Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Qs

Ok, I have two questions for everyone.
    Q1: I live in Australia, it is said that the Aboriginal people (for those of you who don't know, Aboriginal people are natives to Australia) have been living here for thousands of years. All the prophets according to Islam and Christianity came to the region of middle east. Keeping the fact that 2000 years ago travelling was not so easy, would those Aboriginals be punished for not accepting a religion that acknowledges one God whether it be Christianity, Islam or Judaism?
    Q2: It is a scientific fact that dinasours existed millions of years ago and became exinct appropixametly 61million years ago, then how come there is no mention of them in religion? There is no mention of them what so ever...is there?
    I'm just curious.

Q1: i do not recall properly but there is a verse in the Quran which says "to every nation we have sent a messenger"....
    messengers were not confined to middle east...
    just becuase we (or the people a couple of centuries back) did not know about australia or america, doesnt mean Allah did not know about these places or the people living there....

Q2: the Quran does not mention a giraffe or a whale or even bacteris by name....
    does it mean anything????
    u dont expect Quran (or any other religious book) to mention each and every species....

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Regarding your first question:
      • Nor was thy Lord the one to destroy a population until He had sent to its centre a messenger, rehearsing to them Our Signs; nor are We going to destroy a population except when its members practice iniquity.

(Surat Al-Qasas:59)

So, definitely, Messengers were sent to every nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sania Saeed:
        Q2: It is a scientific fact that dinasours existed millions of years ago and became exinct appropixametly 61million years ago, then how come there is no mention of them in religion? There is no mention of them what so ever...is there?
        I'm just curious.
        Quran is not a "Science" book, nor it is a "History" book. Allah SWT did include some science and some history for us to learn from past. Did you read about all the animals that exist today in Quran? so why should Allah SWT include Dinosaurs?

------------------
        May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Once again you prove your kufr upbringing by not knowing simple basical teachings of Islam.

Dident your parents give you any information about Islam during your childhood?

No wonder you are so anti-Islamic and anti-Pakistan in your other posts here.

Comment

Sania i would give u a sincere advice....
            don't believe watever anybody tells youi mean i really had to hold my smile when i read that prophets were supposedly only sent in middle east.

And yeah well if u are still confused about many things that are not mentioned in Quran. here is a little explanation from An islamic scholar at www.islam.org

[quote]
            Question#:
            Question Date:
            1998-08-20
            Topic :
            Bermuda triangle, Dinosaurs, Asteroids, Extra-Terrestrials, etc
            Question:
            Assalamualaikum What does the Quran or Islam says about the Bermuda Triangle, Dinosaurs, Aliens and the Asteriods hitting Earth? Please enlighten me. Thank you.
            Answer:
            Dear Br. M. As-salaamu alaykum. There is nothing in Islam specifically mentioning, by name, the Bermuda triangle, dinosaurs, asteroids, extra-terrestrials, etc, but their existence doesn't contradict with any of the Islamic teachings. As you know, the Qur'an is not a scientific and cultural book recording historical events and describing animals or other creatures. Rather, it is a book of guidance and advice that takes people from darkness and ignorance toward knowledge, enlightenment and faith. Still, the Qur'an has dealt with many subjects such as astronomy, geology, and the world of jinn etc. However, the objective behind mentioning such facts is to show that God has the Will and Power to create anything He wants for people to reflect on His Greatness. In this respect the Qur'an should not be considered as a scientific or academic guidebook. While the dinosaur and other natural phenomena and creatures are not specifically mentioned in the Qur'an, God states in the Qur'an in Surah Al-Anbiya' (The Prophets)(21) verse 16: 'We didn't create the heavens and the earth and all that is between them for a (mere) play'. Therefore, their existence must have an important role in the development and evolution of our world and the entire universe. In addition, famous interpreters of the Qur'an, such as al-Allousi (died in 1850 a.d.) state that there are several verses that may support the idea (it is yet to become mainstream knowledge) of the existence of other beings and creatures outside the earth. Among these verses are: Surah an-Nahl (16) verse 8: "… And He (God) creates (other) things of which you have no knowledge". Al-Allousi comments in 14/102-103 that the disbelievers are not better than the believers who have no doubts about the existence of creations of God that we (humans) don't know about (but which we believe in their existence). Another verse is in Surah Ta-Ha (20) verse 6: "To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and all that is between them, and all that is under the soil". Al-Allousi further says (16/161) that what is "between them" are the creatures in the air and the clouds (that is: above humans) that we don't know about. A third verse is in Surah ash-Shoura (42) verse 29: "And among His (God's) ayats (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and whatever moving (living) creatures He has dispersed in them BOTH…". Here, al-Allousi further explains that it is not unlikely that creatures in the entire heavens do exist with different shapes and looks. Having stated this, it is always important to understand that these verses are not specific proofs of the existence of Extra-terrestrials, but if scientific evidence proves their existence, then, they would be totally in line with Islamic teachings. Please note that a verse in the Qur'an should not be interpreted (or stretched out) with meanings beyond what it can handle. Thank you for asking, and God knows best.
            Source:
            IslamiCity
            [quote]

Comment

Working...
            X