What Does Islam Say About War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Does Islam Say About War?

this subject about war in the context present tensions between india and pakistan.
    http://www.discoverislam.com/23.html

and gita about war

O Arjuna, the Atma that dwells in the body of all (beings) is eternally indestructible. Therefore, you should not mourn for any body. (2.30)

Considering also your duty as a warrior you should not waver. Because there is nothing more auspicious for a warrior than a righteous war. (2.31)

Only the fortunate warriors, O Arjuna, get such an opportunity for an unsought war that is like an open door to heaven. (2.32)

If you will not fight this righteous war, then you will fail in your duty, lose your reputation, and incur sin. (2.33)

People will talk about your disgrace forever. To the honored, dishonor is worse than death. (2.34)

The great warriors will think that you have retreated from the battle out of fear. Those who have greatly esteemed you will lose respect for you. (2.35)

Your enemies will speak many unmentionable words and scorn your ability. What could be more painful than this? (2.36)

You will go to heaven if killed, or you will enjoy the earth if victorious. Therefore, get up with a determination to fight, O Arjuna. (2.37)

Treating pleasure and pain, gain and loss, victory and defeat alike, engage yourself in your duty. By doing your duty this way you will not incur sin. (2.38)

Comment

I agree with the link that you posted but let me add that the concept of War in Islam is the one where people are subjected to religious persecution (see the verses quoted in the link) and can only be declared by a state (The Holy Prophet's sunnah is the example of that), never on an individual level.

No Muslim is permitted to take the law in his or her own hands.
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
      X