe inside their homes nor outside. Sick women were abducted from hospitals, never to be seen again. Parents smuggled their young sons to Pakistan just to save them from the paedophile commanders. The Governor of Kandahar, Gul Agha, married a boy in a well-set and publicised wedding. After every few kilometres was a commander's check post set up to dispossess the people of their livelihood and honour. Robbery and looting was commonplace. Human life became so cheap that people were killed on minor issues. Homes and businesses were ransacked and burned down. Allah (SWT) earth's was ravaged and plundered; there was no peace and all hopes of tranquillity were at an end. Then it seemed the blood of the Martyrs and the fruits of Jihad were going to be lost.
    The following account was received from a reliable source and it unveils the Satanic face of the post Russian era commanders in Afghanistan:
    A man was travelling in the province of Kandahar when he was stopped at a looting point set up by a Communist commander. When the poor man was harassed for money, he asked the commander's men why they were looting him and if Allah (SWT) and His Prophet, Muhammad (SAWS), had permitted them to do so. They said they would ask Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW). He was taken inside the check post and one of the harassers addressed a satanic clean-shaven man as Allah (SWT) and asked if he had given him permission to loot the poor man. The man replied yes. Then another ugly clean-shaven man was addressed as the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), who also granted their claim. Then the commander's men told the unfortunate man to hand over his money as he had witnessed Allah (SWT) and the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) affirm their demand.

STARTING THE TALIBAN ISLAMIC MOVEMENT

Mulla Muhammad Umar's heart bled as he saw the misery of the Afghans. It was unbearable for him to sit in his mosque and teach while the land of Jihad was transformed into a living hell for his people. Islam was kicked aside by the commanders and the sanctity of Muslims were torn. Afghanistan was burning and the West warmed hands over it.
    It was in 1993-94; at the age of 33, that Mulla Muhammad Umar Mujahid, with a group of around 15-30 religious students started the Tehreek-al-Islami-at- Taliban (the Taliban Islamic Movement). They attacked the local commanders' check posts in Kandahar and after securing them, took the border town of Spin Boldak in an amazing operation. After securing the area in and around Kandahar, they implemented the Shariah Laws and chased the Communists out of the province. More students joined them and the people welcomed the Taliban everywhere they went. Soon the oppressed people of other provinces invited them and the Taliban answered to their requests. One after the other, the Taliban took over the provinces of Afghanistan and by implementing Shariah, restored peace and order.
    In 1996, the Taliban took over Kabul and Mulla Muhammad Umar was unanimously accepted as the 'Ameer-ul-Mumineen' (the Leader of the Believers) of Afghanistan. Thus the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan came into existence.

CONCLUDING GLIMPSE OF HIS CHARACTER

Once a delegation of guest came to visit Mulla Umar. Fresh bread, cream, tea and other delicacies were brought for the guests and they all began to eat heartily. All except Mulla Umar that is. He refused to touch the cream or the bread. His guests ushered him to eat with them but he refused. His advisors also urged him to eat with the guests, indicating that there was nothing wrong with him eating this food since it had not been brought especially for him; it was brought for the guests and he was the host. He still refused. A few moments later, a worker brought in a bowl of plain soup together with some hard, stale bread. Mulla Umar proceeded to break the hard bread with his hands and eat it with the soup. Upon being asked the reasons for his refusal to eat the cream, Mulla Umar said: "When the lowest person in my country eats this food, then I will eat it."

if i have to compare all the leaders of the world with this great person.i wud say ameer ul momeneeb muhammad omer mujahid is the greatest of them all .even khomeini cant reach him.
    a person who gives his well established goverment for the sake of a fellow muslim which he couldve prevented by giving up the worlds most wanted .
    a person who can give an eye a leg a son step father in way of islam and still people call him a unsuccesfull leader .he might be unsuccesfful but inshalla he has acheived what no other muslim country did and Allah will reward him inshalla.

thanx for posting the article majid .

Comment

I want to know who are the momaneen of whom he is the ameer of? Thank you!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Mullah Omer being praised !

I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
          I want to know who are the momaneen of whom he is the ameer of? Thank you!
          momaneen who were openly video taped beating the life out of women acting as judge/jury both !!

momaneen in the govt who banned it for general farmer to grow weed and were doing it themselves at a govt level to make money

momaneen who somehow thought it was ok to kill innocent ppl and call it islam

momaneen who prohibited schooling for girls over the age of eight, shut down the women's university, and forced women to quit their jobs

momaneen who restricted access to medical care for women !!!

the list goes on my friend..

------------------
          Don't love everybody--specialize.. ;-)

Comment

exactly yankee

he's what I would call a "mullah" and his practices would fall under "mullahism"
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

mullahism again..hehe
              I dunno abt if he sudn't b praised or not...but he rejected Osama's proposal for his daughter.....

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:
                exactly yankee

he's what I would call a "mullah" and his practices would fall under "mullahism"
                i think being a mullah is a very respectable thing only if you follow the right path.. i disagree that he is a 'mullah' at all and what he does can be called mullahism.. but i do agree that he gives it a bad name..

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by fakeer:
                  if i have to compare all the leaders of the world with this great person.i wud say ameer ul momeneeb muhammad omer mujahid is the greatest of them all .even khomeini cant reach him.
                  a person who gives his well established goverment for the sake of a fellow muslim which he couldve prevented by giving up the worlds most wanted .
                  a person who can give an eye a leg a son step father in way of islam and still people call him a unsuccesfull leader .he might be unsuccesfful but inshalla he has acheived what no other muslim country did and Allah will reward him inshalla.
                  thanx for posting the article majid .
                  Comparing Mullah Omar to khoemeini is exaggeration.

[This message has been edited by google (edited June 15, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee:
                    momaneen who were openly video taped beating the life out of women acting as judge/jury both !!

momaneen in the govt who banned it for general farmer to grow weed and were doing it themselves at a govt level to make money

momaneen who somehow thought it was ok to kill innocent ppl and call it islam

momaneen who prohibited schooling for girls over the age of eight, shut down the women's university, and forced women to quit their jobs

momaneen who restricted access to medical care for women !!!

the list goes on my friend..

no criminal allows anyone to video tape his crime....

u ppl still dont have brains to distinguish between real and fabricated material!!!!

pyaricgudia
                    perhaps praising the pope wud please u....

or praising sharon, the butcher of beirut....
                    or maybe bush, who ordered the killing of millions of muslims worldwide....

------------------
                    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

There is no way a one eyed thug should be allowed to call himself "Ameer-ul-Momineen"... did an angel come down and tell him that it was right to do so? I think not.

------------------
                      You can only paint with the colors you're given...
                      ...so get what you like and like what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by fakeer:
                        Funny. Illiterate militia leader being compared to Imam Khomeini.

And yes Allah will reward him, just like he will do with those 19 hijackers and OBL. Heck, Allah even created a frequent fyler program for people who would be traveling alot, all inside hell.

------------------
                        You can only paint with the colors you're given...
                        ...so get what you like and like what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
                          no criminal allows anyone to video tape his crime....

u ppl still dont have brains to distinguish between real and fabricated material!!!!

Thank God for you having all the brains.. !!! for God sake open up ur eyes, look around and realize how your religion has been hijacked by the so called muslims.. and if that does not do it for you go talk to the families of 11 MUSLIMS who died in karachi yesterday.. i am sure those 11 lives were completely responsible for whats going on in palestine and what happened in afghanistan.. otherwise your great muslims leaders/organizations wouldnt have killed them.. what is it gonna take for us to see the truth.. if someone you know would have died in it would you still back this extremism.. are we waiting for that ???

------------------

Comment

ok, Mullah Omar was responsible for the karachi attacks....

now that is news to me....

Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
                              ok, Mullah Omar was responsible for the karachi attacks....

now that is news to me....

the so called organization 'Al Qanoon' claimed responsibility for the attacks .. they said they hate america and pakistan for helping america in the war against terrororism.. they also said how they will arrange more attacks in future.. oh and ofcourse THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR ISLAM.. go cheer for Al Qaeda and the great Ameer Mullah Omar some more.. u feed one u feed them all my friend.. even the monkey man bush said it today.. "They are killing muslims for islam now".. with a stupid look on his face.. and you can imagine when he thinks its stupid it has to be a pretty darn dumb thing..

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X