Sikhism (Need Help!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sikhism (Need Help!)

AoA, I've got to answer the following questions on the history of Sikhism for my World Religions class. So I need a lil help!
    • Why did Sikhism arise?
    • Why did Sikhism have a violent history?
    • The conditions under Moghul rule
    • What did each Guru do for the religion?
    • How did Sikhism evolve to the present state?
    • What is the present state of Sikhism is like currently. ie. issues & unresolved problems, etc.

ps. 5-10 line answer would be good!

Thanks!

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
    • Why did Sikhism arise?
    • Why did Sikhism have a violent history?
    • The conditions under Moghul rule
    • What did each Guru do for the religion?
    • How did Sikhism evolve to the present state?
    • What is the present state of Sikhism is like currently. ie. issues & unresolved problems, etc.

You may also want to include some of the comments of the Shaving companies like "Gillette" and others (j/k)

Comment

Khoon-e-Shaheed: AoA, I'm sorry bro, but I'm looking for serious answers. Have to submit it soon and I don't feel like researching myself on it.

------------------
      "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
      (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

salam sadia, i once did an extensive research on guru nanak.. you may find some of your answers on this post..
        http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/000849.html
        zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

Comment

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/sikhism/index.htm

------------------
          'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
          My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
          "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
          [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Thnkx for the help! (Zalim & aapki)

I'm now only looking for the answer about the conditions under Moghul rule.

Comment

Working...
            X