Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic "MAGIC" ????

A frined of mine who happens to be Hindu,
    went out early around 2 a.m. in the Mornignt o walk hs dog a few weeks back. There is a Pakistani family that lives in his building.
    He told me that when he went down stairs he say them practicing some kind of ritual?!
    There is a window in the hall, and on this window these people had setup a glass of water with a tissue rapped around the top. Poming through the top were sticks of incense. This friend of mine descided to put these incense sticks our thinking someone had left them there by accident when he heard the Pakistani Family walking towards him chanting something he could not understand (I assume it was something from the Koran). He said the Wife the Husband and the Son were all walking in one behind the other chanting. When they got to the window the blew the smoke from the incense out the window with Chinese fans? After that they would turn and repeat their chanting while walking back in the opposite direction>???
    All this at 2 A.M. in the morning.
    Now I had heard from this same friend that these people were always up late into the night, sometimes 4 sometimes 3.. etc..
    I just thought this was because they were Lahori and LAhori people are stereotyped as such. But this whole chanting stuff was just WEIRD...
    aNYONE HAVE any clue as to what these people were doing???? Isn't Mgic supposed to be sinful in Islam????

He is pulling your leg! yank! yank!
    Now don't go believing everything someone tells you. If you really want to know, go ask them! I am sure they will not mind telling you.

Someone I respect, tells me that there are plenty of fake pir fakeers, and if you buy into them they will get you to do plenty of ludicrous and ridiculous things. The most galling is that they get you to part with your hard earned money and get you to behave like a perfect idiot.

Comment

I dont know this guy is pretty reliable, besides, I think there is a camera in his lobby that may have captured it, I will try and get the video if it exists...
      I will ask them the next time I see them though, but to be honest, the family IS really weird, specially the mother. Regardless...

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited June 08, 2002).]

Comment

Adnan magic happens...and if the family is a lahori...it is probable because i know that there are many weird pirs in lhr who do Black magic and stuff.

Now as to its being condemned by islam...ofcourse the Holy Quran condemns the act but do have u heard the phrase " jealosy is worse then fire"?
        ppl can do anything to get their own way. the ppl who practice black magic are NOT MUSLIMS.

Comment

magic is not allowed in Islam....
          infact if a person practices magic, he/she is out of Islam....
          regarded as a KAAFIR....
          but sadly many of such practises as mentioned above have become popular in muslims all over the world (more commonly in indo-pak) and ppl tend to believe in them more than Islam's teachings....

another example of jahaalat spreading among muslims....
          the sad part is, they consider it all a part of religion....
          maybe they dont even know that they r pushing themselves out of the circle of Islam and if they die in the same state, they will die as kaafirs....

------------------
          "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

I know there are certain beliefs that may have been confused with old pagan beliefs and other old traditions..
            One example is this bowl with Islamic verses printed all over it. People think drinking our of this bowl will give them good luck or something...Ii have also heard of people drinking the ink the koran was written in for the same purpose..?!!
            But where do you draw the line between the supernatural and faith? Whos to say that drinking out of somthing with Koranic verses wont give you good luck?

Comment

well the practices in which drinking out of bowls etc is cocerned it is purely for medical purposes...but put this into your mind if u want to have good luck RECITE QURAN!! and of course ACT UPON IT. And pray to Allah after every prayer for good luck!!!!!
              Well as i have already revealed that i go to a peer...well i'll tell u what he gives...for medical purposes he gives a taweez to burn and rub its oil on effected areas of skin where there is pain.
              or he gives us salt ( no mixture of different chemicals but pure table salt) to mix it in water and then drink the water.

And if we ask him to give us something for success he gives us different verses of Quran to recite and pray to Allah for success and good luck.. So i guess makes it clear to u!!!

Comment

I guess, I have to admit that some lady once did something which I think she called a Dhum which was used to treat a headache I had. I cant say for sure if worked or not though. Still, how do we know that what these people were doing with the incense wasn't for similar purposes?

Comment

there is NO magic BS in islam, magic is believed in/practiced by crackheads, tribal religions, etc.

(if it's even possible to practice something that doesn't exist)

------------------
                  Better to die 1000 times in glory than live without honor-Louis VI

Comment

Well that sums t up

Comment

There is Magic..it exists..however its strictly forbidden for muslims....

From Sahih Bukhari

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 658:
                      Narrated 'Aisha:

A man called Labid bin al-A'sam from the tribe of Bani Zaraiq worked magic on Allah's Apostle till Allah's Apostle started imagining that he had done a thing that he had not really done. One day or one night he was with us, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period, and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I have asked him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other near my feet. One of them said to his companion, "What is the disease of this man?" The other replied, "He is under the effect of magic.' The first one asked, 'Who has worked the magic on him?' The other replied, "Labid bin Al-A'sam.' The first one asked, 'What material did he use?' The other replied, 'A comb and the hairs stuck to it and the skin of pollen of a male date palm.' The first one asked, 'Where is that?' The other replied, '(That is) in the well of Dharwan;' " So Allah's Apostle along with some of his companions went there and came back saying, "O 'Aisha, the color of its water is like the infusion of Henna leaves. The tops of the date-palm trees near it are like the heads of the devils." I asked. "O Allah's Apostle? Why did you not show it (to the people)?" He said, "Since Allah cured me, I disliked to let evil spread among the people." Then he ordered that the well be filled up with earth.

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 659:
                      Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Avoid the Mubiqat, i.e., shirk and witchcraft."
                      http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...ml#007.071.658

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 356:
                      Narrated Sad:

Allah's Apostle said, "He who eats seven 'Ajwa dates every morning, will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them." http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...ml#007.065.356

Comment

Thanks yaar, this helps..

Comment

Finally....got cured from effects of Black magic and things in my life have started towards betterment !
                          The only easy day was Yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X