were can i download the quraan in english and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were can i download the quraan in english and

reading the quraan over and over gain in english is that the same thing as reading it over and over agin in arabic is it the same thing

HELP ME I WANT THE ENGLISH VERSION

Dear brother-

u may want to have a Quraan of ur own instead of downloading it b/c a book is much better than tons of loose sheets of paper.

Paperback Quraans are fairly inexpensive, they cost approximately $7. The most widely read English version of Quraan, is translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Or you can borrow from the library to read it, if u are just curious about Islaam. Either way, it is a very beautiful book and u will benefit from it Insha'Allah (by the will of Allah).

Translations cannot capture the beauty and meaning of the original works. Therefore, it is always recommended to read any work in its original language, thus the Quraan is also recommended to be read in Arabic. However, one can gain knowledge and benefit from reading something in a language one understands. I recommend that u read the Quraan in English and then later try to learn Fus-ha arabic to read God's word in its original language, to gain the full appreciation and benefit from the Quraan.

But we must start out with small steps in any endeavor so that we remain steady on the path. May the allmighty help us all in our quest for knowledge and keep us on the straight path. Ameen.

Comment

But we must start out with small steps in any endeavor so that we remain steady on the path. May the allmighty help us all in our quest for knowledge and keep us on the straight path. Ameen.
      Aameen.
      It's extremely difficult to add anything useful to Muni's excellent post; all I will say is that there are quite a few websites that provide free Islamic books to anyone requesting them. One is Islam Unveiled; e-mail them at: [email protected] for a book from their list, including an English translation of the Quran. They are very good at responding immediately. Alternatively, if there is an Islamic center in your area (and since you live in England I think there should be several), some of them should have a library free for anyone to search through.

Best of luck, Suhaib.

------------------
      Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest ~ XIII.28

Comment

You should definitely have a Quran in the shape of a book. But I think it is very convenient to have a PDF version of the Quran on your computer. I have it, and I can jump to any chapter in the Quran by a mere click of the mouse. So, I would suggest all guppies here to go to the following site, scroll to the bottom, and download the PDF version of Yusuf Ali's translation of the Quran titled "Meanings of the Holy Qur’an" (you will ofcourse need Adobe Acrobat to run the PDF file, it is available freely from www.adobe.com) :

http://students.washington.edu/ramee...uran/quran.htm

One more great thing about this is that you can search for any word in the document by pressing Ctrl+F (Ctrl and F simultaneously), this is very useful since I can easily search for keywords that I may have in my mind.

Also, here is another link to a program called QuranTrans which provides all three translations by Yusuf Ali, Shakir and Picthall simultaneously. You can jump to any verse in the Quran by merely pressing their reference numbers. Download QuranTrans 2.0 from this link:

http://www.shasoftindia.com/quran-software/

[This message has been edited by sallu123 (edited June 05, 2002).]
        "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

T H E Q U R A N I C N E T W O R K <<< You can read the Quran online by different translators.

Downloadable Quran

------------------
          "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
          (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited June 05, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
          X