Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiration

Assalam o alaikum all,

You know how we see numerous collections of inspirational quotes, proverbs and poems etc everyday..i was thinking if we can collect some short verses from Quran for daily inspirations..i would be very happy if you all can share some verses that you find inspiring.

JazakAllah ul khair for your time

Good idea!

I'll post some of the verses/ahadith I've got saved. Most of'em are 2-5 lines.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

wow what a great idea, Masha'Allah

Some of the verses that never fail to strike my heart are from Surah Rahmaan. There are about 78 brief ayats. Each time I read this it is as though I am reading it for the first time. Just one of the many many moving Surahs.

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest Surah Raa-ad, verse 28

This is the Book, in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear God Surah Baqarah, verse 2

On no soul doth God Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray: ) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector..." Surah Baqarah, verse 286

The Apostle believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in God, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys Surah Baqarah, verse 285

[This message has been edited by Nadia_H (edited June 06, 2002).]

Comment

"Who answers the oppressed when they cry out to Him and relieves affliction,

and makes you inheritors of the earth. Another God besides Allah? How little you reflect." 27:62

[This message has been edited by google (edited June 07, 2002).]

Comment

google,

Please can you provide references when you quote Qur'anic verses.

Sentinel.

Comment

|
            |
            V

------------------
            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel:
              google,

Please can you provide references when you quote Qur'anic verses.

Sentinel.
              27:62

Comment

la tuq-na-too

i don't know which surah though

Comment

2:152 Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.

49:11 O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

3:142 Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without Allah testing whether ye (will) fight hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast (patient)?

2:263 Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most-Forbearing.

3:103 And hold fast, all together, by the rope which God (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude God's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth God make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.

4:75. And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"

16:24 When it is said to them, "What is it that your Lord has revealed?" they say, "Tales of the ancients!"
                  16:25 Let them bear, on the Day of Judgment, their own burdens in full, and also (something) of the burdens of those without knowledge, whom they misled. Alas, how grievous the burdens they will bear!
                  "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Asalamu Alykum,

On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah
                    salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say:

" Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated." related by Bukhari and Muslim
                    Also collected in the Ar-baeen(The forty Hadiths) of Imam Nawawi.
                    SubhanAllah this hadith tells us how important it is to keep all our intentions for Allah(swt) sake and when we think about how important intentions are and before doing something re-evaluting our intentions, it totally slowes one down.
                    jazakumAllahu khair

Comment

Genuine thanks to Sadiaa, Nadia, google, armughal, khan_sahib, sallu12 and pakiice

I really appreciate your efforts

Comment

Here are some:

" When the Quran is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy. " Quran 7:204

O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful. [49:12]

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [49:13]

" He called us to worship God alone... he commanded us to speak the truth, to honor our promises, to be kind to our relations, to be helpful to our neighbors, to cease all forbidden acts, to abstain from bloodshed, to avoid obscenities and false witness... " ( From speech of Jafar to the King of Abyssinia about Muhammad(saw) )

Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, 'When (will come) the Help of Allah?' Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!" (Quran 2:214)

"Alif-Lam-Mim. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: 'We believe', and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make known those who are true, and and will certainly make known those who are liars. (Quran 29:1-3)

------------------
                        But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition. al-Qur'an 47:2

22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

From the Prophet's (pbuh) final sermon: "Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds.... Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.... All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves. Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone."

It is not righteousness that you turn your faces to the East or the West, but it is righteousness to believe in Allah, and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity, to fulfill the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in suffering and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing Surah Baqarah, verse 177

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages), Verily Man is in loss, Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy Surah Asr, verses 1-3

By the Moon as she follows him; By the Day as it shows up (the Sun's) glory; By the Night as it conceals it; By the Firmament and its (wonderful) structure; By the Earth and its (wide) expanse: By the Soul, and the proportion and order given to it; And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right;- Truly he succeeds that purifies it, And he fails that corrupts it Surah Shams, verses 1-10

Narrated Abu Musa, "Some people asked Allah's Apostle, 'Whose Islam is the best?' He replied, 'One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands.'" Narrated Abdullah bin Umar: "A man asked the Prophet, peace be upon him, 'Whose Islam is good?' The Prophet replied, 'One who feeds others and greets those whom he knows and those whom he does not know.'"

Narrations of Anas: "The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, 'None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind.'"
                          * "The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, 'Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness of faith:
                          The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else; who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake; who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.'"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, 'Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, after-noons and during the last hours of the nights. Here is a reward for those who join the people of faith.'"

Comment

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created mercy in one hundred parts and He has sent down upon the Jinn, human beings and the insects just one part. It is because of this (one part) that they love one another, show kindness to one another, and even the beast treats its young one with affection, and Allah has reserved ninety-nine parts of mercy with which He will treat His servants on the Day of Resurrection.
                            (Reported by Muslim)

"O my Lord! grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam." (46:15)

------------------
                            'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
                            My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
                            "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
                            [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

thanks hinna, Nadia and aapki

some of 'em are very very inspirational

Comment

Working...
                              X