Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do Shia ......

brothers say the salat?

we have seen a salat version from PA 'derived' from Quranic verses, which is something like this:

perform ablution (wudhu)
    stand up (didn't say about direction)
    ta'auz (aoozu billah....)
    recite Quran with medium voice (not loud, not silent)
    sajda and tasbeeh
    -The End-

(please correct me if I'm wrong).

Shia brothers claim that they have a Hadith book compiled by Hazrat Ali (RA), also they perform wudhu as told in Quran (not as in Hadith, as Sunnis do). My question is does that Hadith compilation by Hazrat Ali (RA) talk about how to say salaat?? and what is the way Hazrat Ali (RA) said his salaat?

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Please refrain from Shia-Sunni usual fight!!!!

------------------

Comment

no shia brother/sister would like to tell us how they say their salat??

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
        no shia brother/sister would like to tell us how they say their salat??

Since no shia brother / sister has answered this, I will atempt to on their behalf:

For example, take Isha for example:

First rakat

1) Wudu
        2) Make Niyaat
        3) Allahu Akbar commences the salat
        4) Read Surah Fatiha + Any other surah in the first rakat
        5) Ruku - Subhan Allah x 3 times. Subhana Rabil Al Azeemay Wabay Hamday. Ala Huma Saale Ala Muhammadin wa alayee Muhammed
        6) Straighten - Allahu Akbar
        7) Go into Sajdah - Subhan Allah x 3 times. Subhana Rabil al Ala Wabay Hamday. Ala Huma Saale Ala Muhammadin wa alayee Muhammed

Second Rakat - Same as first

Before going into Ruku, they will do kunoot

After Sajdah, they will read Tasahud

Third Rakat - Surah Fatiha once - Ruku - Sajdah

Fourth Rakat - Surah Fatiha once - Ruku - Sajdah

After Sajdah, they will read Tasahud

Then Salam

Then Allahu Akbar x 3 times

Then La illa ha illal lah x 1 time.

ws

Comment

gandalf you really take the biscuit? whats this 'i will attempt to answer it' business, why dont you say. This is how we read namaz etc etc

Comment

JazakAllahu khairab bro Gandalf. So basically "All" sects in Islam have "rakaat" as a unit of prayer, essentially having:

1. standing
            2. reciting
            3. ruku with tasbeeh
            4. Twice sajda with tasbeeh
            5. sitting/tashshahud
            6. terminating salaat with "salaam" towards both shoulders.

So these components are common.
            In Shia fiqh, most likely these are driven from the ahadith collection by Hazrat Ali (RA). This should "reduce" the doubt in terms of how Prophet PBUH prayed, but then some will think that Prophet PBUH prayed AGAINST whats said in Quran???

I don't think so, since Prophet PBUH included the recommendations in Quran in way he offered salaat.

Sister Saima, let Gandalf be Shia/Sunni, whether he is under "taqiya" or not, as long as he is telling Shia's perspective and no Shias are objecting to it so just regard it as a Shia perspective and ignore who is it coming from, shall we? just to increase our harmony level

------------------

Comment

Is the Ritual more Important than the Prayers itself?

People like Changez seem to be FIXATED on the 'How may rukus & how many sajdas & how many times'! Is this what prayers is all about?

I can & should be able to pray to Allah in whatever way & language that I wish

[This message has been edited by Adbulmalick (edited May 16, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by saimahasnain:
                gandalf you really take the biscuit? whats this 'i will attempt to answer it' business, why dont you say. This is how we read namaz etc etc

It's getting pretty transparent Gandalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Adbulmalick:
                  Is the Ritual more Important than the Prayers itself?

People like Changez seem to be FIXATED on the 'How may rukus & how many sajdas & how many times'! Is this what prayers is all about?

I can & should be able to pray to Allah in whatever way & language that I wish

[This message has been edited by Adbulmalick (edited May 16, 2002).]
                  Adbul Malick, yes you are allowed to pray to Allah SWT as you want, but it does not guarantee that this prayer will be accepted. I seek to learn the "prayer"/"salaat" as prayed by Prophet PBUH in light of Quran, to perform the obligatory salaat. If I am fixated, it should not hold you back from your daily life routines.

------------------

Comment

Adbul Malick, yes you are allowed to pray to Allah SWT as you want, but it does not guarantee that this prayer will be accepted. I seek to learn the "prayer"/"salaat" as prayed by Prophet PBUH in light of Quran, to perform the obligatory salaat. If I am fixated, it should not hold you back from your daily life routines.
                    Changez,
                    If you seek to pray like the prophet and are FIXATED on it, then why worry about - how others pray or EVEN insist that they pray like you do?

Do the FOUR sunni sects say the namaz in the same way?
                    There are about 200+- differences Combined in the way the four sunni sects say their namaz.

Thank you for your honesty that - YES! I can pray in whatever 'way' and 'whatever language' I desire to worship & pray to Allah!

An Arabic only speaking Allah is not acceptable to me!

Comment

Do the FOUR sunni sects say the namaz in the same way?
                      Again, I see another of your nasty Shia attempt to divide the Mainstream Muslims.

First of all, these are NOT SECTS but SCHOOLS OF THOUGHTS.

This is UNLIKE THE SHIAS who have different SECTS - like Ismailies, Alawites, Ithna 'Ashari, Yemeni Zaidis etc - each claiming they are right and the others are wrong, and have different assertions.

Difference between Sect and School of Thought : The different Schools of Thought believe that all the other Schools of Thought are right . The difference lies in their Methodology (manhaaj) and interpretation. If a scholar from the Shafi' school of thought is given a little different from a Hanafi School of Thought, he would normally agree that if interpreted in that way, this is the ruling you'd get.

However, Sects believe that they are right and the other sects are wrong. And the Sects are based on Assertions, not different Interpretations. For example, Shias believe that after the death of the Holy Prophet (S), out of all the 120,000 + Sahaaba, everyone apostated EXCEPT ONLY about 3 OR 7. Now, this is an assertion, NOT an interpretation.

Also, there's NO difference of 'aqeedah (belief) between the 4 Schools of Thought, but there are some differences in jurisprudence, which are subject to interpretation. It is like saying any 2 Scholars will obviously have slightly different opinions on some issues.

Also, the different Schools of thoughts, do NOT have any competition or Identity issues among them. Like, you wouldn't see a Shafi' wanting to convert everyone to the Shafi' school of thought, and see the World turned into a Shafi' world. We only care about Islam.

For example, during the Afghan-Soviet war, many Arabs volunteered to fight for their fellow Afghan-Muslims. Many of the Arabs followed the Shafi' School of Thought, while the Afghan Muslims usually follow the Hanafi School of Thought. Did "School of Thought" matter to the Arab volunteers when they came to lay down their lives in defence of their Afghan brothers ?

However, do you see Shias volunteering to fight for the Muslims of Chechnya, or Philippines, or China etc ?

Also, most of the Mainstream Muslims (Sunnis) hardly know the differences between the different Schools of Thought. These differences are so minor, they don't even matter to the common people.

There are about 200+- differences Combined in the way the four sunni sects say their namaz.
                      It is interesting to see that the Shias are more informed about our differences than we ourselves !!! And they seem to know the minor and the major and even the statistics on these differences !!! Hmmmm..What other reason could it be except to divide the Mainstream Muslims ????

But you know what, when it comes to Congregrational Prayer (Jam'aat), ALL the 4 Schools of Thought are agreed that we should pray together. That's why you see Mainstream Muslims belonging to different Schools of Thought praying together.

=============================================
                      =============================================

Changez_like: I didn't mean to sidetrack the topic, or create a Shia-Sunni fight, but It was important to address this SUBTLE & SINISTER trick used by the Shias to DIVIDE the Mainstream Muslims.

Comment

An Arabic only speaking Allah is not acceptable to me!
                        So you pray in Persian ??

Comment

Sister Saima, let Gandalf be Shia/Sunni, whether he is under "taqiya" or not, as long as he is telling Shia's perspective and no Shias are objecting to it so just regard it as a Shia perspective and ignore who is it coming from, shall we? just to increase our harmony level
                          But Changez, Gandalf repeatedly claims to be a Sunni Muslims (and "Hanafi" too, as if he wants to indicate it's a sub-sect) and then he defends Shiism with lies and attacks Mainstream Islam with lies and deception. So, it's better to expose him so that he's not able to misguide other Mainstream Muslims.

Comment

Good Job Gandalf . You are absolutely right

Its always nice to see ppl like changez ,Gandalf etc who try to learn other sects with open mind..keep it up and please don't get caught up with the likes of some irrelevant ppl

Comment

Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X