I am always disappointed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am always disappointed...

whenever I visit Religion forum. This is because we try to address an issue with whatever little knowledge we have without realising what direction this discussion can take with our argument...and in some cases I have seen how people just change sides while discussing the same issue...which clearly indicates their lack of knowledge on that issue.

The other thing I have noticed is that people start bashing each others beliefs...my question to all those people is, Do they know what they really believe in?
    Ofcourse there is always a decent way of communicating your point of view without creating an atmosphere of angry disputes.

I dont know why I am writing this, but just wanted you all to know how it hurts to see people interpreting Quran and Hadith the way they like it to be...Please, do not make fun of our 'deen'...first try to understand it in its entirety before questioning it.

Lastly, I think one should try to find answers to his questions by his own research in Quran and Hadith...if someone tells you something (even if he is an Aalim) you are not supposed to blindly follow him...what if he has told you is wrong (deliberately or out of ignorance)...you cant hold him accountable on the day of judgement for what you have done (based on what he told you to do)...everyone is responsible for his own doings...and I think one must try hard to get answers to his questions by himself, but ofcourse he can seek help from others.

May Allah help us better understand this great 'Deen'...Aameen!

Originally posted by pumpkin:
    I dont know why I am writing this, but just wanted you all to know how it hurts to see people interpreting Quran and Hadith the way they like it to be...Please, do not make fun of our 'deen'...first try to understand it in its entirety before questioning it.

You cannot simply put aside your bias.

(bias = influence of your parents on your belief + what you were taught in childhoon + group/sect/imam you follow + your preset mind .... may be something more)

People will interpret Quran / Sunnah as they "percieve" it, not only to accomodate or fit it into their belief system/aqeeda. May be their belief/aqeeda is different because they perceived it different from others.
    [/B]
    but I do agree with not bashing others faith, beliefs. people usually get emotional when they fail to convince other (convincing is the rarest or probably non-existent phenomena seen on this forum at least). we are supposed to 'convey' our message/belief not 'mount', or impose on others.

our discussions should be discussions not arguments (for sake of argument)/fighting.

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Working...
    X