conceited people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conceited people

It was due to bcsm57's thread "end of world" that i looked thru the prophecies abt end of the World in Islam. this Hadith really scared me:

CONCEITED PEOPLE:

Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) has said, "Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim,

'We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the study of the Quraan.'

Then Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) asked the Sahaba, "Do you see any good in their claims?" The Sahaba replied, "No". Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said, "But these conceited claimants will be from my Ummah and will be the fuel of the Fire."
    Isn't it true that most of the ppl here on this forum, including me quote Quran and give the explaination of the Holy verses as if nobody else is more proficient in Quran than us?

Yes.

Comment

Jazakallah khair!

It's very true I guess...

------------------
      "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
      (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Working...
      X