Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are muslims allowed girlfriends and boyfriend

are they

yes a girl is allowed to have girl as friends and a boy is allowed to have boy as friend, who prohibits that?

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

i mean for love. is a boy allowed to love a gal at a young age

Comment

what do you *personally* think?
        what do you think, Islam allows or not?

------------------
        May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

No but if u do nikaah with her then there's nothing wrong with it.

------------------
          Ay Watan hum hain teri shama key parwanon mein. - Oh, Country you are the candle around which we, your lovers, hover.

Comment

Islam advises against private mingling of the opposite sexes (unmarried couples) and teaches watchful segregation.

You don't have to data a person several years to figure out if you would like 'em as a life partner. Actually the divorce rate in countries with such practice is much higher.

Anyway, Pristine bhai opened a good thread about "selecting one's spouse" but I donno why not many people participated in it.
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

well my family will kill me if i had one but some muslims in england say its a free country and there family dont say **** . they even have christian as there love which is abit to over the top but i think haveing a muslim is ok

Comment

Originally posted by suhaibonline:
                i think haveing a muslim is ok
                Brother, what's wrong is wrong. Just because you happen to have a Muslim girl friend or you choose to have a Muslim girl friend doesn't mean the relationship automatically becomes acceptable in Islam.

According to our religion (Islam), it's worng to have gfs/bfs.

------------------
                "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
                (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

It would depend on what the relationship is all about.

If you're indulging in anything sexual, or even minute physical contact...then the relationship is not approvable.

But, there is nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex, and falling in love with one of 'em. Islam does not advocate only arranged marriages...love marriages and arranged marriages are both permitted as long as the groom and bride are satisfied with the rishtaa. The approval of parents has been debated on gupshup b4, that's an entirely different topic.

I know plenty of folks (quite common in college MSA's and MYNA, type of organizations actually) who "group-date". This involves a group of girls and guys going out somewhere for recreation, no physical contact, no getting too close or personal, just some wholesome good fun.

If dating/courtship is what leads to marriage in western tradition, there are other ways to arrive at marriage thru love also. I mean, what's wrong with falling in love with a friend? Or getting to know someone you are interested in thru conversation? You dont need to go on a date, a date as defined by youth today (ie. dinner, a movie, and some good old foreplay).

My opinions might apall some folks. Keep in mind my statements are reflective of what i have learned at my Islamic School and knowledgable elders who happen to just hold some solid degrees in religious studies.
                  I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

well...there is NO such religion called 'muslims'. muslims are believer of Allah and his last prophet Mohammad (SAWS)...and follower of islam!

and i don't think we can relate 'love' to bf/gf, do u think?

and its obvious that is haram, and it is also Good for Us!!

------------------
                    ~yeh noor ke sholay uthtay hain, mera hee dil garmanay ko
                    jo bijli ufak main chamki hai, chamki hai mere taRpanay ko~
                    Apnay akailay pan ka main kis say gila karoon
                    Jis ko bhi murh kay daikha woh tanhayOon maiN hay~
                    keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come

Comment

yar tum log bhi na bass....... kuch soch samagh kar topic rakha karo ........ aik to topic rakhnay walay ooper se os par is tarah k topic ko dil par le kar jawab denay walay

is ka karwa jawab ye hai k if someone has ur sister as a girl friend and he does all those things with her which u want to do with someones sister what will u thin and behave !!!!!! and if ur answer is positive then ........... ALLAH HAM SAB KI HIFAZAT KARE... PAKI BHAEE FAJAR PARH LAIN KION K TIM EHO RAHA HAI SEE U

Comment

Not to deviate from the topic too much, but I have always seen a clear difference between the religious interpretations provided by scholars residing in muslim countries and those residing in western countries. Its not to say that scholars living in the western countries are too liberal or that their counterparts in Saudia or Pakistan are too conservative, but apparently those who are not living in the west lack an appreciation for the lifestyle here, and continue to give rulings which seem "One Size Fits All".

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:
                        I know plenty of folks (quite common in college MSA's and MYNA, type of organizations actually) who "group-date". This involves a group of girls and guys going out somewhere for recreation, no physical contact, no getting too close or personal, just some wholesome good fun.
                        I am almost 100% sure, that if you ask a muslim scholar in Pakistan or Saudia or Egypt, they will consider the above activity as haraam too.

Re: question of bf/gf for the intent to spend time together and to find out if they are suitable as a future spouse... on the face of it, it seems wholly inappropriate. If the intent is to have a good time, then it is recommended that you stick with folks of your own gender and do wholesome activities.

If the intent is to find a spouse, then Click Here

Ofcourse, this is according to Islam. Our responsibility is to provide you with information. You have to make up your own mind and do what you think is beneficial. Those who are intent to create mischief will not be deviated. As always, Allah is the only one who can guide us to the right path. Ameen.
                        "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

i deal with it in a very simple way, it is prohibited in Islam for a girl to be with a non-mehram in a place where nobody else can see them...or if the Mehram of the girl is not present. It is usually said that if a boy and girl are in the situation where they are alone the third is satan.

But i don't believe in total segregation..because i've seen ppl become desparadoes..i believe if there is healthy interaction between them then there is nothing wrong...BUT do boy friends and girl friends follow this...of course not so it goes without saying that it is foolish to trust guys before u r married to him

Comment

Originally posted by enchanted:
                            i deal with it in a very simple way, it is prohibited in Islam for a girl to be with a non-mehram in a place where nobody else can see them...or if the Mehram of the girl is not present. It is usually said that if a boy and girl are in the situation where they are alone the third is satan.

But i don't believe in total segregation..because i've seen ppl become desparadoes..i believe if there is healthy interaction between them then there is nothing wrong...BUT do boy friends and girl friends follow this...of course not so it goes without saying that it is foolish to trust guys before u r married to him
                            Are you blaming the guys for it ????

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal:
                              but apparently those who are not living in the west lack an appreciation for the lifestyle here, and continue to give rulings which seem "One Size Fits All".
                              I disagree.

[This message has been edited by Khoon-e-Shaheed (edited June 05, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                              X