• Show
Clear All

Signs of Allah

I read this on www.islamcan.com
    Thought to share it with you guys, Let me know your thoughts

SubhanAllah

Signs of Allah in Ants Part 1
    1/11/2002
    Examining the movement of the ant is thought provoking. It moves its infinitesimal legs in a sequential and extremely organised manner knowing perfectly which leg should take the first step and which the next. It moves very rapidly without faltering.

Signs of Allah in Ants Part 2
    1/11/2002
    The Ant lifts crumbs much bigger than its body. It carries them to its nest with heart and soul. It travels distances that are very long in comparison to its tiny body. On featureless land, with no guide at its service, it can easily find its nest. Despite the entrance of the nest being too small even for us to find, it is not confused and finds it no matter where it is.

Signs of Allah in Butterflies
    1/11/2002
    Butterflies, for example, are very aesthetically pleasing creatures. With the symmetry and design of their lace-like wings which are extremely precise as if drawn by hand their harmonious, phosphorescent colours, butterflies are evidence of Allah's unequalled art and superior power of creation.

Signs of Allah in Oceans and Lands
    1/11/2002

The great quantity of water in the seas makes our earth habitable. If the proportion of sea to land on the earth were smaller, then lands would turn into deserts and life would be impossible.

A conscientious person who thinks about these matters is completely convinced that the establishment of such a perfect balance on the earth is surely not a coincidence. Seeing and thinking about all these shows that a Creator Who is exalted and the owner of eternal power created everything for a purpose.

And He has made everything in the heavens and everything on the earth subservient to you. It is all from Him. There are certainly Signs in that for people who reflect. (Surat al-Jathiyya: 13).

Signs of Allah in Plants
    1/11/2002
    We see trees everyday and everywhere; however, have you ever thought how water reaches the farthest leaf on the top branch of a lofty tree? We can have a better understanding of the extraordinary nature of this by way of a comparison. It is impossible for the water in a tank in the basement of your building to climb to higher floors without a hydrophoric tank or some other powerful engine. You cannot pump water even to the first floor. Therefore, there should also be in trees a pumping system similar to the hydrophoric engine. Otherwise, since water would not be able to reach the trunk of the tree and the branches, trees would soon die.Allah has created each tree with all the necessary equipment. Moreover, the hydraulic system in many trees is too superior to be compared to the building in which one lives.

Signs of Allah in Roses
    1/11/2002
    A rose, for instance, has a strong and constant ever-changing smell. Even with the latest technology, scientists cannot develop an exact match of the smell of the rose. Laboratory research to imitate this smell has not yielded satisfactory results. Smells produced based on the scent of the rose are generally heavy and disturbing. However, the original scent of the rose does not disturb. "It is as Allah wills, there is no strength but in Allah" (Surat al-Kahf: 39).

Signs of Allah in a fly
    1/11/2002
    The fly flaps it wings approximately 500 times per second while flying. In fact, no man-made machine could operate at such a rate, but would shatter and burn because of friction. However, neither the wings, muscles, nor the joints of the fly are harmed. Taking into account the direction and speed of the wind, it can fly in any direction without being diverted. Even with our current technology, man is very distant from producing a device with these extraordinary features and techniques of flight. Yet such an insignificant living being, which man brushes aside and pays no attention to, achieves something remarkable that man so far has been unable to achieve. Allah has given the fly all its outstanding characteristics and abilities.

Signs of Allah in a spider
    1/11/2002
    As a man cleans his house, he might see a spider that has woven its web in a corner of the house. If he realises that he ought to think about this creature which is normally of no importance to anyone, he will see new doors being opened for him. This tiny insect he sees before him is a miracle of design. There is perfect symmetry in the web the spider has woven. If, by any chance, he wonders how a tiny spider could achieve such astonishingly perfect design, and if he makes quick research, he will encounter some other extraordinary facts: the thread a spider uses is thirty percent more flexible than a rubber thread of the same thickness. The thread the spider produces is of such a superior quality that men use it as a model for the manufacture of bullet-proof vests.

Signs of Allah in body growth
    1/11/2002
    Our eyelashes, eyebrows, bones and teeth stop growing when they reach a certain length. However, hair does not stop growing. In other words, whereas those body parts the growth of which will be disadvantageous and unsightly stop growing, hair, the growth of which is aesthetically pleasing, keeps on growing. Besides that, there is perfect harmony and proportion in the growth of bones. For example the bones of the upper human limbs do not grow unnecessarily long leaving the body relatively undersized. Their growth comes to a halt just in time as if each knows how long it should grow. Who placed just as much as is necessary of hormones and enzymes in the body thus determining the growth of everything?

Signs of Allah in the colourful nature
    1/11/2002
    It is a favour from our Lord that we live in a vibrant multi-coloured world. Every colour we see in nature, the perfect harmony of living beings' colours are all signs of the matchless art and unique creation of Allah. The colours of a flower, or a bird and the harmony of these colours or the soft interplay between colours, the fact that nothing disturbs our eyes in nature, that, for instance, the colours of the seas, the sky, and the trees are in tones that give us peace and do not exhaust our eyes, show the perfection of Allah's creation. Reflecting on all these, we come to understand that everything we see around us is a work of the infinite knowledge and omnipotence of Allah.

Signs of Allah in dreams
    1/11/2002

There are important purposes in dreams for someone who reflects. Such a person thinks about how "realistic" the dreams are that he sees while asleep, which in that way are no different in their realism from the moment he awakes. For instance, despite one person's body lying on the bed, in dream he went on business trips, met new people, and had lunch while listening to music. He enjoyed the taste of his meal, danced to the music, became excited because of the incidents that happened, became happy and unhappy, was afraid and felt tired. He could even have driven a vehicle that he had not previously driven until that day and did not even know how to drive.

So, you can experience, see, touch, hear and taste things that are not only real but also things that are unreal.

Signs of Allah in our sleeping
    1/11/2002
    Our being able to wake up in the morning is a great miracle. Despite having lost consciousness entirely, in the morning we recover consciousness and our personalities. The heart beats, we are able to breathe, talk and see. In fact, when we go to sleep, there is no guarantee that these favours will be returned to us in the morning. Nor have we met any disasters during the night. For example, the absent-mindedness of a neighbour could cause a gas leakage and great explosion during the night could have woken us. A catastrophe could have occurred in the region where we lived and we could have lost our lives. Thinking on all of this, we thank Allah for His mercy and protection.

...My Lord, keep me thankful for the blessing You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and keep me acting rightly, pleasing You, and admit me, by Your mercy, among Your righteous slaves. (Surat an-Naml: 19)

Signs of Allah in our Senses
    1/11/2002
    Atoms are inanimate beings. How, then, can inanimate substances such as atoms come together and form animate human beings capable of seeing, hearing, interpreting what they hear, enjoying the music to which they listen, thinking, making decisions, being happy or miserable? How could man acquire such traits making him totally different from other conglomerates of atoms?

Certainly, inanimate and unconscious atoms cannot give human beings these human qualities. It is clear that Allah creates man with a spirit endowed with such characteristics. This reminds one of a verse of Allah:

He Who has created all things in the best possible way. He commenced the creation of man from clay; then produced his seed from an extract of base fluid; then formed him and breathed His Spirit into him and gave you hearing, sight, and hearts. What little thanks you show! (Surat as-Sajda: 7-9)

Signs of Allah in the systems of the Universe
    1/11/2002

The planet and the whole universe in which we live bear all the properties necessary for our lives. Someone who thinks about this will see clearly that Allah created the whole universe for us

Man, for example, can breathe effortlessly all the time. The air he inhales neither burns his nasal passages nor makes him dizzy nor causes headaches. The proportion of the gases in air is designed with the amounts that are most suitable for the human body.

If the oxygen concentration in the atmosphere were a little more or a little less than at present, in both cases life would vanish. He then remembers what a hard time he has in breathing in airless places. As a believing person continues to think on this subject, he constantly gives thanks to his Lord.

Signs of Allah in leaves
    1/11/2002
    Bright green and living leaves growing out of the dry wood of a branch, water reaching the threadlike veins of the leaves at heights of many metres, the leaves not drying out under the burning sun... these are only a few of the numerous subjects about which trees make one think.

Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Thanks Nia

Comment

hmm.... i dont know.

An uncle of a friend of mine went to see an imam to ask him to prove the existence of allah.

The imam said look at the birth of a baby.

The guy is now an apostate.

I'd explain how to prove the existence, but its better done in person. too much to write, and because there is no interaction it gets difficult.

Comment

To mention a few:

Sufferings of Afghan people?
        Displacement of Kashmiri pandits?
        Sectarian killings in Pakistan?
        Communal riots in India?

Aren't they acts of Allah as well?

Comment

Thanks for sharing nia.

Comment

Mr. Kumarakn, this wordly life is supposed to be a trial from God, not a luxury vacation!! Both good and evil comes by the will of Allah, He tries people in both prosperity and adversity.

If Islam was studied properly then you would realize that the Quran gives lessons upon lessons about patience on the part of faithful people which led to reward. Joseph was thrown in prison for years, yet he never turned away from God, and Allah made him a ruler of the entire kingdom of Egypt. Jacob, his father, became blind due to his longing for his son but never gave up hope in Allah, and was rewarded in the end by not only being united with his long lost son but also regaining his sight.

Only a faithless person will give up hope. Consequently, in the US, which has shown the greatest materialistic progress while giving its citizens numerous rights, almost 60 percent of the population consult psychiatrists. Yet, amazingly in modern psychology, there is no study of the human soul. Sweden and Switzerland, who provide the most welfare to their citizens, also have the highest suicide rates. Hence, man is not necessarily content with material well being and needs something more.

And by the way, on the Day of Judgment you will see that the people who suffered the most (Afghanis, Kahsmiris etc) but kept their trust in Allah by keeping to His orders, then these people will be rewarded much more than us common folks, infact u will be wishing that u were in their places in this world. This world passes in a jiffy, better spend this life looking for the right path than wasting it in merely striving for worldly gains, after all u won't be able to take ur money to ur grave.

The misfortunes a believer in God suffers become an expiation of his sins. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, “Any trouble, illness, worry, grief, hurt or sorrow that afflicts a Muslim, even the prick of a thorn, will be a means by which God forgives some of his (minor) sins.”
            "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

http://www.viewislam.com/jokes/joke2.htm

How can you really know if you are doing well? Some people believe that pleasant material circumstances are a sign of God’s favor upon a person. The Quran declares this idea to be a shallow misunderstanding:

“When a human being is tried by his Lord, giving him honor and gifts, he says (exultantly), ‘My Lord has honored me.’ But when He tries him by restricting his subsistence for him, he says (in despair), ‘My Lord has humiliated me!’ Not so.”(89:15-17)

The ultimate meaning of every good and bad circumstance is that it is a test from God:

“I test you by evil and by good as a trial. To Me you must return.” (21:35)

On one level, every negative circumstance is retribution for a previous act of disobedience to God:

“Whatever misfortune happens to you is because of what you have earned with your own hands, and He forgives much.” (42:30)

But misfortune may be a favor in disguise, a wakeup call that causes a person to re-examine his or her life and make changes:

“And indeed I will make them taste a portion of the lesser Penalty (of this life) before the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return.” (32:21)

The misfortunes a believer in God suffers become an expiation of his sins. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, “Any trouble, illness, worry, grief, hurt or sorrow that afflicts a Muslim, even the prick of a thorn, will be a means by which God forgives some of his (minor) sins.”

On the other hand, because a person currently enjoys wealth, good health, high status, etc. does not necessarily mean that God loves him. A person who puts cheese in a mousetrap doesn’t do so out of love of the mouse. Sometimes when people turn their backs on God He may give them everything they want - for a while:

“But when they forgot (the warning) they had received, I opened for them the gates of every (pleasant) thing, until, in the midst of their enjoyment of what they had been given, all of a sudden, I seized them, and they were plunged into despair.” (6:44)

This doesn’t mean that enjoyment of the good of this world is a sign of bad standing with God:

“Say: Who has forbidden the beautiful (gifts) of God, which He has produced for His servants, and the things, clean and pure, (which He has provided) for sustenance? Say: They are, in the life of this world, for those who believe, (and) purely for them on the Day of Judgment. Thus do I explain the Signs in detail for those who understand.” (7:32)

When Prophet Solomon was granted a blessing in the form of a miracle, he said,

“This is by the grace of my Lord to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of All Needs, Generous!” (27:40)

The ancient Greeks used to say that you couldn’t judge a person to have been fortunate until his life was over. They were half right, but the only criteria they had for judgment were worldly ones: Did he die without losing his children, his wealth, his status, his dignity, etc.

The Qur’an provides another criterion for judging success. Allah (God) said:

“Every soul will taste of death, and only on the Day of Judgment will you be paid your full recompense. So whoever is diverted from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have succeeded, for the life of this world is only deceptive comfort.” (3:185)
              "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

My suggestion to u Mr. Kumarakn is to either read the Quran, or if it doesn't convince u right now then keep it in ur closet, perhaps when a calamity strikes u then may be u will pick the Quran up and see, it will be like magic words that describe ur situation, where u made the mistake, and how to come out of it. Trust me, keep it and one day it may soften ur heart and open it up for the ultimate truth: Allah.

Comment

Working...
                X