• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teacher calls colleagues 'kafir', sacked

can you call somebody racial or religious
    names ? is it provocative?
    http://headlines.sify.com/759news4.html

I have said it before and I will say it again. There are many on this forum who will call you Kafir, hindu, jew, etc. at the drop of a pin if you are not frothing at the mouth. Was that a correct judgement by the Kafir judge, and a correct policy by the hypocrite Muslim management of the school? What do you expect from a school in Mumbai?

Comment

That teacher should be send to Singapore and flogged like a red headed step child.

Comment

Chaltahai- Fatwa waiting for you in the Jews thread. Whatever will you do now?

Comment

"The Bombay High Court has ordered a teacher to tender unconditional apology to her colleagues for calling them 'kafir,' and held that there was no place in a secular country for such expressions."

But in that secular country burning of Quran, destruction of Masjids and Massacre of minorities is common and acceptable.

Comment

common sense tells you you dont call
            people b rcial or religiouly offensive
            terms. how pakistani feel when theyy are
            called racial terms

Comment

Is "kafir" a derogatory term (like the "n" word in referring to african-americans), or is it just used to describe someone who is not a muslim?

-Stu

Comment

Originally posted by secret_obsession:
                [BBut in that secular country burning of Quran, destruction of Masjids and Massacre of minorities is common and acceptable.

[/B]

Secularism means "anything goes " as long as it is the Muslims who are at the receiving end whether that is in Turkey, India, or other places.

Comment

Kafir means unbeliever, as in someone who does not believe in Islam.

Ignroant Mullahs have tunred this phrase into being used for hating other people.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Faraz: I don't think the negative connotations come from the ignorance of the Mullha's. After all Kufr is rejection of the fundamental percept of Islam.

Comment

Funny how the Prime Minister the other day while refering to Islam, said that it had two faces, one of which was the violent fundementalist type and that is the one rearing its face in India. I wonder if such comments are becoming of a leader representing a "secular" country? Apperently this whole issue over the teacher is a way of defending the sensetivities of non-muslims. I wonder if they would show the same respect for muslims sensetivities?

Comment

is it legal to call non-muslims as kafirs
                        in pakistan? do call them kafir only when you get mad with non-beleiver or adress
                        them regularly?

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                          is it legal to call non-muslims as kafirs
                          in pakistan? do call them kafir only when you get mad with non-beleiver or adress
                          them regularly?
                          We were talking about India. Your statement is typical of nationalist Hindu. Problem with you people, is that everytime your logic fails you, you point fingers at us. We have many many problems in Pakistan. But we never claimed to be saints, never claimed to be secular, never claimed to be the bastion of human rights. In India, you people make everyone of these. That is why I asked the question. Are your countries actions fair by your definition? Was the statement made by you secualr govt fair? Answer the question, dont point fingers. Otherwise your problems will get worse and you will have to use us as scapegoats like always.

Comment

That is pretty messed up!! I wonder what would have happened if she decided to err on the side of caution and use the simple translation, non-muslim.

Not to be apologetic of course, but just to be careful...

------------------
                            Wahb ibn Munabbih said, "... Then honour yourself by rejecting the characteristics of the fools, and instead subject yourselves to the characteristics of the scholars. And custom yourself to the actions of the gentle, patient ones and forbid yourself from the actions of the
                            wretched, and make it compulsory upon yourself that you follow the behaviour of the scholars, and separate yourself from the ways of the wicked people..."

Comment

there is nothing wrong using nice words
                              to promote freindship between peoples of different religens and faiths.every time
                              muslim and hindu meets they dont have to hurl
                              bad words at each other afterall they live close to each other. neighbor is closer to
                              you than a close relative living far away.

Comment

Working...
                              X