Free Speech on this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Speech on this forum

Since the mullahism thread is closed down and I would have liked the opportunity to respond to some of the questions raised on my comments....

I'd like to open this post to comment on the religion forum on GS.

I thought GS was about being allowed to speak your mind. Mullahism is a concept that some people may not agree with, but many do. Its a debatable issue and should not be closed down becuase the moderator thinks the term Mullahism is degrading Islam.

I didn't bring up the term mullahism to degrade Islam at all, but to degrade those few (a minority only, actually) of muslims who ...well...i already defined it enough in the mullahism thread where it can be referred to.

Is this forum about free speech and being able to criticize wrong doings by muslims all over the world, or is it just about praising the religion 24-7?

I have no problem in praising Islam. I wasn't just born into it. I accept it completely. But thre are certain practices today and sentiments being exposed by muslims that must be addressed.

I feel we're in an age of Jahaaliat and we aren't using reason to solve our problems. We're using the "we've been told to do it by someone who we believe probably knows more about the religion than we do, so we're going to do what he/she says"

I feel this is dangerous and only by using reasoning and logic and the brain that God gave you will we be able to debate things out.

I dont claim to have all the answer and I will admit again that perhaps my liberal thoughts are UnIslamic. May Allah guide me onto the right path if I'm wrong. And I appreciate the criticism you all have given me on my comments. You always see things more clearly when you have all the viewpoints in front of you.

Again, I'm sorry If i've offended anyone by my Mullahism definition and my thoughts on the prom. But I do ask you all to please keep an open mind. I dont ask you to agree with any other guppie, but the least you can do is listen to others' thoughts and not block them from being said when you feel you disagree with them.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:

Is this forum about free speech and being able to criticize wrong doings by muslims all over the world, or is it just about praising the religion 24-7?
    Have we become so perfect as Muslims that we find it so easy to pick out the mistakes of others?

If you have an queries, please PM me.

Sentinel.

Comment

Working...
    X