A powerful Ayat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A powerful Ayat

“O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter”

[Translated Meaning of the Qu'ran, Surah 9; Ayat 38].

Nice ayat and very powerfull just imagine how it feels to hear this ayat in Arabic!

Comment

>>But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter”<<

If you KNOW it, why not start marching right now if you agree with it?

Here, I can post in GupShup on your behalf!!!!

Comment

good one

------------------
        "Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs.... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
          >>But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter”<<

If you KNOW it, why not start marching right now if you agree with it?

Here, I can post in GupShup on your behalf!!!!
          whats with some ppl??? if u dont understand dont bother say anything

Comment

>>if u dont understand dont bother say anything<<

Oh, your 'Ayat' is easy enough to understand.
            The reason I bothered to say something is these sayings of Koran are twisted out of context.
            If you bother to read Koran, you will find that most of such verses were said in "context" of some tribal war.
            Especially there were some heated words in the "context" of the Prophet's journey back to Mecca from Madina.
            I know that and I am a HINDU.

Comment

true Andhra yet ure understanding is still very limited yes the as we all know the quran was revealed many hundreds of years ago, yet it was sent down for all ages and all times, so we relates the ayats that were sent down regarding certain matters then to present day life to find solutions to the problems today, We look at what situaution an ayat was sent down then and relates that ayat to a present day situation. Like for example the ayats regarding Jihad are very apparanet when used int he conext of the Plaestinian people who are being martyed when saving their homes and lands from the oppressive jewish army !

------------------
              ....then there will be Khilafah Rashidah on the method of the Prophethood. (Ahmad)

Comment

there are over 100 ayats telling us to fight and the arabic word qitaal means to phyiscal fight those who fight you,those who abuse islam,those who do injustice,etc

[This message has been edited by clubber lang (edited May 15, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                X