• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O Muslims beware!

Innal-Hamdalillah was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'Alaa Rasoolillah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Barakaathuhu

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam
    Allah (swt) had warned mankind not to temper with the Qur’an and generations upon generations have been wiped out because of their attempt to deceive others by altering, omitting and mistranslating revealed scriptures.

Here is CLEAR evidence that the shi’ites have willfully omitted parts of the verse in their English translation.

In the translation used by the shia , translated by M.H Shakir

Surah An-Nur , ayah 26 by M.H. SHAKIR:

Bad women .are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good women ????????????????????MISSING AYAH?????????????????????

Visit link to verify for yourself
    http://www.stg.brown.edu/templates/p...ring=an-Nur+26

or
    http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/quran/shakir/ http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/

The Holy Qur'an as translated by M.H. Shakir, M. H. Shakir's translation of the Holy Quran, as published by Tahrike Tarsile Quran, Inc., P.O. Box 1115, Elmhurst, New York 11373.
    Whereas most other translations in the English language gives a complete translation

Arabic Transliteration

Alhabisa_tu lilhabisina wal habisu_na lil habisa_t wat tay yiba_tu lit tay yibina wat tay yibu_na lit tay yiba_t ula_ ika mubara u_na mim ma_ yaqu_lu_n lahum magfiratuw wa rizqun karim

YUSUFALI:

Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

PICKTHAL:

Vile women are for vile men, and vile men for vile women. Good women are for good men, and good men for good women; such are innocent of that which people say: For them is pardon and a bountiful provision.

NOBLE QURAN

Bad statements are for bad people (or bad women for bad man ) And bad people for bad statements (or bad men for bad women )
    Good statements are for good people ( or good women for good men) and good people for good statements ( or good men for good women) : such (good people ) are innocent of (every) bad statement which they say : for them is forgiveness and Rizqun karim (generous provision i.e. Paradise)

TB IRVING

Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women, while good women are for good men and good men are for good women The latter are absolved from anything they may say; they will have forgiveness and generous provisions.

THE HOLY QURAN

Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honorable.

Ibrahim says: Please be forewarned not to rely on this translation in your attempt to understand the Qur’an as it is obviously done for shi’ites only KINDLY, ALSO WARN ALL MUSLIMS ABOUT THIS MATTER {b]

Even the submitters, Dr. Rashad Khalifa, Ph.D. whose group, are considered deviants in Islam are translating as

[24:26] The bad women for the bad men, and the bad men for the bad women, and the good women for the good men, and the good men for the good women. The latter are innocent of such accusations. They have attained forgiveness and a generous reward.
    http://www.submission.org/efarsi/arabic/sura24.html

Ibrahim says: IF anyone has an Arabic version of the M.H Shakir Arabic/English version, kindly check , if the Arabic has been altered too.

May Allah (swt) open the eyes of these misguided people and expose their true nature to Muslims across the board.

Allah (swt) knows best.
    Was salaam
    Ibrahim

4:63 Those men Allah knows what is in their hearts; so keep clear of them but admonish them and speak to them a word to reach their very souls

Ibrahim;

you are the most knowledgeable person around.

probably you are also aware of this haddes
    Nu'man bin Bashir reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: All the believers are like one man, if his eye becomes sour the whole body feels the pain and if he has a headache, his whole body feels the pain.

and many more like this. than why trying to further divisions among muslims????

isn't it enough that we worship same god, believe in same prophet and recite same Quran.

We can't we just be muslims instead of being divided in sects, casts and nationalities. and stop criticising each other.

------------------
    "Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs.... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Comment

Ibrahim;

Are u saying that Shakir was a shia and that is why the translation is omitted ?

Or are you saying the the websites hosting Shakir's translations are shia and as such the translation is being modified.

How can the qur'an be tampered with when the Qur'an in arabic is complete and protected by Allah (swt) ?

Very interested in your views.

Comment

The Arabic version to my knowledge is the same.

However, the English translation of the ayat is rather dubious and is a cause for concern.

Why he decided to miss out the latter part of the sentence does worry me, but fortunately it is not the English that conforms the Qur'aan. The English is only there as a Transliterary guide for the Non Arabic understanding Muslims.

Still dangerous though!

Comment

Originally posted by secret_obsession:
          probably you are also aware of this haddes
          Nu'man bin Bashir reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: All the believers are like one man, if his eye becomes sour the whole body feels the pain and if he has a headache, his whole body feels the pain.
          Ibrahim says: salaams to all

Dear Sister secret_obsession

Did you understand what the above hadith says, sister ? Let me make this simple for you to understand, it says: when one Muslim is oppressed or being deceived in any part of the Globe all Muslims are to do something about it because Muslims are one Ummah

Which is what I am doing by making this post, maybe you did not understand this or you perceived it differently

Let me explain what this post is to achieve

1) because this translator M.H Shakir , has for whatever reason omitted part of ayah in 24:26, many a people who would be using that translation will be misguided . would you like to use that translation and depend on it for understanding the Qur’an?

2) You will only depend on it when you have no such knowledge but if someone had warned your earlier, you will for sure, be pleased to avoid it, won’t you?

3) So tell me was my post meant to be as a help for Muslims or was it meant to divide Muslims?

4) Do you know how many Muslims use only English translations to understand the Qur’an ? of which shias mostly to my knowledge recommend and use only the shakir version.

So by now telling others and warning others about this defect in this particular translation and further trying to find out whether, the Arabic versions of it also has this omission, what and who will benefit by it?

why trying to further divisions among muslims????
          Ibrahim says: I will take it that you have not fully thought through you assertion, further the shia are already present and here to stay, nothing anyone will say is going to convince them to change form their accusations about Islam and Muslims. Now unless you feel, what I had written will cause a new division I am indeed grateful to hear from you as to how revealing the defect in this translation, may cause more divisions in Islam.

While you are at it, kindly also consider this

58:22 Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day loving those who resist Allah and His Apostle even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Felicity

isn't it enough that we worship same god, believe in same prophet and recite same Quran.
          Ibrahim says: This shows that you have limited knowledge on shiism and what its original written records teaches. Today you will see many sects in shi’ism, some openly declare they are not Muslims, others are close to Islam . So I suggest you find out more on shi’ism, not to divide them or admonish them but for your knowledge at least. Before you start making assertions like this!

Kindly read!

3: 104 Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong; they are the ones to attain felicity.

105 Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving clear signs; for them is a dreadful penalty.

May Allah (swt) guide you understand better

Was salaam
          Ibrahim

never confuse movement with progress

Comment

Originally posted by sholay:

The Arabic version to my knowledge is the same.

However, the English translation of the ayat is rather dubious and is a cause for concern.

Why he decided to miss out the latter part of the sentence does worry me, but fortunately it is not the English that conforms the Qur'aan. The English is only there as a Transliterary guide for the Non Arabic understanding Muslims.

Still dangerous though!
            Ibrahim says: Salaams to all

Jazak Allahu khair Brother Sholay, for your verification and indeed this is dangerous and have to be brought to light such that no one will end up misguided or arguing using such translations.

Unfortunately there are other groups who are also making translations that are erroneous in far flung languages in order to spread their version of Islam.

Any way something must be done to prevent and eradicate this problem, which has not been closely monitored yet.

Was salaam
            Ibrahim

Comment

ibrahim if you scrach the surface you will
              find shia represnts persian natioanlism
              and sunni arab nationalism.
              ----------------------------------------------
              As Wiebe concedes, the unique Iranian version of Shia Islam is as interwoven with Persian culture as Hinduism is with the culture of the Indian majority. Bin Laden may dream of a global Muslim Umma, but Iranian and Indian religion have yet to prove themselves capable of being successfully exported, any more than Tibetan Buddhism.
              http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...0112.lind.html

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited May 20, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim:
                Here is CLEAR evidence that the shi’ites have willfully omitted parts of the verse

Ibrahim i am sorry to say your statement is very lousy and loose, that only reflects your arrogance and harted against other sects..

No one can change the Quranic text, if you have found something different in text, we will be glad to see it..

It is advisable for you to use words that are appropriate, like in this instance, you said "shi’ites have willfully omitted parts of the verse", this gives a wrong impression at first sight, unless one compares and reads the whole thing. However if you have said that Shi'ites have misinterpreted the said verse or they have not done proper translation or some thing like this.. that would be much appropriate...

plus when you say such things, please also do compare with the original Books rather than net based references.

plus if you have found some thing different in translation, you must verify in other translations fromt he same community.

plus when you write, write briefly so reader can enjoy and share their views.

chao !

PS: I am not a Shia.

[This message has been edited by raaj-dulara (edited May 20, 2002).]

Comment

This is cause for Concern! One little mistake and the whole of the shia race if beening picked at! Very good Ibrahim. very good Indeed !

I know sunnis who indulge in immoral acts. Does it mean the whole sunni race beds prostitues every night? You logic is blindng and I fear it will blind others as well!

Comment

Ibrahim says: raaj-dulara! Let me make this simple and short for you, when you have learnt to read and quote as written , feel free to comment. And you will get a response from me.

Otherwise, I still recall what are your capabilities in this thread http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/003791.html , which means you are best avoided

Just so that, you won’t get confused any further let me quote what I stated

Here is CLEAR evidence that the shi’ites have willfully omitted parts of the verses in their English translations .
                    Whereas you quote only parts of it whilst splicing out the words in their English translations

I guess that was your problem, not mine.

Comment

Here is CLEAR evidence that the shi’ites have willfully omitted parts of the verses in their English translations .
                      are you sure its translation or translation's? how many have you compared above?

by the way, what i understood i have said,

by saying "shi’ites have willfully omitted parts of the verse in english translation".. at first sight this can be easily misunderstood as some verse has been distorted; and the word "translation" referes to English Copy of the Holy Quran and not the English translaiton of the verse.

In your statemnt the word "verse" is the subject; not the word "translations".

dont teach me grammer, just admit your fault and stop bashing others.

as for your homework, go to the library and pick up few translationSSSS; then come and debate in a dignified way.

lengthy posts with tons of references doesnt make your personality impressive.

chao!

[This message has been edited by raaj-dulara (edited May 21, 2002).]

Comment

Why don’t you check with Shakir before opening a useless post about nothing? Send him an e-mail outlining your concern on behalf of all the morons. What’s such a big deal if it is not translated the way you want it be? No two translation will ever be the same.

Comment

I'm still confused.

How is Shakir's translation or err in translation a shia problem ?

Seems like every quranic website I have gone to holding Shakir's translation has the same translation. And these are all ahl-sunnat sites.

So Ibrahim, why have you accused the shias for this - besides you blind hatred for other schools of thought that is ?

Comment

Dear Brother Ibrahim

yes, you are right i had not even read the whole post, i just replied. I was wrong

first few lines turned me out, the words were talking about shihas, well i am sure you can find mistakes in sunni versions as well. May be i was wrong to reply without reading the whole thing because after reading it now, i dont think I would want to reply the way I did.

From your reply it is obvious that you believe that shihas are wrong, but how do you know that they are wrong and you are not...
                            and yes , you are right I don't know much about shihas sunni differences because I am not intrested in exploring that. You can argue with others on religious beliefs but at the end it is always faith. and arguemnts just increase haterd for each other. argueing somewhere where you know people would agree you , or you can convince them is worthable butwhen it comes to faith than 99% of the time it is worth less.

------------------
                            "Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs.... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf:
                              I'm still confused.
                              Ibrahim says: Most likely because you have not answered my questions that I had asked concerning this very issue on the other thread. So I suggest you back track and answer my question, if response is what you want from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X