Did Jesus AH really live 120 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Jesus AH really live 120 years?

In another thread, ahmadjee shared his (and Ahmadi belief to some extent) belief about Hazrat Isa AH (Jesus).

In that thread he said:
    ".....He gave them his final teachings and in the middle of the night migrated to the other tribes of Israel. Lived for many years afterwards and fulfilled his duties in warning and preaching the entire of Israel his gospel and afterwards died a natural death like all prophets before and after him."

Why would Essa AH live anonymous life? Why did he not tell the world after supposed crucifixion that he is a messenger of Allah SWT? If he had lived, he would have claimed his messenger being and be known to world and not live like a sufi/saint.

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Forget about how long he lived. Why not first figure out how he was born? Ain’t non-common things possible? Like taking a pony ride to heaven, or taking a dingy with the animals? You see, what I am saying is that prophets have funny ways about them. You shouldn’t question what they do or don’t.

Comment

I haven't seen a fruitful/informative post from you yet . If you can contribute positively you are welcome, otherwise you'll be ignored.

------------------

Comment

You think I come here to show you my fruit? You are dreaming. and Please ignore me by all means, caz god save me from your stupidity. ameen.

Comment

Maybe jesus hid his identity as the messenger, because he did not want to get into trouble again the way he did in Jerusalem. There is some evidence that the Roman had trade links as far as Kazakhstan and beyond. It is possible that the word of another Messiah might reach them again. His fears may have been unfounded, but he might have been weary enough of the Romans, local leaders, and local priests to know not to be overly outgoing. Although this does not mean he stopped preaching, it is possible he did not make any claims...

Comment

Why would PROPHET / MESSENGER hide his identity and not tell people that he is a Messenger of Allah SWT? "afraid of death", "afraid of persecution" is not a reason for Prophets. Are there any other prophets who have done such?

------------------

Comment

Changeez…does Hijra ring a bell?

Comment

It's a matter of faith. If jesus could be born via immaculate conception, then why can't he live 120 years?

You knuckleheads crack me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaltahai:
                  It's a matter of faith. If jesus could be born via immaculate conception, then why can't he live 120 years?

You knuckleheads crack me up!!!
                  read the whole thread before feeling cracked up

NY Ahmedi: When a prophet migrates, does it mean that he isn't a prophet anymore? He has to hide his ID? He gave up prophethood?

I do not have a problem if Hazrat Isa AH migrated, but if he had, history would tell us that but the history stops right there. and there is no mention of Hazrat Isa AH traveling to other tribes in Quran as well.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                    Why would PROPHET / MESSENGER hide his identity and not tell people that he is a Messenger of Allah SWT? "afraid of death", "afraid of persecution" is not a reason for Prophets. Are there any other prophets who have done such?

I like to think that jesus was a practical Human being... He had the fear of death and the fear of God just like anyone else. Thats why he prayed to be delivered from the cross... Because he was afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
                      I like to think that jesus was a practical Human being... He had the fear of death and the fear of God just like anyone else. Thats why he prayed to be delivered from the cross... Because he was afraid.
                      Can you elaborate on "prayed to be delivered" with references please?

As per ahmedjee, the concept of trinity was invented in Hazrat Isa AH's lifetime but he didn't know and so couldn't do anything about it. If such an innovation in his preaching couldn't reach the area where Hazrat Isa AH moved to then why would he be afraid of telling people that he was Allah SWT's messenger

Another point: Ahmedjee said that he migrated towards other Jewish tribes, how in the world would other tribes know of Hazrat Isa AH if he were to hide his identity as a messenger/prophet?

------------------

Comment

As per ahmedjee, the concept of trinity was invented in Hazrat Isa AH's lifetime but he didn't know and so couldn't do anything about it. If such an innovation in his preaching couldn't reach the area where Hazrat Isa AH moved to then why would he be afraid of telling people that he was Allah SWT's messenger

Another point: Ahmedjee said that he migrated towards other Jewish tribes, how in the world would other tribes know of Hazrat Isa AH if he were to hide his identity as a messenger/prophet?

No I dont have referances, Im just going by my own oppinion, you welcome to ignore them if you want. Remember, even references have to be created by someone before they can be used. Im just assuming that Jesus was a typical human aspects despite being a prophet, with fears and hopes just like everyone else...

Comment

Well, perhaps he taught them without explicitly saying that he was the messiah. You can reform a people without being divine.

Comment

for MUSLIMS, no Jesus (as) did not live 120 years....

for AHMEDIS, i dont know how many years of life u added for him, but its none of a concern for me or any Muslim....

------------------
                            "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Hey amnything is possible...one could claim Jesus is hibernating on the moon. However according to the bible and Islamic tradition Jesus was uplifted at the age of 33. He preached for only 3 years and his name or identity never sufaced anywhere in the world in any historical texts again.

Comment

Working...
                              X