What is hadith About Zabihah Meat !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is hadith About Zabihah Meat !!!

I am asking this question becouse some how I feel that muslims from different region tend to have diff concept about Zabihah.

I saw some of muslim guys who seems to be very religious(As I see them very active during Juma parayers and they always talk religious stuff) buying chicken(which is non-zabihah) from my office cafeteria and eating them.Once when I discussed the issue of zabihah with them they tend to justify it and said Chicken is Ok where as goat or beef wouldnot be ok.I was shocked but I didnt want to discuss it further fearing that I might offend them.

he had some strange justification which I never heard .Importan thing to be noted here is that these guys were ARABS.
    Can anyone here explain this.

------------------
    Unka Jo Kaam hai Ahl-e-Siyasat Jaane,
    Apna paigam muhabbat hai ,jahan tak pahuche

Made lawful to you this day are AtTayyibt [all kinds of Hall (lawful) foods, which Allh has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girl-friends. And whosoever disbelieves in the Oneness of Allh and in all the other Articles of Faith [i.e. His (Allh's), Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and AlQadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers. (Al-Ma'idah 5:5)

Brother i was really confused about this topic too, cause i have been noticing the same thing. As far as i know it is allowed to eat meat from the people of the books, but all scholars agree that 'zabihah' meat is the best.

I'm sure someone else can add to this, insh'Allah. And you should do a search, this topic has been discussed a few times in the past.

Allahu Alim

------------------
    'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
    My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
    "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
    [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Thanks Brother.
      Anyone else wana Add anything.

Comment

hmmmmm it's sister

Comment

Thanks Sister.
          Sorry !!!

Comment

My local imam, a very knowledgeable arab told me that while he doesnt eat non zabiha, he wont tell me not to eat it either.

Scholars disagree on this matter....but one thing scholars agree on is that in case of a disagreement among scholars, a less knowledgeable person is advised to follow the safer option.

In this case the safer option is to NOT eat non zabiha meat.

I myself used to eat it all the time, but now i dont eat it, and it really isnt giving me too much of a hard time since i`d rather eat my own hand cooked meal over the unhealthy food available in fast food places. The only inconvenience is driving around 30 minutes(one way) once or twice a month to buy some halal meat from a muslim store.

Fish offcourse is halal no matter who caught and sliced it

[This message has been edited by Maniac (edited June 11, 2002).]

Comment

ASalamu Alykum,
              bro Maniac very true. Also i think the meat of people of the book is allowed but we can't really gurantee that the meat we are getting from the local grocery store etc is being slaughtered by a christain or a jew. It can be a hindu , a buddist, an atheist. And i would recommed you to do some research on slaughter houses!!!
              JazakumAllahu khair

Comment

Originally posted by Pakiice:

ASalamu Alykum,
                bro Maniac very true. Also i think the meat of people of the book is allowed but we can't really gurantee that the meat we are getting from the local grocery store etc is being slaughtered by a christain or a jew. It can be a hindu , a buddist, an atheist. And i would recommed you to do some research on slaughter houses!!!
                JazakumAllahu khair
                can you back it up with some hadeeth?

Comment

Originally posted by appkiamaanat:
                  [b]Made lawful to you this day are AtTayyibt [all kinds of Hall (lawful) foods, which Allh has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girl-friends. And whosoever disbelieves in the Oneness of Allh and in all the other Articles of Faith [i.e. His (Allh's), Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and AlQadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers. (Al-Ma'idah 5:5)

Comment

Working...
                  X