Is it saheeh??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it saheeh??

A brother posted this in 'are you a halal freak' thread.....

Authentic Hadith: One who eats haraam, his salaat for forty days in not counted (thats 200 salaahs)...and his flesh is destined for the fire of jahannum!

I asked for his source, but i know my question won't be noticed in that thread, does anyone know??

Jazak'Allah Khairun

------------------
    'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
    My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
    "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
    [Saheeh Muslim]

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 3643 Narrated byAbdullah ibn Umar ; Abdullah ibn Amr

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "If anyone drinks wine Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him. If he repeats the offence Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him. If he again repeats the offence Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him. If he repeats it a fourth time Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, and if he repents Allah will not forgive him, but will give him to drink of the river of the fluid flowing from the inhabitants of Hell."

Tirmidhi transmitted it, and Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Darimi transmitted it on the authority of Abdullah ibn Amr.

Comment

Does it mean that Allah SWT will give you 3 chances?

And if you do it for fourth time your repentance shall not be accepted?

By any chance, is it also said in Quran? or Hadith only? (don't wish the Quran/Hadith debate plz)

------------------
      May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Changez_like:
        Does it mean that Allah SWT will give you 3 chances?

Ibrahim says: Salaams to all

Dear Brother Changez_like,

this is how I would look at it.

Firstly we must understand certain things are best not ventured, when we understood the following ayah

5: 101 O ye who believe! ask not questions about things which if made plain to you may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed they will be made plain to you: Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Forbearing.

102 Some people before you did ask such questions and on that account lost their faith.

Ibrahim says: having understood the above and in relation to the hadith, I will accept what Allah (swt) says:

6: 120 Eschew all sin open or secret: those who earn sin will get due recompense for their "earnings."

6: 160 He that doeth good shall have ten times as much to his credit: he that doeth evil shall only be recompensed according to his evil. No wrong shall be done unto (any of) them

4: 3 Who forgiveth Sin, accepteth Repentance, is strict in Punishment and hath a Long Reach (in all things). There is no god but He: to Him is the Final Goal.

4: 116 Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him: but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah hath strayed far far away (from the right).

38: 66 "The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between Exalted in Might Able to enforce His will forgiving again and again."

Ibrahim says: lets be more precise in our understanding with relation to the hadith…..

3:135 And those who having done something to be ashamed of or wronged their own souls earnestly bring Allah to mind and ask for forgiveness for their sins and who can forgive sins except Allah? And are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done

4:137 Those who believe then reject faith then believe (again) and (again) reject faith and go on increasing in unbelief Allah will not forgive them nor guide them on the way.

Ibrahim says: I believe when one has done wrong and than earnestly repented ( similar to one who rejects faith and than accepts faith) and repeats this again and again ( meaning does wrong and than seeks repentance again and again ) and believes he can put Allah (swt) to trial , than forgiveness is closed to him.

The key words on the above ayahs are:

1) And are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done

2) and go on increasing in unbelief,

For such persons who are testing Allah (swt) :- “Allah will not forgive them nor guide them on the way”

In this sense the hadith is pretty accurate as for the number of times only Allah (swt) knows best.

There is another ayah which is even more closer to that hadith , but unable to trace it, will search for it insha Allah, maybe some other brother/sister will be able to help.

Was salaam
        Ibrahim

Hold yourself to a higher standard

Comment

Awesome reply Ibrahim

Comment

Jazak'Allahu Khairun brother

------------------
            'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
            My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
            "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
            [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Jazakallahu khairan for your efforts brother Ibrahim .
              From Quran, its evident that Allah SWT does not like being not accepted (those who reject faith) so He would accept repentence three times only. Allah SWT also regards 'shirk' as highest level sin and un-forgivable. So its very likely that when someone rejects faith (Islam, Allah being the ONLY God/Creator) 3 times He would reject him and no more repentence.

The original question was "eats haraam", and you responded with a hadith regarding "drinking" and the Quranic discussion involves rejecting faith.

Does this mean :"eat haraam, repent (1), eat haraam, repent (2), eat haraam, repent (3), eat haraam and into Hell forever" ?

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                The original question was "eats haraam", and you responded with a hadith regarding "drinking"
                Ibrahim says: Salaams to all

Dear Changez_like,

I did not respond with any words I merely posted something to that nature which seemed more likely the hadith being searched

and the Quranic discussion involves rejecting faith.
                Ibrahim says: maybe you need to search harder and you might find something in the Qur’an about what you want.

Does this mean :"eat haraam, repent (1), eat haraam, repent (2), eat haraam, repent (3), eat haraam and into Hell forever" ?
                Ibrahim says: I did answer this by telling you not to venture into it, for this is similar to getting the notion that you have 3 get out of jail for free cards and that would lead you feel you are save to do wrong that number of times. Which is not the essence of that hadith that is the allegorical content used to convey the seriousness and the mercies of Allah (swt) in my perspective.

The essence of that hadith is DON’T TEST YOUR LORD EVEN THOUGH HE IS MERCIFUL AND FORGIVING (not shouting )

Hope that helps

Was salaam
                Ibrahim

Reason and sound logic is the root of religion.

Comment

Brother Ibrahim, thanks for help.

Originally posted by Ibrahim:
                  Ibrahim says: .........for this is similar to getting the notion that you have 3 get out of jail for free cards and that would lead you feel you are save to do wrong that number of times.......

The essence of that hadith is DON’T TEST YOUR LORD EVEN THOUGH HE IS MERCIFUL AND FORGIVING (not shouting )
                  Thats not what I am "looking" for . I wanted to know if someone follows the said trend un-intendedly, unconsciously would he/she be out of faith/Islam (repeat "a" gunah 3 times, and repent 3 times and commit it for fourth time)???

------------------

Comment

Ibrahim says : salaams to all

Dear Brother Changez_like

I hope this will answer your question. Insha Allah

4: 17 Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy; for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

18 Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil until death faces one of them and he says "Now have I repented indeed"; nor of those who die rejecting faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous.

6: 54 When those come to thee who believe in Our Signs say: "Peace be on you: your Lord had inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy: verily if any of you did evil in ignorance and thereafter repented and amended (his conduct) lo! He is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful."

23: 62 On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear: before Us is a record which clearly shows the truth: they will never be wronged.

63 But their hearts are in confused ignorance of this; and there are besides that deeds of theirs which they will (continue) to do

64 Until when We seize in Punishment those of them who received the good things of this world behold they will groan in supplication!

Ibrahim says: The above ayahs are self explanatory. sorry I cannot use my own words to answer you in such matters as only Allah (swt)knows better.

Was salaam
                    Ibrahim

Allah’s (swt) part we cannot do; our part He will not do.

Comment

Thank you very much brother Ibrahim

Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil until death faces one of them and he says "Now have I repented indeed"; nor of those who die rejecting faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous.

This ayat also says "until death faces one of them". What hadith said was "3 times" repentance. I hope there is some difference there. I know that its safer to repent only once and never do it again... but then again we are human beings. I am not seekign 'permission' here to keep doing it before the time (expected/age) arrives of death, because I know for sure that no one knows when the Angel of death will knock on your door.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X