Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem/contradiction

Assalamualaikum Friends,
    I have been asked this question from a person. please expert's comments are required.

Carrying the chid, she came to her people, who said to her: "Mary, this
    is inded a strange thing! Sister of Aaron, your father was never a
    whore-monger, nor was your mother a harlot." (Quran 19:28)

Aaron (Haroon) was the brother of Moses (Musa). Although he had a
    sister
    named Mary (Mariam), it is not the same Mary as Jesus's mother!
    Similarly,
    the Quran says (3:33-36) that Imran is the father of both Moses and
    Aaron,
    and Imran's wife gave birth to Mary (mother of Jesus!). Everyone
    agrees
    that Moses was at the time the Jews were in Egypt. The Jews were in
    Egypt
    between 1500-1250 B.C.! And we all know that Jesus was born around 1
    A.D.
    After all, after Moses brought the Jews to Palestine (the Promised
    Land),
    there was so much Jewish history. David and Suleman and who not. But
    according to Quran sister of Moses and Aaron is Mary, who gave birth to
    Jesus. If you can find me some expert clarification on this, I would
    appreciate it. Otherwise, this looks like a very clear contradiction.

Please give some Authentic refferences.

[quote]Originally posted by insaan786:
    Carrying the chid, she came to her people, who said to her: "Mary, this is inded a strange thing! Sister of Aaron, your father was never a whore-monger, nor was your mother a harlot." (Quran 19:28)
    Aaron (Haroon) was the brother of Moses (Musa). Although he had a
    sister named Mary (Mariam), it is not the same Mary as Jesus's mother!
    Ibrahim says : Wa Alaikum salaam waRahmathulla

Dear Insaan786,

Absolutely! Mariam (pbuh) the mother of Christ was not the sister of Aaron the brother of Musa (pubh)

It would be utterly silly of anyone to think that sister of Aaron meant the direct sister of Aaron and Mary and Aaron had the same father. That is absurd

So what does this means is simple for those have knowledge of the past but difficult for those who lack knowledge of the past.

You see. Let me go way back to the time of Moses and Aaron.

Exodus 16.

These were the names of the sons of Levi according to their records: Gershon, Kohath and Merari. Levi lived 137 years.

17. The sons of Gershon, by clans, were Libni and Shimei.

18. The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. Kohath lived 133 years.

19. The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi. These were the clans of Levi according to their records.

20. Amram married his father's sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived 137 years.

21. The sons of Izhar were Korah, Nepheg and Zicri.

22. The sons of Uzziel were Mishael, Elzaphan and Sithri. us 6:

23. Aaron married Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon, and she bore him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.

24. The sons of Korah were Assir, Elkanah and Abiasaph. These were the Korahite clans.

25. Eleazar son of Aaron married one of the daughters of Putiel, and she bore him Phinehas. These were the heads of the Levite families, clan by clan.

So much for some lineage tree, now According to Bible

Exodus 7

1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

7. Moses was eighty years old and Aaron eighty-three when they spoke to Pharaoh.
    according to Bible

Exodus 28

1. "Have Aaron your brother brought to you from among the Israelites, along with his sons Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, so they may serve me as priests.

41. After you put these clothes on your brother Aaron and his sons, anoint and ordain them. Consecrate them so they may serve me as priests.

42. "Make linen undergarments as a covering for the body, reaching from the waist to the thigh.

43. Aaron and his sons must wear them whenever they enter the Tent of Meeting or approach the altar to minister in the Holy Place, so that they will not incur guilt and die. "This is to be a lasting ordinance for Aaron and his descendants.

Ibrahim says: thus God established that ONLY Aaron and his descendents are to be priests . which is why the shia ( judeo-Islam cult) claims only they can be imams. ( no offence but these are facts)
    Any way

Now you may wonder what all this has to do with Mary who was born hundreds of years later than Aaron who was living with Moses. [b] You see, only sons can be priests and women who were born in this Levite family of priesthood, cannot become priest but will be called the sisters/daughters of Aaron. Since they come the priesthood lineage and are well versed in religious knowledge but act as teachers of faith but do not perform religious rites in the presence of God.
    Thus Aaron the brother of Moses was the first in the line of Israelite priesthood. Mary and her cousin Elisabeth (mother of Yahya, whose name was fabricated to John the Baptist in Christianity ) came of a priestly family, and were therefore, "sisters of Aaron" or daughters of 'Imran (who was Aaron's father). when she is called Sister of Aaron, Mary is reminded of her high lineage and the unexceptionable morals of her father and mother. How, they said, she had fallen, and disgraced the name of her progenitors!
    This will be better understood when we read Qur’an 3:35 where we note who was the mother of Mary and who are her relations.

Kindly read

Qur’an 3:35 Behold! a woman of Imran said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto thee what is in my womb for Thy special service so accept this of me for Thou hearest and knowest all things."

Ibrahim says: hence Mary was dedicated to God by her Mother even before she was born and her father was also called Imran, her relations were zakariya who is the father of Yahya (john the Baptist)
    Yahya's mother Elisabeth was a cousin of Mary the mother of Jesus (read Luke i. 36), and therefore John and Jesus were cousins by blood, and there was a spiritual cousinhood in their birth and career. Elisabeth was of the daughters of Aaron (Luke 1: 5), of a priestly family which went back to Aaron the brother of Moses and son of Imran. Her husband Zakariya was actually a priest, and her cousin Mary was also of a priestly family. By tradition Mary's mother was called Hannah (in Latin, Anna, and in English, Anne), and her father was called Imran. Hannah is therefore both a descendant of the priestly house of Imran and the wife of Imran,-"a woman of Imran" in a double sense,

So indeed Mary and all women of that lineage can be called the “sister of Aaron” to indicate their priestly lineage.

Similarly, the Quran says (3:33-36) that Imran is the father of both Moses and Aaron, and Imran's wife gave birth to Mary (mother of Jesus!).
    Ibrahim says : let me quote the verse

3:33 Allah did choose Adam and Noah the family of Abraham and the family of Imran above all people.
    34 Offspring one of the other; and Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

35 Behold! a woman of Imran said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto thee what is in my womb for Thy special service so accept this of me for Thou hearest and knowest all things."

36 When she was delivered she said: "O my Lord! behold! I am delivered of a female child!" And Allah knew best what she brought forth, "and nowise is the male like the female. I have named her Mary and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One the Rejected."

Ibrahim says : to understand this , all you need to do is ask a Christian on the lineage of Christ and he /she will quote Matthew or Luke to establish it reaches back to Adam , the son of God

Thus The Prophets in the Jewish-Christian-Muslim Dispensation form one family literally. So immaterial of who it is they can be called a daughter of or a son of Adam or any other prophet to indicate their rank and lineage.

And we all know that Jesus was born around 1 A.D.
    Ibrahim says : NO! current Christians will dispute this timeframe and may say they do not know when, but it could be around 4 :B.C to 4 A.D . that is why Christmas is a false date and many Christians do not celebrate it.

After all, after Moses brought the Jews to Palestine (the Promised
    Land), there was so much Jewish history. David and Suleman and who not. But
    according to Quran sister of Moses and Aaron is Mary, who gave birth to
    Jesus
    Ibrahim says: Actually you will the same situation in the Bible too.

In the Bible, Elizabeth was called daughters of Aaron . Was she literally a daughter of Aaron?

Luke 1:5, RSV In the days of Herod, King of Judea, there was a priest named Zechari'ah, of the division of Abi'jah; and he had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.

Or

Jesus was addressed as Son of David in the Bible. Was he literally Son of David ?

Matthew 21:9 RSV

And the crowds that went before him and that followed him shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"

Matthew 21:15 RSV

But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying out in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" they were indignant;

Ibrahim says: So you see, this is not a contradiction but a traditional way of addressing people in the past to indicate their rank.

Hope that CLEARS all doubts concerning this, which I was expecting to read on the other thread.

Was salaam
    Ibrahim

politicians try to chose sides on a round planet , how silly!

Comment

insaan,

Ask them to prove that Mary did not have a brother who happened to be named Aaron.

They can't!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Thank you so very much Ibrahim .That was so nice of you. I am pretty clear on it now.
        Jazak Allah
        Thanks again
        AllahHafiz

Comment

Assalamualaikum Ibrahim,
          I appreciate, Thank a lot for that many refferences and details.
          Thank you.
          May Allah Bless you.Aameen

Comment

Working...
          X