• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times do you repent in a day?

Fwd'ing

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

How many times do you repent in a day?

To err is human. All of us sin. But, do we remember to take time out of our busy schedule to ask for forgiveness and repent for our sins?

Be honest.

Ask yourself, how many times do you really seek forgiveness of Allah in a day?

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA):

I heard Allah's Messenger (SAW) saying: "I swear by Allah that I seek Allah's forgiveness and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day." [Al-Bukhari]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

REPENT FOR YOUR SINS. YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN YOUR TIME IS OVER IN THIS WORLD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Jazak'Allah
    Next time when quoting the Quran or Ahadith, try to reference it. That would be helpful.

This one is 'Sahih Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 75, Number 319'

[This message has been edited by ammar (edited May 29, 2002).]

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khairun sister

There is a similar hadiths: He(saws) said 'O People, Repent! Verily I repent to Allah(swt) a hundred times a day.'

Abu Daawud 2/85, At-Tirmidhee 5/569, Al-Haakim and he authenticated it and Adh-Dhahabee agreed 1/511. See Saheeh At-Tirmidhee 3/182 and Al-Arna'uut's checking of [Jaami' Al-Usuul Li Ahaadeeth Ar-Rasuul r 4/389-390.

------------------
      'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
      My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
      "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
      [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Working...
      X