Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let him capture you!

Fwd'ing

BISMILLAH.Assalamu' Alaikum Wa Rehmatullahi' Wa Barakatuhu'.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There was a tree that was worshipped instead of Allah. One man decided to chop down that tree. He was going to chop down the tree out of anger for the sake of Allah, Subhanu ta'ala. One the way to the tree he met Shaiytan (Satan) who was in the form of a man. Satan asked him, "What do you plan on doing?" The man answered, "I am going to chop down that tree that is worshipped instead of Allah."Satan said, "If you do not worship it, why should it harm you if others do so?" The man replied, "I will chop it down!"Satan then told him, "Would you like something better than that? Do not cut it and you will get two dinars every morning under your pillow."The man questioned, "From where will I get that?"Satan said, "I will give it to you." The man returned and the next morning he found two dinars under his pillow. The following morning he again found two dinars under his pillow. On the following morning he did not find anything. He got upset and went to chop down the tree. Satan again appeared to him in the shape of the same man. Satan asked him, "What do you want to do?" The man answered, "I plan on cutting down that tree that is worshipped instead of Allah!" Wicked Satan said, "You have lied. There is no way you will be able to do it!" The man left him to chop it down. The earth swallowed him and choked him until it almost killed him. Satan came near to that man and asked, "Do you know who I am? I am Satan. I met you for the first time when you were angry for the sake of Allah and I had no power over you. I tried to tempt you and deceived you by two dinars and you stopped what you had intended to do [for the sake of Allah]. Now you have come because you are angry about the two dinars [and not for the sake of Allah], and I have gotten mastery over you." Is this a true story?This story was narrated by Hassan al-Basri. Most likely, it is from the Israeeliyaat (stories of the Jews and Christians) and there is no authentic source which shows that it has been narrated by the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him). However, Allah has also informed us in His Book, the Holy Qur'an, about a person who was given the signs of Allah and was aware of them, but then he left all of that and Allah let Satan gain mastery over him. Satan then seduced him and misled him and he became a lesson for others and a story that has been passed on. Allah says in the Qur'an, "Relate to them the story of the man to whom We sent our signs but he disregarded them: so Satan followed him up and he went astray. If it had been Our will We should have elevated him with our signs; but he inclined to the earth and followed his own vain desires. His similitude is that of a dog: if you attack him he lolls out his tongue or if you leave him alone he (still) lolls out his tongue. That is the similitude of those who reject our signs; so relate the story; perchance they may reflect." [Al-Ara'af 175-176] Satan has power over the believers due to their sins.Repel your temptations!Don't let him capture your conscience.Repel Satan!

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)
Working...
X