Marrying a Non-Muslim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marrying a Non-Muslim

Assalaamoalaikum, hope everyone's fine..

my question is if a muslim male can get married to a non-muslim female den how come a muslim female cannot get married to a non-muslim male??

"Allah Subhanah has made it permissible for a believing man to marry a righteous woman from amongst the People of the Book (the Jews and the Christians); but has absolutely forbidden a believing woman to marry a non-believer, unless he converts to Islam."

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Baqarah verse 221 (part): Do not wed your women to ‘mushrik’ men, unless they believe.

hope u guyz can help me on this,
    thanks in advance...

------------------
    []\/[] []_[] $ []_ [] []\/[]

~HaY JaZbA JuNoOn ToU HiMmAt Na HaAr JuStUjOo Jo KaRaY Wo ChUaY AsMaAn, MeHnAt ApNi HoGi PeHcHaAn KaBhI Na BhUlO, SaB Ki NaZrOn MaIn.. PAKISTAN KaBhI Na BhUlO, PAKISTAN HaI TuMhArA, PAKISTAN HaI HumArA~
    Verily my happiness is my iman,
    and verily my iman is in my heart,
    and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

The reason Muslim women can't marry non-Muslim man is b/c children usually follow the father's religion. The father is the head of the family...in most families, his religion and it's practices are what's observed in the home. And thus, if a Muslim woman marries a non-Muslim man, odds are that the children will follow the father's religion and not Islam.

Comment

If can be EXTREMELY dangerous for a muslim girl to marry a non-muslim as this two couple found out:

THEY WERE HACKED TO DEATH!
      http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...un07/icoup.htm

The quran is a dangerous book in the hands of ignorants.

Comment

In Islam men are allow to marry with non muslim(but only Ihl-e-kitab like christian and jews)
        Why is he allowed?? just because his childrens will be muslim.. but muslim women cant marry with non muslims
        cuz her children would be non muslim.. she can marry him only if she can convert her busband to muslim

------------------
        aaj bhi ho gar ibrahim ka iman paida
        aag ker sakti hei undaaz-e-gulistan paida
        wants to become a clairvoyant!!!!!

Comment

[This message has been edited by Paki Prince (edited June 12, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by rabika:
            In Islam men are allow to marry with non muslim(but only Ihl-e-kitab like christian and jews)
            Why is he allowed?? just because his childrens will be muslim.. but muslim women cant marry with non muslims
            cuz her children would be non muslim.. she can marry him only if she can convert her busband to muslim

Yet another way to discriminate against the women! And, the sister is in agreemet with it!

posted by Paki Prince
            "aisee laRkiyoun kay saath aisa hee karna chayay..."
            Translated:
            "That's the right way to treat such girls!"
            Well said yaar! The majority, I am sure, will agree with you.
            And, what is Nadia_H saying in the thread called:BASIC ISLAM
            "Radical Islam is an oxymoron; there are only some radical muslims!"

Actually, Nadia_H,
            Islam stands for peace is an Oxymoron!

Orthodox Islam is RADICAL right down to its very core!

Comment

Originally posted by Paki Prince:
              aisee laRkiyoun kay saath aisa hee karna chayay...

i agree she did sumfin wrong but den again who r we to punish her? who r her brothers or father to punish her?? isn't it Allah(swt) who gave her life n who can do wuteva he likes wid it??

i mean if she din't listen to her n if they had warned her parents of the gunaah she had done n even after dat if she went against them n her religion den it's between her n Allah(swt)..not da people...

------------------

~HaY JaZbA JuNoOn ToU HiMmAt Na HaAr JuStUjOo Jo KaRaY Wo ChUaY AsMaAn, MeHnAt ApNi HoGi PeHcHaAn KaBhI Na BhUlO, SaB Ki NaZrOn MaIn.. PAKISTAN KaBhI Na BhUlO, PAKISTAN HaI TuMhArA, PAKISTAN HaI HumArA~

[This message has been edited by XChorniX (edited June 08, 2002).]

Comment

Sorry, I take my words back, that ws just me thinking in a typical pathan way...

...But what she did was zina (adultery), the marriage was not valid according to Islam and if she'd been in a Islamic country then I think she should've been punished according to Shariah, but in this case it was wrong that her family took the law into there own hands, they should've just disowned her or sumthin' and let her live...

[This message has been edited by Paki Prince (edited June 09, 2002).]

Comment

If there is true love between the woman and the man, then allah can be ignored for a moment.

If you love the man, and he loves you, it is ok to leave Islam (or any other religion)

Comment

most of the countries follow secular laws
                    regarding marriage . there is no universal
                    law in 21 st century than a aman and women cant marry. if you justify your law others can justify their law in their own land where muslims are minority.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited June 09, 2002).]

Comment

ISLAM is a practical religion.
                      I dunno why guys here are so concerned abt women rights when girls themselves completely in agreement with them.

it is because they r guys and we are girls...we know our own psychology better...i will never feel comfortable if i were to be married to sum
                      non-muslim...why...because of the obvious reason that children are more prone to take sfter their father's religion than their mother...again why...because after marriage the guy doesn't come to the bride's house...bride goes to the groom's...so the children grow up in the enviornment of their paternal family, and enviorment contributes alot to ones beliefs.

Comment

[This message has been edited by Paki Prince (edited June 12, 2002).]

Comment

no paki prince actually u were thinking like a typical desi, dat's wut they all do n dat's wut they all think..well not all but most of them..
                          there wuz another case of dis, a muslim girl married a christian guy, but her parents n brothers din' go n kill her, instead they tried to tell her how wrong it wuz, explained everythin n warned her but still when she went against it they din't go kill her neither did they torture her..
                          n her relatives too they didn't go bugg them hurt them or anything they just left her alone never talked to her again and that wus it.

well kumarakn everyone has their own opinion n ur opinion is to leave religion for love well den it's up to u. n i myself don't believe that cuz islam comes before anything..accordin to me dat is..

enchanted good reasons..thanks

n jazakallah to all the other people too

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                            If there is true love between the woman and the man, then allah can be ignored for a moment.

If you love the man, and he loves you, it is ok to leave Islam (or any other religion)
                            I'd certainly be more interested in a better everlasting life(afterlife) then a better short mortal life...
                            So no...its not fine to ignore Allah or leave Islam.
                            If you do so then u never really believed in it.....

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                              Thank you Mufti "Kumarakn"

بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
                              بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Working...
                              X