• Show
Clear All

number of rakaats and intentions?

Throughout schooling (Pakistani boards), I was taught
    a. 4 rakaats in Fajr, 2 fardh, 2 sunnat
    b. 12 rakaat in Dohr, 4 sunnat, 4 fard, 2 sunnat, 2 nafil
    c. 8 rakaats in Asr, 4 sunnat, 4 fardh
    d. 7 rakaats in Maghreb, 2 sunnat, 2 nafil
    e. 17 rakaats in Ishaa, 4 sunnat, 4 fardh, 2 sunnat, 2 nafil, 3 witr, 2 nafil

I don't know what other folks here were taught.

what are these "sunnats" rakaats for? and how should we make "intention" for these rakaats? (anti-Sunnah folks should ignore this post please, do not want to divert this thread).

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

well, I have been taught exactly the same things as you.

"farz" are the rakats that are must and you have to pray them.

"sunnat" are the ones that prophet muhammd prayed and we should pray them too but they are not must.

intentions should be this that we are foloowing the sunnah of our beloved prophet. or atleast thats what I intend.

Don't know exactly what intentions should be, i am not a religious scholar, imam or molvi.

------------------
    "Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs.... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Comment

Prophet PBUH would not offer "sunnat" salaat himself, would he? He must have offered "nafil", why should we make intention of "sunnat" salaat? to me, there are only 2 types, "fardh" and "nafil".

does anyone have a hadith that we should offer the "sunnat" salaat as "sunnat"?

------------------

Comment

------------------

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited May 17, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X