QUESTION. please answer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTION. please answer....

I have heard that there is a night during Ramzan, during which, if you pray throughout the night, you may be blessed with some kind of vision or something!? I know two people who have made such a claim, one person I know claims to have seen angels coming down from heaven and walking in procession around their home, the other person claimed to have seen a light so bright that it made the night turn to day...Both people had very intense experiences.
    Does anyone know anything about this? I would appreciate any info.

Well Allah has not told us that on which night it is...Bt He has told us that it lies on either 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th or 29th of Ramadan..And the ibadah on this night is as much as ibaddah donin 1000 months.

do read this article...it will make it clear to u. http://www.islamworld.net/LaylatulQadr.html

Comment

perhaps u r mentioning Laylat-al-Qadar, which falls in the last ten days of Ramadhan (According to Saheeh Hadith)....

seeing a bright light or anything is a myth and ppl who claim to have seen this are most probably liars or insane....

Islam (Quran or Hadith) has no mention of any light in this night....
      but i do hear that from many people who come from pakistan....

------------------
      "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Could be layla tul Qadr (the night of Power). Al Quran mentioned it as better than 1001 month. That is when Angle descends on Earth to write the provision for each human. I am not sure of the exact day/date but it could be 21, 23, 27 ramadhan

Comment

Does anyone of the Gguppies believe in this supernatural visitation or night light stuff?
          Anyone have experiences of this sort?

Comment

i guess u shud read the translation of surah-al-Qadar:

Surah 97. Power, Fate
            1. We have indeed revealed this (Message) in the Night of Power:

2. And what will explain to thee what the night of power is?

3. The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.

4. Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah.s permission, on every errand:

5. Peace!...This until the rise of morn!
            What does it tell you...Of course angels come down to earth on Earth. And as far as visitation are cocerned i have heard stories but as far as i am conserned i feel very comfortable with my own two angels

Comment

I want to admit something here and I hope you people dont bite my head of for this...
              One of the ladies whom I mentioned above, who claims to have seen angels happens to be Ahmedi.. The other one who say the lights is Sunni.. Does this mean that God does not discriminate against anyone? Even Ahmedis?
              Or does it mean that one of these women had experienced the real thing while the other imagined the whole thing?

[This message has been edited by Adnan Ahmed (edited June 08, 2002).]

Comment

well i won't bite your head but well i know a lady who saw an angel too, a sunni muslim, and it wasn't even laylatulqadr...but she just caught a glimpse and had a sort of feeling that it was an angel. if those ladies have seen angels can u plz describe them. Angels are made of nur...and what is nur...nur is light. think over it.

Comment

as i said earlier, there is no such concept in Islam of seeing a light....
                  its just one of those rumors made up in the name of religion....

both the ahmedi and the sunni lady r liars or have seen just a light or anything and misunderstood it....

dont consider the angel as an option....
                  Gabriel came to Muhammad (pbuh) in the form of a human because the prophet himself cud not bear the sight of seeing an angel in his real form....
                  so u expect just anyone to see an angel in the form of noor....

ever had the experience of feeling dizzy and seeing a light flash upon u....
                  ever considered the fact that a person is fasting all day in ramadhan and awake all night on lailat-al-qadar for worship and might as well feel dizzy and experience a thing....
                  shud he/she then declare it divine????

how come none of the sahaba or the tabe'een ever reported such a thing????
                  how come only indo-pak ppl get these visions????
                  or r they just rumors....
                  just as people claim to see UFOs....

------------------
                  "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

i really don't quite agree with u armughal because as the hadith goes:
                    Narrated Usaid bin Hudair

That while he was reciting Surat Al-Baqara (The Cow) at night, and hishorse was tied beside him, the horse was suddenly startled and troubled. When he stopped reciting, the horse became quiet, and when he started again, the horse was startled again. Then he stopped reciting and the horse became quiet too. He started reciting again andthe horse was startled and troubled once again. Then he stopped reciting and his son, Yahya was beside the horse. He was afraid that the horse might trample on him. When he took the boy away and looked towards the sky, he could not see it. The next morning he informed theProphet who said, "Recite, O Ibn Hudair! Recite, O Ibn Hudair!" Ibn Hudair replied, "O Allah's Apostle! My son, Yahya was near the horse and I was afraid that it might trample on him, so I looked towards thesky, and went to him. When I looked at the sky, I saw something like acloud containing what looked like lamps, so I went out in order not tosee it." The Prophet said, "Do you know what that was?" Ibn Hudair replied, "No." The Prophet said, "Those were Angels who came near to you for your voice and if you had kept on reciting till dawn, it wouldhave remained there till morning when people would have seen it as it would not have disappear

It is a sahih hadeeth in bukhari. so clear ur misconception that only pakistani see angels.

Comment

Originally posted by enchanted:
                      well i won't bite your head but well i know a lady who saw an angel too, a sunni muslim, and it wasn't even laylatulqadr...but she just caught a glimpse and had a sort of feeling that it was an angel. if those ladies have seen angels can u plz describe them. Angels are made of nur...and what is nur...nur is light. think over it.
                      Ok. one of these ladies is my Aunt in Pindi. She said she was praying when she suddenly had the urge to look out the window.
                      She says she say angels glowing in white gowns. They came down from the sky in procession and then walked around the house.
                      The other lady she just say a really brihgt light that was to bright to make out anything..?

Comment

my islamiat teacher back home told me about his experince while sitting on eithikaaf .during the last ten days.
                        he said when its the night of laila tul qadr ( last ten odd nights of ramazan)u just feel it that ur prayers are accepted .u have that inner feelings that satisfies you that whatever u did in the last ten nights were paid back .he said thr is no such thing as lights or angels .but he didnt say it was impossible.
                        so thats what i know.

Comment

Alas us desi's are prone to making up a lot of fake stuff about Lailatul Qadr. Its a night among the last 10 odd nights of ramadan. And On it praying is like praying for a 1000 nights(or is it years or months?)

ITs really a blessed night..and i hope everyone of us gets to pray on it atleast once in the lifetime.

Oh and as for the 'visions' people have of angels and light and stuff...trickery of the shaitan and the devils....believe not in it.

[This message has been edited by Maniac (edited June 10, 2002).]

Comment

Brother...I know many people who don't wait whole year to get that night and then see "Unseen"

Its not hard to experience that....can be done at any time of the year....you just have to be committed....

Learn "Muraqba"

Comment

i agree with romance. the above hadith was for those who say angels are only seen by indo-pak ppl...i seriously don't hink that sahabi was an indian and secondly it is also not stated in it that it was the night of Qadr.

Maniac read the translation of surah-al-qadr it is months.

Comment

Working...
                              X