X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind Tangled In Doubts?

Fwd'ing

BISMILLAH.
    Assalamu' Alaikum Wa Rehmatullahi' Wa Barakatuhu'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you sometimes have doubts about Islam? About your faith? About Allah? Your mind suddenly wanders and then you don't know whether or not Islam is the right path for you?

Part of the Satan's plan to mislead humankind is to shake humans' faith by confusing them with doubts and suspicions. The Prophet (peace be upon him) warned us about some of those doubts.

'Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Satan comes to you and says, 'Who created such and such?' repeatedly, until he asks, 'Who created your Lord?' So when he inspires such a thought, one should seek refuge in Allah and turn away from such thoughts. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Muslim)

Even the Companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were not safe from such thoughts occurring to them. It is narrated in Sahih al-Muslim that some of them went to the Prophet (peace be upon him) to complain about the notions that kept creeping into their minds.

Some people came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said, 'We find in our mind great things that we cannot dare talk about!'

Prophet asked them, 'Does it really occur to you?'

They said, 'Yes.'

The Prophet replied, 'This is the clear faith.' [He meant by the latter statement that to reject and dislike such thoughts and whispers from Satan, to consider such thoughts a grave matter ( just as his companions felt) is part of the clear and true faith.]

It is the Satan who casts doubts in the believer's mind and it is "Allah (SWT) who rejects the orders of the evil whispers". (Abu Dawood)

It is incumbent upon every Muslim to ask for Allah's forgiveness and to struggle to get rid of such thoughts. A good way to avoid getting such thoughts in one's mind is to keep oneself in the company of good and virtuous people.

May Allah (SWT) make our faith firm and make us successful in this World and the World Hereafter (Ameen).

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)
Working...
X