X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hadeeth of battling the jews

Subject :
    Explaining the Hadeeth of Battling the Jews

Author: Shaikh ‘Alee Hasan Al-Halabee (hafidhahullah)

Source: Al-Asaalah Magazine, Issue 30 (pg. 7-8)
    Note: From the upcoming SSNA book “Al-Masjid al-Aqsaa: The Path to its Freedom” www.-al-manhaj.com

From the things that the hearts of the believers have been assured and their intellects have become certain of is that the decrepit nation in which the scattered Jews of the world were gathered unrightfully and in oppression – The state of Israel - shall cease and be erased from existence.

We do not declare a timeframe when this shall take place as some emotionally charged individuals state without any right (evidence to support their outlandish claims).

The time may be at hand in their era for that is not difficult for Allaah. Or it may come sooner for surely Allaah says:

“And none can know the (magnitude and power of the) armies of your Lord except He.” [Surah Al-Mudathir: 31]

Surely Allaah is the All knowing and the All Aware.

And it is maybe for this reason (rhetoric claiming the time when the Jewish oppression shall cease) that one of the icons of Palestinian Politics said: “Verily our peace with the Jews is one of a political nature not that of ‘Aqeedah (Belief and creed).”

Indeed the authentic Prophetic narrations are abundantly clear that the big battle is inevitably coming and that the Word of Tawheed will be victorious without a doubt (in defeating the) Jews - leaders and subjects.

The two great Scholars of Hadeeth, ash-Shaikhaan (Imaams Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim) have narrated on the authority of ‘Abdullaah bin ‘Umar (radyAllaahu ‘anhu), that the Messenger of Allaah said:

“You will battle the Jews until one of them will hide behind a rock. (The rock) will say: ‘O ‘Abdullaah (Worshiping slave of Allaah)! Behind me hides a Jew come and slay him.’”

The two Shaikhs have also narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) that Allaah’s Messenger (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“The Hour will not be established until the Muslims battle the Jews. The Muslims will battle them to the point where the Jew will hide behind a rock and a tree. So the rock - or the tree - will say: ‘O Muslim! O ‘Abdullaah (Worshiping slave of Allaah)! Behind me hides a Jew come and slay him.’ Except for al-Gharqad [1] (which shall remain silent) for it is a Jewish tree.”

These are the two most authentic narrations regarding this issue. They make clear the inevitability of the upcoming battle. The narrations have a two pronged effect. On one hand they portray the reality of the situation while at the same time they declare unambiguously that the victory shall be for Muslims.

With the Praise of Allaah and his Tawfeeq (inspired guidance) the issue is clear and is not in need of excessive commentary or in need of thorough explanation.

And in these two texts are numerous Manhaj implications. There are two extremely significant points that I here address:

First: The first point is connected to the first part (of the narrations), in which he (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) says to his Companions: “You will battle….” This is a clear indication that the future will be for Islaam only by the permission of Allaah and only in accordance to the Manhaj (methodology) of the pious predecessors (Salaf as-Saalih). [2]

Second: The second point is connected to the conclusion (of the narrations), in which he (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) says narrating the words of the tree and rock: “O Muslim! O ‘Abdullaah!” In this statement we see that the Manhaj of educational nurturing and rectification that is built upon the establishment and realization of Tawheed and servitude is the catalyst for the establishment of the Laws of Allaah on earth and in implementing an Islamic life modeling the Prophetic methodology. [3]

It is important to note that there are numerous unfounded narrations that are Da‘eef or declared weak. They are popular and are commonly circulated among all levels of society – the elite as well as the commoners. As such, it is our obligation to discuss them and indicate their erroneousness.

It has been narrated by Sa’ad in his Tabaqaat (422/7) and Al-Bazaar in his Musnad (137/4 – of az-Zawaaid) and Ibn Abee ‘Aasim in Al-Aahaad wal-Mathaani (2458) and others on the authority of Nuhaik bin Surayim As-Sakooni that the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“You will indeed battle the Mushrikeen (polytheist disbelievers) until the last of you fight the Dajjaal at a river in Jordan you will be on the east of it and they will be to the west of it.”

And the narrator said: “And I don’t know where Jordan Jordan will be on earth at that time.”

Its chain of narration is weak because in it is Muhammad bin Abaan Al Qurashy and Abu Daawood has declared him weak as did Ibn Ma‘een and Al-Bukhaaree and others.

Our Shaikh, al-‘Allaamah, al-Imaam, the knowledgeable ocean Abu ‘Abdir-Rahman Muhammad Naasir-ud-deen Al-Albaanee, may Allaah envelop him with His Divine Mercy, has recorded this hadeeth – showing its sources with detail – in his wondrous book, Silsilat-ul-ahadeeth ad-Da‘eefah (The Collection of Weak Hadeeths). Therein he has made clear its weakness. He (rahimahullaah) said:

“I have written this because of what has increased in the inquiries about it with regards to the Jews taking over the West bank from Jordan in the first of June of the year 1967. May Allaah curse them and humiliate them and purify the country from them and from their helpers.”

I say: Then I say Ameen in reiterating his du‘aa asking Allaah to show him mercy. I make it abundantly clear that the reason for authoring this article is due to what the Jews have placed upon our Muslim brothers in occupied Palestine. The murder, destitution and corruption have renewed in the last three months. Surely there is no avail or release from difficulty except with and from Allaah.

Footnotes:

[1] This is a type of thorny tree, which is known to them.

[2] Look into the book Basaa’ir Dhawi ash-Sharaf bi Sharhi Marwiyyaat-is-Salaf by our brother Shaikh Saleem Al Hilaalee (pg. 151-165).

[3] Look also into Madaarij-ul ‘Uboodiyyah min Hadyi Khair-il-Bariyyah (pg. 145-153) by our brother Shaikh Saleem al-Hilaalee.

my dear brother ali faraz.
    it makes me sad and frustrated plus very very super angry but patience is what Allah subhana wathala has stressed upon to have patience and pray to me for i will listen to you.
    when i listen to these news i just think in my mind that those who die in the way of Allah or tortured and all those things happening in palestine will be rewarded with the highest maqqam( place) in janna.so it kinda relives me.just pray and donate and hope Allah gives us more strength to help them.

Comment

Working...
    X