Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO RECOGNISE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IN HEAVEN / HELL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO RECOGNISE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IN HEAVEN / HELL?

s

according to my knowledge thru ahadith, on day of re-surrection, everone will be raised at one age (everyone will be of one age). but this does not directly say if one will be able to recognize parents/siblings etc.

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

R_B_B

If you follow hadith, I have read several hadith that relate you will be with those whom you love. So no worries okay! *smile*

------------------
      Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

i think YES....
        if u r in heaven and they r with u nheaven as well, u wud surely....

but, may Allah save us all form the Fire, if anyone is in Hell, i dont think he/she will be in any condition to recognize his/her own self.; others, what can i say....

btw these r my own statements, and nothing from Quran or Hadith....

------------------
        "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)

[This message has been edited by armughal (edited February 04, 2002).]
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Will there be a 'YOU' still after you die?

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
            Will there be a 'YOU' still after you die?
            yes there will be. just like Hinduism (some faction) beleives in 're-incarnation'. but according to Muslim/Judaism/Christianity religions every human (and jinn) will be resurrected after DOOMSDAY.

------------------
            May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

s

Comment

SALAAM
                i have heard that women will be raised with their husbands name and girls will be raised with their mothers name and also that e.g. if you had never seen your grandparents your parents will show you who they are so you must be able to recognise people.
                they say thay everyone will be able to recognise each other but they will be too worried about themselves to worry about others.
                hope this helps!

Comment

h

Comment

Aslamoalaikum

Dear freinds, all of you who have said that yes we can recognise the people who are our family members in heaven. Could you please post the hadith or surah in which it was stated. This means a lot to me.

Thanks.

Salam.

Comment

Surah 52:

17 As to the Righteous they will be in Gardens and in Happiness

18 Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them and their Lord shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire.

19 (To them will be said "Eat and drink ye with profit and health because of your (good) deeds."

20 They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them to Companions with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.

21 And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith to them shall We join their families: nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.

22 And We shall bestow on them of fruit and meat anything they shall desire.

Comment

Ibrahim

Really appreciate the surah and translation.May Allah bless you.

Comment

In my beliefs, the heavenly descriptions found in scripture are based on the carnal and physical pleasures that man knew of at the time the books were written. It is silly to think that God's heaven is a physical place filled with feasts, orgies and rivers of milk and honey. To think that we will walk around in our human body form, plucking fruit from trees and living in eternal bliss, is naive.

We cannot comprehend what heaven will be like. It is beyond our realm of imagination. If God is not a physical being, why would heaven be physical? If we cannot get along here on earth, what happens when we get to heaven? Does God change us all into tolerant, loving, giving, peaceful beings? True hapiness and the grace of God has to be a spiritual reward, not a physical one.

That is one of the dangers that following scripture (Bible, Quran or Torah) word by word present. Fundalmentalists do not use their brains other than to memorize scripture. The Holy Books are full of allegories that reflect the culture of when they were written. They are meant to be guidelines for living - words inspired by God- not words written by God.

If we spend time with family and friends in the afterlife it will be through spirit, not within the wrinkled and bearded bodies we saw here on earth.

[This message has been edited by Seminole (edited June 13, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Munni:
                            R_B_B

If you follow hadith, I have read several hadith that relate you will be with those whom you love. So no worries okay! *smile*

Even if you end up in hell?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Seminole:
                              In my beliefs, the heavenly descriptions found in scripture are based on the carnal and physical pleasures that man knew of at the time the books were written.
                              Ibrahim says: Greetings of Peace to one and all

Dear Seminole,

I agree! each has their own belief and try to conform everything within that boundary markers, which I believe is laughable since only the Creator is best of knower as to how He will recreate His new creation after the day of judgment. When He can create all that you see today in the body with thge spirit in it , why would it impossible for him to create all that you see in the spirit with a body after the day of judgment?

It is silly to think that God's heaven is a physical place filled with feasts, orgies and rivers of milk and honey.
                              Ibrahim says: not if you understood that the spirit (jinn) that lives on this planet also has a live and family and everything you have, which mankind cannot see or cross into.

To think that we will walk around in our human body form, plucking fruit from trees and living in eternal bliss, is naive.
                              Ibrahim says : why not? Do you know something about the new creation of God?
                              We cannot comprehend what heaven will be like. It is beyond our realm of imagination. If God is not a physical being, why would heaven be physical?
                              Ibrahim says: but he made you physical on this planet, didnít He?, so why doubt His ability to recreate you in another version of physical form as per His choosing?

If we cannot get along here on earth, what happens when we get to heaven? Does God change us all into tolerant, loving, giving, peaceful beings?
                              Ibrahim says : didnít you know, only those who can get along are sent to a particular destination, I mean we are sorted according to our nature that is the purpose of life in one sense. And there are many heavens , each for a particular quality of beings. But most of all when God can create angels and give them that nature why would it be difficult for us to be given such a nature in the hereafter .

True hapiness and the grace of God has to be a spiritual reward, not a physical one.
                              Ibrahim says: that contradicts what Christ said.

Kindly read

Matthew 26:

28. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

29. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

Ibrahim says : which means Christ forbid the consumption of wine as that was the BLOOD of his covenant meaning you can only drink it in heaven . Jews will NEVER touch anyoneís BLOOD, but Christians ended up believing it was wine and have been drinking it ever since thinking that was part of the covenant of Christ in the church.

When in truth Christ said he will not touch wine EVER but only in heaven, meaning there it is HALAAL ( pure) to drink wine but not on Earth.

He only drank it because it was sent from heaven.

Many other verses in the Bible will teach the same . immaterial of what form the Creator will recreate us, in heaven, we will get all that we desire. Is the theme given from ancient times in the scriptures . But Hindus due to their corrupted thoughts and teachings have been trying to believe all this is in a spiritual sense and Christians have ended up following them because so much confusion has arisen due to corrupted scriptures.

That is one of the dangers that following scripture (Bible, Quran or Torah) word by word present. Fundalmentalists do not use their brains other than to memorize scripture.
                              Ibrahim says: which is conclusions of those who cannot accept scripture since they do not understand what it says or when they are willing to accept some and reject other teachings that are found in them, that is not to their liking.

The Holy Books are full of allegories that reflect the culture of when they were written. They are meant to be guidelines for living - words inspired by God- not words written by God.
                              Ibrahim says : The Holy books given in the past got corrupted by man who claimed we must be rational and decided to alter them according to their whims and fancies. but God ensured that his final version is INTACT and cannot be altered. Although it contains allegorical matters which only the wise may understand, what is fundamental and CLEAR is CLEAR and that is sufficient for the faithful to grasp.

If we spend time with family and friends in the afterlife it will be through spirit, not within the wrinkled and bearded bodies we saw here on earth
                              Ibrahim says: be it spirit or body that will be the Creators absolute wish donít you think so? on the other hand, pain is mostly felt through the skin , hence those in hell will have a body made of skin as they have on them today and it will be replaced over and over again such that their pain will NEVER end because they rejected God and dispute about God on matters which is beyond their knowledge , even though God had revealed to them about it.

Hope that helps

Regards
                              Ibrahim

politicians try to chose sides on a round planet , how silly!

Comment

Working...
                              X