Is This HAdith Authentic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This HAdith Authentic?

I cam across this interesting "Hadith" quoted by some member saying Muslim Conquest of India is preordained and will be complete before Judgement Day!!

Can't wait to Recite the Kalma!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>
    The latest conflict in Kashmir between the Mujahideen (those who fight in righteous jihaad) and India brings to mind the ahadeeth regarding the conquest of India prior to the day of Judgment.

Thawban, radhiAllaahu 'anhu (May Allah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam (May Allah's peace and blessing be upon him), said, "Two groups of my ummah Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with 'Isa b. Maryam, alayhis salaam (Jesus, May Peace be upon him)." [Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and at-Tabarani]

Na'im b. Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Hurayrah, radhiAllaahu 'anhu, said that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, mentioned India and said, "A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained - Allah having forgiven their sins - when they return back [from India], they will find Ibn Maryam in Syria."

While Abu Hurayrah said, "The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, promised us [the Muslims] the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Hurayrah the freed." [Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, and al-Hakim]

In another narration reported by Ahmad, Abu Hurayrah says, "I was told by my khalil (trans - beloved), the truthful and believed in, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, that there will be in this ummah an expedition sent to Sind and Hind (India) ..." The rest of the narration is the same but it has the following addition, "... then I will be released from the Hellfire." At-Tuwaijri remarks this addition explains what is meant by "the freed" above.

Historical background:

Ibn Kathir remarks in al-Bidaya wan-Nihaya, "The Muslims invaded India during the days of Mu'awiya in the year 44 A.H and [great] events transpired then. And [likewise] the mighty and magnificent King Mahmud b. Subuktikin the ruler of Ghazna invaded the lands of India at the turn of the fifth century. He entered India and killed, took captive, [and] enslaved [many]. He took [muc] booty. He entered as-Sumanat (*) and destroyed the great al-Budda which they worship and he stripped it of its jewlery. He then returned [to Ghazna] safe, [Divinely] aided, and victorious."

* as-Sumanat is a costal city where India's scholars, monks, and the idol al-Budda are found.

At-Tuwaijiri remarks that Ibn al-Athir has detailed the campaigns of Mahmud b. Subuktikin in his book al-Kamil fi t-Tarikh.

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<

My question is, since there are so many experts on this Board, can somebody tell us if this "Hadith" is authentic?

who ruled India before 1857?

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

>>who ruled India before 1857?<<

Moghuls AND Marathas AND SIkhs AND Afghans Others!!

Comment

First, this is not one hadiths.

Second, The translation matters and as you didn't provide the original text, one can never be sure.

Third, The so-called Mujahadeen are fighting for Kashmir not India, so who ever streched this hadiths to relate it to the Kashmir struggle is not only unfamiliar with the history of Kashmir struggle but also is totally oblivious to the concept of Jihad in Islam.
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by Satavahana:
          >>who ruled India before 1857?<<

Moghuls AND Marathas AND SIkhs AND Afghans Others!!
          would you mind giving names of Rulers of Bharat/Hindustan? the last name I know in chronology is of Bahadur Shah Zafar which was a Muslim. by the way whom did Mohammed Bin Qasim defeat? and who ruled after that war?

------------------

Comment

"the last name I know in chronology is of Bahadur Shah Zafar which was a Muslim"

What a joke!!!
            Bahadur Shah Zafar was the last MOghul, who didn't havve the spine to stand up to the British as far as I know.
            The Marathas were ruling the hinterland India(Parts of Deccan) an dI think Nizams some parts and some Hindu rulers further south.

The rebels went to Zafar in 1857 mutiny and tried to make him emperor but things didn't work out.

I don't know about the other one.

Comment

well, then you can call several rulers of India/Bharat/Hindustan as "Mogul", "Arab", or whatever race you consider them to fit in

------------------

Comment

Hai meri Andhera, is this what GS has done to you?

But don't worry the brilliance of your posts shines through whatever nick you choose and thus you are visible to us when not to others!

Your loyal fan!

*Just wondering, can GS implement a banning based on the IP rather than the nick?*

Comment

frogot to ask, what was Bahadur Shah Zafar's religion?

------------------

Comment

>>*Just wondering, can GS implement a banning based on the IP rather than the nick?*
                    <<

I guess it is illegal!!!

And Changez, the point I was trying to make was that India was a hodge-podge of independent "Kingdoms". Babur conquerd a lot and Humayun barely passed it on, but the only MOghuls who really RULED all India were Akbar, Jehangir and Shah Jahan.
                    Aurangzeb spent most of life fighting the Marathas in DEccan.

If it makes you feel good to think India is a "Hindu" country ruled ny "Muslims" please do so.
                    Pakistanis have enough troubles as it is, (what with Daisy Cutters and BOmbs in Mosques!! ) and deserve such harmless illusions to feel better!!!!

Comment

Na'im b. Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Hurayrah, radhiAllaahu 'anhu, said that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, mentioned India and said, "A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained - Allah having forgiven their sins - when they return back [from India], they will find Ibn Maryam in Syria."
                      Assalaam u 'Alaikum Muslims,

Ibn Maryam is Jesus (a.s). Thus, this hadeeth talks about an event that is yet to occur, Insha Allah.

------------------
                      When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way. (Holy Qur'an 2:186)

Comment

>>Thus, this hadeeth talks about an event that is yet to occur, Insha Allah.
                        <<

There you go Ahmedjee. See, some Muslims atleast seem to treat this Hadith as authentic and credible.

On the topic, are there any more of these 'Hadith'?

Like how Hindus should purify themselves after conversion or something!!

Comment

Ahmadjee, I saw some jehadis qoute the Prophet(SAW), "I hear a cool breeze blowing from Al-Hind." How authentic is it?

Comment

....And Changez, the point I was trying to make was that India was a hodge-podge of independent "Kingdoms". Babur conquerd a lot and Humayun barely passed it on, but the only MOghuls who really RULED all India were Akbar, Jehangir and Shah Jahan.
                            Aurangzeb spent most of life fighting the Marathas in DEccan.

Finally, you *admit* that some Muslim rulers did rule ALL of India at some point, and thats what I tried to convey

If it makes you feel good to think India is a "Hindu" country ruled ny "Muslims" please do so.

I don't have any problem/complexity of "Hindus ruled by Muslims" thing, I was just showing you a fact, a part of history, I don't feel proud on what happened in history.

Pakistanis have enough troubles as it is, (what with Daisy Cutters and BOmbs in Mosques!! ) and deserve such harmless illusions to feel better!!!!

Agreed. No place in world is problem/worry free. BTW where did you get information about "Daisy Cutters" in mosques? I know about "desi cutters" , you know what I mean.
                            ------------------

Comment

Nah.. I said Daisy Cutters AND BOmbs in Mosques.

Happens in Pakistan doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X