Blasphemy accused awarded death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think thats totally wong and thats my Opinion and I think PPl who contributed towards this decision will be held responsible at judgment day for it!! :sad:

Holy prophet(pbuh) would have never allowed it if he was alive, neither does Islam. holy prophet was so humane that he visited the ailing lady who used to throw garbage on him after she got sick and could not throw garbage on him. How can muslims commit such act in the name of such holy name and Islam. http://www.dawn-usa.com/pak/

From Our Correspondent
    MULTAN–A Sessions Court headed by Bahadar Ali Khan awarded death sentence to a blasphemy accused Idrees Rabbani here on Thursday. The accused will also have to undergo 10-year rigorous imprisonment and pay a fine of Rs 50,000 and in case of non-payment, he will face a further prison of six months.
    According to prosecution, the accused started preaching his un-Islamic views in 1998. He publicly said that he does not believe in the travel of Miraj by the Prophet (PBUH) while he also misled the people about prayers. Namaz-i-Janaza, sacrifice on Eidul Azha and recitation of Kalma Sharif. The prosecution further said that the accused also used inappropriate words about the Mohaddiseen (scholars of Hadith).
    It may be mentioned here that a blasphemy case under Sections 295(A), 295(C) had been registered against Idrees Rabbani on November 11, 2001 in which Anees Rohani was the complainant while Mohammad Saleem Qadri, Mohammad Ilyas, Asghar Ali Shah, Shahid Raza, Abdul Hameed and Mohammad Yousaf appeared before the court as witnesses.
    The court found Idrees Rabbani guilty and sentenced him to death, 10-year imprisonment and Rs 50,000 fine.

Such persecution in the name of religion that triumphs tolerance like no other religion in the whole world. And in the name of the Holy Prophet (saw) who's sunnah of forgiveness is unmatched for eternity.

Ignorance may end up being a curse for our nation.
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

So what is new? I think Dr. Yunus Sheik is still languishing in Jail on death row. Cowasjee has written couple of columns on the blasphemy laws in Pakistan, and cited the number of people who have have been persecuted under it. I do not remember the exact number but it was large (somewhere between a 1000 to 3000 is what I remember). Tolerance is not Pakistan's strength at the moment.
      Anyone knows who or what sect is bearing the brunt of the blasphemy laws?

[This message has been edited by OldLahori (edited May 31, 2002).]

Comment

I thought "Blasphemy Law" only was to 'protect' the sacredness of Quran and Holy Prophet PBUH, but from what is posted it looks like we are defending the 'sacredness' of Mohadisseen, Miraj-e-Nabvi etc as well.

Does anyone have full version of Blasphemy Law?

------------------
        May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited May 31, 2002).]

Comment

And the pathetic thing is still ppl want to follow those crappy Mullahs and say prayers after them whose hands r red blooded with innocent ppl's murder in the name of hijacked Islam(actually not Islam).

Now most of the ppl will not voice thier concern, as it relates to Ahmadi's only, which shows thier hatred and ignorance towards muslim brethren and also lack of humanity and Islamism.thats why muslims r being humiliated throughout the world because of these shameful acts towards the minorities. thats all i have to say.

Comment

Offenses relating to religion: Pakistan

Penal code
            295-B
            Defiling, etc, of copy of Holy Quran. Whoever will fully defiles, damages or desecrates a copy of the Holy Quran or of an extract therefrom or uses it in any derogatory manner or for any unlawful purpose shall be punishable for imprisonment for life.
            295-C
            Use of derogatory remarks, etc; in respect of the Holy Prophet. Whoever by words, either spoken or written or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine.
            298-A
            Use of derogatory remarks, etc..., in respect of holy personages. Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo or insinuation, directly or indirectly defiles a sacred name of any wife (Ummul Mumineen), or members of the family (Ahle-bait), of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), or any of the righteous caliphs (Khulafa-e-Rashideen) or companions (Sahaaba) of the Holy Prophet description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
            298-B
            Misuse of epithet, descriptions and titles, etc. Reserved for certain holy personages or places.
            Any person of the Qadiani group or the Lahori group (who call themselves Ahmadis or by any other name) who by words, either spoken or written or by visible representation:
            refers to or addresses, any person, other than a Caliph or companion of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), as "Ameerul Momneen", "Khalifat-ul-Momneen", "Khalifat-ul-Muslimeen", "Sahaabi" or "Razi Allah Anho";

Refers to or addresses, any person, other than a wife of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), as Ummul-Mumineen;

refers to, or addresses, any person, other than a member of the family (Ahle-Bait) of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), as Ahle-Bait; or

refers to, or names, or calls, his place of worship as Masjid;

shall be punished with imprisonment or either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Any person of the Qadiani group or Lahore group, (who call themselves Ahmadis or by any other names), who by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representations, refers to the mode or from of call to prayers followed by his faith as "Azan" or redites Azan as used by the Muslims, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.
            298-C
            Persons of Qadiani group, etc, calling himself a Muslim or preaching or propagating his faith. Any person of the Qadiani group or the Lahori group (who call themselves Ahmadis or any other name), who directly or indirectly, posses himself as a Muslim, or calls, or refers to, his faith as Islam, or preaches or propagates his faith, or invites others to accept his faith, by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation or in any manner whatsoever outrages the religious feelings of Muslims, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.
            [This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited May 31, 2002).]
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I think such people should be led out of the country, in case they dont stop their nonsense..

in other view, they should be sentenced to death as punishment and a sign of terror that ISLAM is not a relegion to play with your own ideas.

on other note, if you do not agree with islamic teachings and stuff, stop calling yorself Muslim, declare ur self non-Muslim and do not interfere in Muslims stuff..

thats the best solution, why to play with the fire, if u knw it will hurt u..

Rest Allah knows better.

------------------
              Khush naseeb insaan woh hai jo apne naseeb per khush rahay.

ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻝﻮﺳ ﺮﻟﺍ ﺪﻤﺤﻣ ﻪﻠﻠﻟﺍ ﻪﻟﺍ ﻻ

Comment

Say this three times and forget about reality:

"Islam is a toelrant religon"

Comment

Originally posted by FlameZz:
                  I think such people should be led out of the country, in case they dont stop their nonsense..

in other view, they should be sentenced to death as punishment and a sign of terror that ISLAM is not a relegion to play with your own ideas.
                  The irony of the situation is that people call themselves 'Ahlay Sunat', though their ideology is totally aganist the Sunnat of the Holy Prophet (saw)
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyC:

say 100 times that u r a tolerant guy and lets see what u will do when someone abuses ur mother!!!!

Muhammad (pbuh) means more to Muslims than anyone else....
                    i can as a Muslims tolerate u saying anything to me....
                    i personally wont say anything to u even if u curse my parents or my whole family....
                    but one word against the Prophet and i cut ur head off....
                    cuz I AM TOLERANT but not BE-GHAIRAT (try finding some english word for it)....

------------------
                    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyC:

What is this hang up you have against Muslims? If you dont know anyhting about our faith, why do you bother to post?

Comment

can some one please enlighten me

"where does Quran or Sunnah dictate death penalty for so called Blasphemy as depicted in the above law
                        before getting emotional??"

And yes tolerance is better than begharti of saying prayers behind thoes mullah's who abuse and kill innocent ppl in the name of these Blasphemous laws!

Comment

Working...
                        X