Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Jesus (as) ...

when he was crucified?

My Belief: Jesus (as) was the one who was nailed to the cross not some other human being. Allah told him of this painful affliction that the Jews will put onto him. And he prayed that he be not put through this test. In return Allah answered to his prayers and promised him that he will be saved, as Allah never forsake HIS prophets.

So, when the Romans came to get Jesus (as) and his disciples wanted to resist, he forbade them, and gave himself up, as he believed in his Allah and the promise HE made to him! Later Jesus (as) argued about his teachings in front of the high court though they still frame him for blasphemy and sentenced him to crucifixion.

He was put to cross the night before Sabbath along with two others. He fell unconscious due to pain but was still alive. Due to the day of Sabbath he was taken off the cross after a few hours. His bones were not broken, a common punishment for those who were crucified but a Roman soldier did stab him with a spear. Blood rushed out .. that indicates that his heart was still beating.

Jesus (as) was taken to tomb for three days and was treated for his wounds. After three days he came out and visited his disciples secretly where he showed them his wounds and told them that he is the same Jesus and Allah has saved him from the cross. He gave them his final teachings and in the middle of the night migrated to the other tribes of Israel. Lived for many years afterwards and fulfilled his duties in warning and preaching the entire of Israel his gospel and afterwards died a natural death like all prophets before and after him.

Note: I do not intend to debate it. My intentions of opening this thread are to share my belief as many seem to be confused about it. And also let others share their part of the story. If you want to argue about it open another thread and argue all you want to.

Disclaimer: The above mentioned is my personal belief and should not be taken for the official voice of Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam.

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited May 29, 2002).]
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

well its no surprise....
    never expected ahmadis to have beliefs same as Muslims....

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

I was hoping someone will come and expalin their part of the story ... please!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

ahmadjee, i am confused with the disclaimer. what u really want to say?

You don't agree with Ahmadiya beliefs or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
          ahmadjee, i am confused with the disclaimer. what u really want to say?

You don't agree with Ahmadiya beliefs or something else?
          I think he means that some of what he says may be inaccurate and may be used to define the entire Ahmedi Community, which already has a bad enough name. He just doesn;t want to add to their misery... But I think most of what he is saying is correct..

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
            I was hoping someone will come and expalin their part of the story ... please!
            I guess the majority are of this view:

"That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah":- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-"

Holy Quran 4:157

"Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-"

Holy Quran 4:158

Comment

Originally posted by *Khairun Nisa*:
              I guess the majority are of this view:

"That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah":- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-"

Holy Quran 4:157

"Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-"

Holy Quran 4:158
              -ditto-

Comment

so as sister khairunnisa has explained Jesus (as) was put on the cross, is thought to be dead by JEWS but Allah explains in the Quran that He has raised Jesus(as) to the heavens and he was not killed as Jews claim....

and then the story of Jesus(as) living after the event and dying in Kashmir is a man's word (namely Ahmed Qadyani) so shud we put his words before Allah's word and believe in ur story????

what i fail to understand is whay made Ahmed Qadyani so optimistic that his fantasy wud gain popularity even when the world's two biggest religions (ISlam and Christianity) have a clear description of what happened to Jesus(as)....

but i guess some ppl wud buy anything....
                Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

[This message has been edited by naik shareef (edited May 31, 2002).]

Comment

*Khairun Nisa*,

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it. Maybe you can further it a little ...

Was Jesus put to cross or was it someone else? If it was him then did he survive the crucifixion or then was raised to heaven? If he wasn't the one put to cross then who was? And did that particular person died on the cross while Jesus (as) was raised to heaven?

For all: If you chose to do so, you can quote Quran, Bible or any other book to back your claim. But for my own convenience I would first like a precise paragraph on what you really believed happened. It makes it much easier to follow the reasoning! Thanks.

Khan_Sahib,

I am in no way shape or form the official voice of Ahmadiyyat. So, my words should not be taken anything more than my personal belief. That's what the disclaimer states.

For example, you are a guppy and you understand the policies of gupshup in a certain way. Being a guppy you can tell others about them, but you are not the official voice of gupshup (neither am I), its the Administrators who reserve that right!
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                      *Khairun Nisa*,

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it. Maybe you can further it a little ...

Was Jesus put to cross or was it someone else? If it was him then did he survive the crucifixion or then was raised to heaven? If he wasn't the one put to cross then who was? And did that particular person died on the cross while Jesus (as) was raised to heaven?
                      Ahmadjee, for me, the stated verses seem to be self-explanatory. For the purpose of whether or not Jesus was crucified/killed, it answers the question. I do not believe Jesus died.

As for the "hows" and "whats" (whether the person crucified was similar in looks to Jesus - that would account for a lot of the confusion - or whether he was "saved" through other means or what "raised to heaven" means and which heaven; obviously it can't have been the heaven "achieved" after death), I'm not qualified in exegesis nor in history to be able to give an exact account of what occurred. And frankly, I don't think this "account" is necessary for my faith in Jesus' prophethood and his miraculous birth, as testified in the Qur'an.

Allahu A'lam

Comment

*Khairun Nisa*,

Fair enough and I understand your reasoning.
                        I don't think this "account" is necessary for my faith in Jesus' prophethood and his miraculous birth, as testified in the Qur'an.
                        Indeed, though the 'account' is important if you have the faith in his second coming.
                        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                        X