Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth reading...

Go on...read it

There was a little boy with a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, to hammer a nail in the back fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Then it gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one."

This story is called the "Fence." How many times do we say things in anger and haste not realizing that the affects of our words may scar others?

I want to take this one step further. How many times do we talk about people behind their backs believing that it is okay? Even our thoughts of anger, though not heard by man, can be heard by Allah Ta'ala. We must think before we act and choose our words carefully. The person who said, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" must have been living in a fantasy world! Words are a powerful tool.

It is reported that medically anger is not good; emotionally, it is damaging; socially, it creates bad feelings; and, religiously, it interferes with our relationship with Almighty Allah. But this does not mean that anger is totally forbidden or of no use to humanity. It is essential for man's protection of self and property. Without it, he would be a coward, a victim of any evil, thief or invader. Anger regarding food, clothing, home and personal safety is good and natural. The Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) at times got angry and his face became red, but he showed the middle way, which is the Islamic way of moderation with courage, manliness and excellent manner.

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited September 06, 2000).]

>>The Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) at times got angry and his face became red, but he showed the middle way, which is the Islamic way of moderation with courage, manliness and excellent manner.<<
    I always crack up when Pakistan start on about Allah the all fogiving and merciful and prophet the compassionate.
    All I could think of after reading this post is the beheaded Norweigian who came to India and was captured by Kashmiri terrorists.
    So you are advised to post this on Taliban website if they have one.

Comment

nice story GfQ...hope ppl take real lessons from it ..unlike andhra who failed to grasp the meaning and found another thread to vent his anger at Islam and Muslims...

By the way that norwegian could well have have been killed by indian security agencies to give bad press to kahmiri mujahideen and they succeeded....
      what could the kashmiris gain out of killing him.........??? think about it ...

Comment

>>what could the kashmiris gain out of killing him.........??? think about it ...<<

It is not the Kashmiris but terriorists who killed him and they did it to get World attention..... I don't think this is so hard to figure out. It is hard to figure out why people will kill others in the name of religion.

Comment

Indeed a good post gfq.

Comment

GFQ,

That truly is a post to think about, thanks very much.

Originally posted by Andhra:
            >>The Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) at times got angry and his face became red, but he showed the middle way, which is the Islamic way of moderation with courage, manliness and excellent manner.<<
            I always crack up when Pakistan start on about Allah the all fogiving and merciful and prophet the compassionate.

What is so amusing??
            Or are you just venting anti-muslim sentiments to cause trouble again???

[This message has been edited by Mariah (edited September 07, 2000).]

Comment

Excellent post, A girl from quresh. Keep up the good work.

your brother,
              Humble

Comment

Girl from Quraish. A very nice story indeed. As for the comments of Rani and Andhra, don't pay much heed to them. They will always bash Islam for they are jealous of us for being devout to our religion.
                It is hard for them to comprehend our emotions and it makes them boil and burn. The prophet (SAW) was the greatest of all the prophets and may peace and blessings be upon him and his Ummah, ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                  All I could think of after reading this post is the beheaded Norweigian who came to India and was captured by Kashmiri terrorists.
                  So you are advised to post this on Taliban website if they have one.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that Allah is the all forgiving and merciful?
                  Just because someone is born blind or died in a tragic way, that doesn’t make GOD cruel or harsh.

Now I have seen people here on GS saying how can Allah be compassionate and merciful cuz of this and that?

Have you ever thought for one second in your life time, that if GOD knew that you be disrespecting the Almighty like this but still gifted you with a soul? Why?

Why did Allah put that little brain of yours in your head, so you can think such things and doubt such things? Why?

There are Hindus, Jews, Christians, etc. Why not Allah just rip the life out of their hearts and leave them motionless or better make em all Muslims in a blink with out letting them a chance to find the truth for them self? Why?

Probably because of this:

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
                  "In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful."

It’s not Allah that’s fighting JIHAD. It’s not Allah coming down and cutting the heads of Kaffirs. It’s not Allah that has bombed building and etc…. The one who are doing it are humans just like your self and I. If you can’t defend what you believe in, then why believe at all?

Comment

The Prophet (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) at times got angry and his face became red, but he showed the middle way, which is the Islamic way of moderation with courage, manliness and excellent manner.

A very good post GfQ. A belated thank you for sharing.

Comment

very very good post .

Comment

thanks GFQ

Comment

Jazak Allahu Khair.

Comment

Working...
                          X