A good liberal article from an Ameriki.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good liberal article from an Ameriki.

Here is an article from a Muslim American Doctor. I liked it and wanted to share it.
    http://www.quaideazam.org/page817563.htm

The history of mankind may be summed up in one sentence: It is a saga of a long war between those that believe in rational reasoning and those that engage in magical thinking. Those that believe in The Laws of Allah that govern all the phenomenon in this Universe are referred to in the Quran as The Believers.

Those that believe in magical happenings, engage in senseless ritualistic behaviors in order to please a holy spirit or some other delusional concept of their mind are termed The Disbelievers. They pray and hope that a change will happen magically. They are referred in the Quran as The Kafirs. This difference must be clearly understood.

Is this American-Muslim doctor an authority on Islamic philosophy? His comments are as flip as semi-informed US media types, of which there are far too many doing semi-informed commentary, intentionally or otherwise.

Comment

Tomasso: you did not read the article. You have made a judgement just from the very small one liner I highlighted. Read the article, it is good.

Comment

Is the author of this piece from an Indian Muslim backround?

Comment

No she is Pakistani.

Comment

Did Pakistan ever experience immigration?

Comment

Originally posted by TOMASSO:
              Did Pakistan ever experience immigration?
              Yes it did in 1947 from India, and then refugees from Afghanistan in the 80's through the 90's. The author is a Pakistani since her birth. She grew up in Pakistan, and studied in Pakistan.

Comment

Is the author a mohajir, by chance? What were her parents or grandparents?

Comment

An excellent article. I agree with most of it.

The parallel of Founding Principles with Islam is interesting. Islam as an encompassing socio-poilitcal and economic system disintigrated with rise of Mullahism (as per Iqbal's view). On the flip side, some would say Fir'on, Qaroon and Ha'man can be collectively seen within the Administration. It may be that nothing was a greater Qaroonic symbol than that of two striking towers.

Perhaps Mullah Bush has been divinely inspired to speak such moving words. It is truly a miracle.

Comment

Oh, and btw, what is "liberal" about this article? How I abhor labels...

Comment

Working...
                    X