X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldLahori
    replied
    Originally posted by Zakk:
    I would like to discuss some of the issues brought up in that article and I need specific information for my arguments.

One repeated argument is that Prophet Muhammad(sm), married and consummated his marraige with Hazrat Ayesha when she was 9 years old, (toba astagfirullah)

The next argument is about slavery, and Prophet Muhammad (sm) taking Hazrat Mariam(?) as a slave, and how Islam allows slavery and keeping of women without nikkah.

These are the arguments that we are hearing today and accurate and detailed answers, are important so we do not allow these people to tarnish our religions reputation.
    Zakk: take a look at some of the sites that I posted under: http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/005317.html

Leave a comment:

• Zakk
    replied
    I would like to discuss some of the issues brought up in that article and I need specific information for my arguments.

One repeated argument is that Prophet Muhammad(sm), married and consummated his marraige with Hazrat Ayesha when she was 9 years old, (toba astagfirullah)

The next argument is about slavery, and Prophet Muhammad (sm) taking Hazrat Mariam(?) as a slave, and how Islam allows slavery and keeping of women without nikkah.

These are the arguments that we are hearing today and accurate and detailed answers, are important so we do not allow these people to tarnish our religions reputation.

Leave a comment:

• OldLahori
    replied
    They are well known for their idiocy. Every side has their share of jacka$$e$, but this is truly beyond the pale of any sense.

Leave a comment:

• ahmadjee
    replied
    Originally posted by bcsm57:
    That statement is really mild compared to some of the things I have heared said, and to make it even sicker, in the name of God.
    Very true!

They are also very cruel to Jews, Catholics and other faiths. Their notions are not very different from the 'narrow minded' people in other religions.

Leave a comment:

• Sadiaa
    replied
    Nadia_H: Thanks for sharing the article.

Got nothing else or nice to say...

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Leave a comment:

• bcsm57
    replied
    I read his comments and as a former member of the Southern Baptist church I am not surprised. The best thing to do with ignorant comments like this is to ignore them, and consider the source.
    This kind of thinking is why I stopped going. That statement is really mild compared to some of the things I have heared said, and to make it even sicker, in the name of God.
    Brenda

------------------
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!!

Leave a comment:

• andha_qanoon
    replied
    Shame on Jerry Vines , but more importantly shame on those people who use our religion's
    name into their senseless terrorist activities.

Leave a comment:

• ahmadjee
    replied
    There funny things about it all is that the Southern Baptists in some *symbolic* beliefs are very much close to that of the Muslims of these days.

For instance, they don't drink (or not suppose to anyway), do not gamble, dancing is considered sin, even playing pool is a Satanic according to some ... and even go as far to tell their women to not wear shorts while going to church etc.

Secondly, the best answer to give them is from their own belief of Jesus!

Living in the Bible belt of the US, I face one of their evangelists every other day.

Leave a comment:

• Nadia_H
    started a topic Southern Baptist leader won't reject slurs on Islam

Southern Baptist leader won't reject slurs on Islam

I don't know what to say. Everything below is .... disgusting. I didn't want to include the comments in the post. Anyone is free to follow the link and read for yourself. **For each religious leader like this individual, there are ten other nonMuslim religious officials who believe the opposite.**

Key thing here is advocacy and public relations. I know a few Guppies like Munni are Masha'Allah working with organizations like CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations); more sisters and brothers - and especially myself - need to step up this fight for Islam. Let this be one of our jihads.

Southern Baptist leader won't reject slurs on Islam, CNN, June 12, 2002

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (AP) - The new head of the Southern Baptist Convention has rejected calls to repudiate what a Muslim group is calling "bigoted" and "hate-filled" statements made by one of its pastors.

The Rev. Jack Graham, elected the convention's president on Tuesday, said the Rev. Jerry Vines' comments about Islam were "accurate."

Vines, a former convention president, told conventioners at a pastors' conference Monday that many of this country's problems can be blamed on religious pluralism. Pluralists "would have us to believe that Islam is just as good as Christianity, but I'm here to tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that Islam is not just as good as Christianity," Vines, pastor of First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, Florida, told several thousand delegates at the gathering in St. Louis.

"Islam was founded by........ And I will tell you Allah is not Jehovah either. Jehovah's not going to turn you into a terrorist that'll try to bomb people and take the lives of thousands and thousands of people."

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, said the comments were outrageous.

"It's really unfortunate that a top leader in a mainstream Christian church ... would use such hate-filled and bigoted language in describing the faith of one-fifth of the world's population," Hooper said Tuesday. "This is the level of bigotry that requires a clear statement from the top leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention."

Graham, of Plano, Texas, said Vines' statement "is an accurate statement" and that he would not condemn his colleague.

"I will not respond to Dr. Vines' statement, other than to say that anyone who follows any path who wants to go to heaven should look carefully at who they're following and what they believe," he told reporters.

William Merrell, a spokesman for the SBC executive committee, said the comments were made outside the actual meeting, and that it was not the SBC's place to comment.

Ingrid Mattson, vice president of the Islamic Society of North America and a professor of Islamic studies at Hartford Seminary in Connecticut, called the comments "medieval." She said statements like this from such high-placed religious leaders can lead to violence against Muslims.

"It makes me wonder what's the hateful religion right now that we should be worried about," she said.

------------------
    Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest ~ Quran XIII.28

[This message has been edited by Nadia_H (edited June 13, 2002).]
Working...
X