How many Female Guppies here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Female Guppies here....

Are there any female Guppies on this board who are in a polygamous marriage?

I mean Polygamy in Islam has been discussed to death on this forum, but I don't ever remember a female Guppie giving her personal experiences.

Atleast do you guys know of any women who are in such situations?

Ever The Curious Brahmin

Andhra1!!!

Originally posted by Andhra1:
    Ever The Curious Brahmin

Andhra1!!!
    .. and why this blinking !!! u want to make fun of others beliefs and if not u wanna learn stop acting like an idiot..

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Well, I know this guy thru a friend of mine. This guy lives in a building in my neighborhood which is 90 percent Muslim.
      He has four wives, for whom he rents four seperate apartments. He spends a night with all of them, how he divides the time of four wives into 7 days is beyond me but he manages somehow. According to this friend of mine, the guy is very open about it and tells him he really enjoys his time with all four
      I also know a guy in from my village in Pakistan who also has three wives. His family is rich, so he can afford it. But he is a typical spoiled righ "kid"...

Comment

I know around 20 sisters who have one or more co-wivies, most of the sisters are American muslims (if it matters). As for me, i'm not married...but if he gives me all my rights, why should there be a problem??

Allahu Alim

------------------
        'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
        My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
        "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
        [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Yes my Phuppi is.

Why, Andhra, do you perceive a problem with that?

------------------
          Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest ~ Quran XIII.28

Comment

One of my uncles in Pakistan is maried to 2 women, his first wife couldn't have children so she kept naggin' him to take a second wife... Now he's happily married with 2 wives and 1 son from his second wife all living in the same house... He loves both his wives to bits...

These 2 ladies are like sisters to each other, there's always the odd cat fight now and then but overall they seem very happy...

I don't see anything wrong with polygamy if the wives have no problem with it, he can satisfy all of them sexually, love them all, treat them equally and support them financially...

In 7th century Arabia men could have as many wives as they wanted, 10, 20, 30, 50 etc.

Islam limited this to only 4 wives, even then if the man couldn't treat all of his wives equaly he is supposed to remain monogamous.

"If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two or three or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with them, then only one" (4:3).

[This message has been edited by Paki Prince (edited June 12, 2002).]

Comment

You got a problem with polygamy?

One of the reasons it's allowed in Islam is for the welfare of widows and orphans.

It's better than Sati (cremating widows with there dead husband) and not letting widows re-marry and dress in white for the rest of there lives like the hindus are supposed to do isn't it?

Look what your hinduism says about polygamy:

'Though Rama had married Sita to be the queen, he married many other wives for sexual pleasure in accordance with the royal customs. [(Ayodhya Kandam 8th Chapter, Page 28).

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra1:
                Stop the bluddy Akhiyaan maaring, it's driving me crazeyyy...

Comment

andhra did you ever notice indian god
                  "subramanya" with two wifes?

Comment

Originally posted by appkiamaanat:
                    As for me, i'm not married...but if he gives me all my rights, why should there be a problem??

Allahu Alim

Ditto!

------------------
                    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
                    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Lets not defend unjust practices just becuz some hindu decided to point them out.

Today, there is NO reason other than lust for a man to have 2 wives.

It ought to have been strictly limited from hundreds to 1 wife. But this loophole of 4 wives is meant to test the lust of men.
                      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
                        Well, I know this guy thru a friend of mine. This guy lives in a building in my neighborhood which is 90 percent Muslim.
                        He has four wives, for whom he rents four seperate apartments. He spends a night with all of them, how he divides the time of four wives into 7 days is beyond me but he manages somehow. According to this friend of mine, the guy is very open about it and tells him he really enjoys his time with all four
                        Is this in North America?

If so then he is also claiming them as girlfriends and not wives because polygamy is illegal and the man can go to jail!

Are there cases like this taking place in North America or the West where a muslim male has more than one wife but keeps it hidden as co-habitation with mistresses or girl-friends?

Comment

thought I'll share these articles with you ppl...

The Myth & Reality Of Polygamy

Polygamy

Polygamy In Islamic Law

Who Practices Polygamy

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:
                            Lets not defend unjust practices just becuz some hindu decided to point them out.

Today, there is NO reason other than lust for a man to have 2 wives.

It ought to have been strictly limited from hundreds to 1 wife. But this loophole of 4 wives is meant to test the lust of men.
                            Not following a certain guideline is one thing. All that shows is weakness of faith, which we all have in us to different extents.
                            However, to judge the authenticity, veracity or utility of anything that has been quoted in the Quran or Ahadees is simply wrong.

We dont have to stoop down so low as to malign and erroneously judge Islamic guidelines in order to justify our weakness of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                              However, to judge the authenticity, veracity or utility of anything that has been quoted in the Quran or Ahadees is simply wrong.

We dont have to stoop down so low as to malign and erroneously judge Islamic guidelines in order to justify our weakness of faith.
                              Agreed....

Comment

Working...
                              X