Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Literally zakat means purification so does it mean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally zakat means purification so does it mean...

Literally zakat means purification so does it mean that if I take a shower I have paid my zakat or do I have to wash 2.5% of my body ?

Maybe the muslims who take the literal interpretation of the word Jihad i.e. to struggle and then apply to catching a bus or constipation can reflect on this.

ever read Quran? it says "aati-z-zakat", what do you think about that?

don't just make "rules" on what the word literally means. try to understand Islam through Quran first, that should help

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

The 2.5% rate was ESTABLISHED by 'Umar; it (the specific rate)is NOT in the quran!

Comment

So what rate do you think Zakaat should be, ADBUL!

Comment

Changez_like

You've missed my point and instead you agreed with it.

This was aimed at people who take the literal interpretation of the word jihad and use it to apply to all sorts of things. So I was showing how by taking the literal interpretation of the word zakat what kind of a silly situation we would be in.

Comment

Can you elaborate on what your point is?

------------------
            May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Originally posted by sholay:
              So what rate do you think Zakaat should be, ADBUL!
              Who is Umar to be SETTING up rates for zakat. It is between me and the capacity of my pocket!

Comment

Adbul

YUSUFALI: Of their goods, take alms, that so thou mightest purify and sanctify them; and pray on their behalf. Verily thy prayers are a source of security for them: And Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth.

PICKTHAL: Take alms of their wealth, wherewith thou mayst purify them and mayst make them grow, and pray for them. Lo! thy prayer is an assuagement for them. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

SHAKIR: Take alms out of their property, you would cleanse them and purify them thereby, and pray for them; surely your prayer is a relief to them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Fixed percentage or 'ad hoc'deduction.

What would you say.

Comment

Working...
                X